Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] How about a C6Z06 vs C6ZR1 supercar shoot out at MIR?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Default How about a C6Z06 vs C6ZR1 supercar shoot out at MIR?

Z06>zr1

Last edited by Fartpipe; 06-06-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:59 PM
jmc5
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fartpipe
Could this be the debate settler of C6Z06<>C6ZR1 at the dragstrip?
No, it won't be a debate settler. There are no people debating this who haven't already made up their minds.

You might as well print up a ZR1 long form birth certificate and hope that will settle things once and for all.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

I understand now. Well this thread may settle another debate. More C6Z06 owners race their cars while ZR1 owners wax theirs and count the depreciation of their collector car but with a fancy license plate cover atleast.

Better to be used and enjoyed than to rust and be destroyed!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is a known fact that the ZO6 gets better gas millage than the ZR1 does
Old 06-05-2011, 06:27 PM
ub2slow2

I understand now. Well this thread may settle another debate. More C6Z06 owners race their cars while ZR1 owners wax theirs and count the depreciation of their collector car but with a fancy license plate cover atleast.

I know several who track their ZR1 and I'm going to be one of them as soon as I get a decent weather day when they have track days. Besides I don't think most who bought ZR1's really care about the depreciation much less the crap gas mileage lol

Old 06-05-2011, 08:20 PM
dougatl
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

To each his own but I don't understand why 'some' maybe just a few Z06 owners hate on the ZR1.
I owned two Z06's before the ZR1 and never felt the need to compare the two, oh well.
Doug
Old 06-05-2011, 08:24 PM
ub2slow2

I don't either, probably envy for some. Hell I think the Z06 is an awesome car.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:00 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Yeah, nothing much to debate as far as speed difference stock to stock. There are two advantages the Z06 has over the ZR1. Price and fuel mileage. That's it.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:06 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by dougatl
To each his own but I don't understand why 'some' maybe just a few Z06 owners hate on the ZR1.
I owned two Z06's before the ZR1 and never felt the need to compare the two, oh well.
Doug
I have a ZO6 and a ZR1. Love both of them
Old 06-05-2011, 09:37 PM
barduch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the pleasure of driving both on track at Spring Mountain. I thoroughly enjoyed both and would be happy owning either. They are both amazing on the road course. I would be a liar if I denied the fact that I enjoy the attention that the ZR1 gets and the interest that it continues to attract wherever we go. It's a fun conversation starter.

As for rusting, is there much on our cars that isn't fiberglass, carbon fiber, plastic, rubber or aluminum?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,447 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Would be even better if you could talk Ranger into coming and switch piloting back and forth b/n Zs and ZRs.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

This isn't really a debate thing. Its more about getting super cars out to the track on the same day at a good track and good time. Maybe some other supercars to have FUN..... FFFFFFFUUUUUUNNNNNNNNUHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

As for Ranger all the better. We can have Ranger up and 1blownLT1C6Z all out at the same track having FUN Make it happen ladies!
Old 06-05-2011, 10:32 PM
355Spider
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You're forgetting the fact that most of us are/ were Z06 owners.
Doug
My point exactly. I owned two before my Zr1 and tracked them all.

Last edited by 355Spider; 06-06-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:43 PM
ZR1Gerhardt
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Does carbon fiber rust? Hell, I better go zaino it again!

Just kidding.

Scott
Old 06-06-2011, 01:39 AM
Russell ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm calling ZR1 basher, another secretly lusts, but it stays out of reach...

And with this type of logic, please do us all a favor and dont pass your genetics to the next generation...

Last edited by Russell ZR1; 06-06-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:42 AM
Russell ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Doug
I feel the Z06 owners that bash suffer from the "Jane Brady syndrome" it a clinical proven disorder
Old 06-06-2011, 06:57 AM
99HRDTP
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm curious of how many would like to have a MIR track rental not so much for a ET bragging rights but more for a friendly competition of supercars? C6Z06 vs C6ZR1 and heck how about we invite other supercars to come for a nice rental one day at MIR? See who comes out on top? MIR has been ran enough this year and its warm out that I bet we could do a 60ft or so prep and be just fine traction wise. Plus it would get some people out of the pool and back into the cars instead of racing in the winter only

Lets see the interest? Could this be the debate settler of C6Z06<>C6ZR1 at the dragstrip? Hmmmmm could be interesting....anyone have a nice new Porsche or viper or ferrari or mercedes or BMW etc etc you get the idea that would want to drag race that puppy?

Sorry, bud, if y'all weren't so far of a trip, I'd love to attend. Unfortunately, on this forum, you aren't going to drum up much support. Not as many ZR1 owners and definitely not as many track rats.

It seems that this has degenerated into another Z vs ZR thread and the insults (some good natured and others not) are flying again.

Get notified of new replies

To How about a C6Z06 vs C6ZR1 supercar shoot out at MIR?

Old 06-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Congrats the ZR1 owners win!!!!!!!!! We have more interest from other models or enthusiasts in Hondas and spell checking Ferrari owners than ZR1's. Thanks for living up to the dream ladies. Tried to offer a fun day at the track and run against some fun cars and instead you're all crying you ax wound hurts and you're to good and spell check my bumper with my bolt on C6Z kicking ALL AND I REPEAT ALL OF YOU THAT POSTED best times you will ever get on your best day cause you're just sad Sorry you are scared of the other super cars and not even supercars cause you girls are to busy waxing and thinking about how to increase your MPG's. Good luck ladies and may a PRIUS be in your future! Man I hope I dont get old like you girls.

Toodles
Old 06-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

You know I am defenately in for this.....I have also put in a call to my contact at Ferrari and Lamborghini of Wash. to see If they could get an email out the their customers that do track days just to see if any would like to try out the 1/4 track.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:54 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,805 Likes on 1,145 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Man I hope I dont get old like you girls.
Sorry loser-boy, the only tracks I drive on have turns. My drag race is a half-mile long and requires very quick deceleration at the end of it.

You're here to stir up trouble, and this thread isn't going to end well at all. Enjoy your brief moment in the spotlight.

jas

Quick Reply: [ZR1] How about a C6Z06 vs C6ZR1 supercar shoot out at MIR?