Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Halltech's New C6.R Waterfall Hood Needs a volunteer ZR1 for fitment

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Halltech's New C6.R Waterfall Hood Needs a volunteer ZR1 for fitment

We are have molded the top skin for the new Halltech ZR1W Waterfall hood and will be needing a volunteer ZR1 for fitment. I am not sure exactly when your car will be needed, but it will just be for a few hours.

If interested in helping with this project, email me at jim@halltechsystems.com. I will be in touch regarding where and when.

Our shop is here in Wisconsin, so the closer the better. Once the hoods are finished, one will be made for you at our cost.

This hood will be exactly like the new Z07 Carbon hood for the Z06, but will not have structure on the bottom skin where it goes over the supercharger, thereby allowing no window and closing of the hood, which cannot be done with the new Carbon Hood. 16 lbs or less.

Jim Hall

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 09-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Wish I were closer, I'd help ya out! Looking forward to the finished product.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:41 AM
FIRSTC6Z06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Halltech
We are have molded the top skin for the new Halltech ZR1W Waterfall hood and will be needing a volunteer ZR1 for fitment. I am not sure exactly when your car will be needed, but it will just be for a few hours.

If interested in helping with this project, email me at jim@halltechsystems.com. I will be in touch regarding where and when.

Our shop is here in Wisconsin, so the closer the better. Once the hoods are finished, one will be made for you at our cost.

This hood will be exactly like the new Z07 Carbon hood for the Z06, but will not have structure on the bottom skin where it goes over the supercharger, thereby allowing no window and closing of the hood, which cannot be done with the new Carbon Hood. 16 lbs or less.

Jim Hall
Jim,

Maybe you could explain why a guy with a ZR1 would want a Z06 hood?
Not to mention the fact that your statement reads "thereby allowing no window or closing of the hood"???????????
Old 09-18-2010, 10:35 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by FIRSTC6Z06
Jim,

Maybe you could explain why a guy with a ZR1 would want a Z06 hood?
Not to mention the fact that your statement reads "thereby allowing no window or closing of the hood"???????????
I'm not Jim, but I can tell you that there may be a number of ZR1 owners that would like a hood without a window.

The Z06 Carbon Edition hood has the same exterior look/dimensions of the ZR1 hood, but doesn't have a window.

However, due to supporting structure on the inside of the CE hood, it won't close over the intercooler on a ZR1.

So.....that's what Jim is talking about. It's a ZR1 hood without the window.

Bob
Old 09-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by BEZ06
I'm not Jim, but I can tell you that there may be a number of ZR1 owners that would like a hood without a window.

The Z06 Carbon Edition hood has the same exterior look/dimensions of the ZR1 hood, but doesn't have a window.

However, due to supporting structure on the inside of the CE hood, it won't close over the intercooler on a ZR1.

So.....that's what Jim is talking about. It's a ZR1 hood without the window.

Bob
In addition to the SC clearance without a window, it will have the C6.R waterfall for venting the radiator directly to the atmosphere.
I suspect every racer out there would like that idea.

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech's New C6.R Waterfall Hood Needs a volunteer ZR1 for fitment

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Halltech's New C6.R Waterfall Hood Needs a volunteer ZR1 for fitment