Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] oh sweet jesus nelson racing built a ZR1!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Default oh sweet jesus nelson racing built a ZR1!!

check this thing out. thats awesome right there. now if underground or hefner would do one up as well it would be the trifecta of crazy zr1's

http://www.streetfire.net/video/1300...ce_2039195.htm
Old 07-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Ryan Bell
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

That is absurd power.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:23 PM
tomsws6
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, insane. Hes actually a member on here and has a few post up about it.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Naeblis
Racer

Ibl
Old 07-22-2010, 04:05 PM
BondurantHPD
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Vendor Donor '08-'09

Wow!
Old 07-22-2010, 07:26 PM
OregonC6
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I've about given myself enough credit to believe that, given enough time to get used to the power, that I'd stop being afraid of a stock ZR1.

However, maybe I'm just too old now. I think I'd always be afraid of this beast. It would be interesting to know the specifics of how they achieved this power output. Also of interest would be the source of the consistent smoke on decel on each run.

This reminds me of the new SC being offered as an over the counter part for the "standard" LS3. Why? Because as in the case of the regular LS3 suddenly putting out lots more hp.....the question of "survival" of the "rest" of the stock drivetrain ( unless modified for the additional power ) comes to mind.

No doubt at all that the stock ZR1 drivetrain is built to handle the stock hp. The question is whether it could handle almost double the hp. In the case of the SC on a standard LS3 the increase would be far lower as a percent of the stock hp than for this machine.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:31 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

OregonC6: Twin's, 430ci LS9 y mucho effectivo...
Old 07-23-2010, 04:11 AM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Not to be confused. This ZR1 was built by Nelson Performance in Miami and NOT Nelson Racing engines of Cal who builds some very insanely sick engines and cars.

http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/index.html

Can't wait to see this ZR1 hit the tracks with this power.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:32 AM
obzidian
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '09

yeah, first thing that came to mind... big difference between those two shops.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:52 PM
LT4POWR
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't know that there was another "Nelson" (outside of the place in Cali)..thanks.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:19 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This was posted and locked because they claim the Fastest and most powerful ZR1 when other ZR1's have been faster and better built. Most rip this red ZR1 apart because from the start lies have been told about truth if they blew the motor or not. And also two different persons posting under the nc1205 name.
Now let me just say the red ZR1 was the first to break in to the low 10's. And to be the first twin turbo out and now the first TT ZR1 to make 1100hp. All they done is be the first.. And im not say it a bad thing.

Here's is a nasty ZR1
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-zr1-pics.html
pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipsmoto...7623877946145/

This car is making less power right now per the owners request. But as you will see the cars hasn't changed it combination over three times to try to get it right and you can see the build looks flawless. And this setup will make the same or more hp then the red one with smaller turbos

IPS TT ZR1
[IMG][/IMG]

Nelson Performance
[IMG][/IMG]

The right way to do things
[IMG][/IMG]

And the Nelson way... well you get the picture.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by GIO-305
This was posted and locked because they claim the Fastest and most powerful ZR1 when other ZR1's have been faster and better built. Most rip this red ZR1 apart because from the start lies have been told about truth if they blew the motor or not. And also two different persons posting under the nc1205 name.
Now let me just say the red ZR1 was the first to break in to the low 10's. And to be the first twin turbo out and now the first TT ZR1 to make 1100hp. All they done is be the first.. And im not say it a bad thing.
You forgot to show the big holes cut in the frame on the Nelson one to fit the "forme"r turbos.
I know some people call us haters and love that red twin turbo car. Those people are not privy to the whole story (the truth story), I am sure opinions would vary if it all came out in the wash.
I will give props though, for it's second or third motor, it sure is a dyno queen now with those big numbers, mind you with that serious oil coming out under deceleration, they better have the next motor ready for install.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:38 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Racer44
You forgot to show the big holes cut in the frame on the Nelson one to fit the "forme"r turbos.
I know some people call us haters and love that red twin turbo car. Those people are not privy to the whole story (the truth story), I am sure opinions would vary if it all came out in the wash.
I will give props though, for it's second or third motor, it sure is a dyno queen now with those big numbers, mind you with that serious oil coming out under deceleration, they better have the next motor ready for install.
And im not here to say the story and bash the car. Hell he is a vette brother like all of us and to a point I edmire the car. I even edmire the blk TT Z06 that they did that made 1200hp and I meet the owner of it and is a really nice guy. But to this day there TT Z06 has only done 1200hp dyno passes and still spits oil out the exhaust like the ZR1.

I wasn't even going to make my post but what has worked me up is they claim that its built for the streets and then I call him out on it when my car is out in a few weeks and no reply. He saw my post and was logged on to see it and he replys to other post. Im a cam & spray car that will make at best a low to mid 700hp to a 1100hp TT ZR1.
Who has the upper hand here?
Old 07-23-2010, 10:57 PM
nc1205
Instructor

Originally Posted by Racer44
My Hater friend I dont know why you love me so much.
I guess am playing with a toy that you can't.
I also dont know where you getting all this wrong info.
You make me cry sorry for you.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:09 PM
nc1205
Instructor

And im not here to say the story and bash the car. Hell he is a vette brother like all of us and to a point I edmire the car. I even edmire the blk TT Z06 that they did that made 1200hp and I meet the owner of it and is a really nice guy. But to this day there TT Z06 has only done 1200hp dyno passes and still spits oil out the exhaust like the ZR1.

I wasn't even going to make my post but what has worked me up is they claim that its built for the streets and then I call him out on it when my car is out in a few weeks and no reply. He saw my post and was logged on to see it and he replys to other post. Im a cam & spray car that will make at best a low to mid 700hp to a 1100hp TT ZR1.
Who has the upper hand here?
OK GIO put me first on your list.
I'm going to be fair with you, I will race you on pump gas at low boost.
My car is ready let me know went your ready and if this make you happy I will drive my self.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:17 PM
bgreen83
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wait til i get down to south fla to race im on the way
Old 07-23-2010, 11:19 PM
nc1205
Instructor

Here's is a nasty ZR1
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-zr1-pics.html
pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipsmoto...7623877946145/

This car is making less power right now per the owners request. But as you will see the cars hasn't changed it combination over three times to try to get it right and you can see the build looks flawless. And this setup will make the same or more hp then the red one with smaller turbos

IPS TT ZR1
[IMG][/IMG]

Nelson Performance
[IMG][/IMG]

The right way to do things
[IMG][/IMG]

And the Nelson way... well you get the picture.
[IMG][/IMG]
My car is build to race not for show, If I want that fast intake all I got to make Is one phone call but I wanted to look like a ZR1.Let me know went u ready.

Get notified of new replies

To oh sweet jesus nelson racing built a ZR1!!

Old 07-23-2010, 11:50 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by nc1205
OK GIO put me first on your list.
I'm going to be fair with you, I will race you on pump gas at low boost.
My car is ready let me know went your ready and if this make you happy I will drive my self.
Cool.. Just looking for a good race without the smack talk from Nelson
Old 07-24-2010, 12:07 AM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

My car is build to race not for show, If I want that fast intake all I got to make Is one phone call but I wanted to look like a ZR1.Let me know went u ready.
I always understood why you want it there but any other engine builder would have told you to go another route for a intake. I guess he finally figured it out that it will not flow right. Well you know now because it's maxed it cfm. Im not saying you need a Fast 102 but most here knew that the hallowed out blower was not going to give you the best performance.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:13 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '09

Ok.... so why didn't you do this from the beginning? You're know seeing that gutting the supercharger wasn't worth it as your latest results shows a restriction though I was called out for not know what I was talking about when I initially mentioned it.

My Hater friend I dont know why you love me so much.
I guess am playing with a toy that you can't.
I also dont know where you getting all this wrong info.
You make me cry sorry for you.

Very professional.

Cool.. Just looking for a good race without the smack talk from Nelson

You know as well as EVERYONE ELSE IN SOUTH FLORIDA that is never going to happen. Funny how getting "busted" by one of his cars is usually associated with him not racing fairly.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] oh sweet jesus nelson racing built a ZR1!!