Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] ZR1 Top Gear USA Lap time

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 07:37 PM
ivanjo11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZR1 Top Gear USA Lap time

What you guys think of this lap time can Jim Mero beat that?

I think the Stig was really pushing the ZR1 maybe too much there were a couple of corners were he was really fighting the oversteer and drifting so that has to cost it some time.

Their is a section were he had oversteer at 116 mph and recovers from not spinning unbeliavable...

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-11...A-Lap-Time.htm
Old 08-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by ivanjo11
What you guys think of this lap time can Jim Mero beat that?

I think the Stig was really pushing the ZR1 maybe too much there were a couple of corners were he was really fighting the oversteer and drifting so that has to cost it some time.

Their is a section were he had oversteer at 116 mph and recovers from not spinning unbeliavable...

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-11...A-Lap-Time.htm
Not a bad time for running on runcraps!
Old 08-06-2011, 08:02 PM
ivanjo11
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Racer
Not a bad time for running on runcraps!
The New Pilot Cups must be a dramatic improvement controlling the drifting and oversteer.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:35 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by ivanjo11
It didn't sound like he had the PTM enabled, based on the audio track from the show. I strongly suspect that like most "tough guys" who think they're actually better than the car's electronics, he probably disabled it entirely, and that cost him some smoothness.

jas
Old 08-06-2011, 10:17 PM
ivanjo11
Burning Brakes

But from watching this video up close i think the one area were the engineers can improve the C6 or the upcoming C7 is its body control.

Body roll in the ZR1 is pretty well control but it still has some but not much maybe the could have eliminated all body roll with larger sway bars but at a cost of ride.

But nose dive under heavy braking they need to work on that ZR1 still has too much.

I read that the upcoming 2012 911 the engineers change the suspension geometry to reduce both squat and dive.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:57 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

Looks like a commercial for drifting. Turn on the electronics and then check the lap times.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by jvp
It didn't sound like he had the PTM enabled, based on the audio track from the show. I strongly suspect that like most "tough guys" who think they're actually better than the car's electronics, he probably disabled it entirely, and that cost him some smoothness.

jas
Probably, but I wouldn't label him a "tough guy" and I would say he probably did better than 99% of us here who frequent the ZR1 section.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:21 PM
loudblazer
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was anybody else wondering why they had that 458 with 22's, then Foust used that as an excuse to why it lost to the ZR1, which is probably a valid excuse. They should have had Foust in the ZR1 and Ferrara in the Ferrari (not b/c names are similar, lol). 458 would be much easier to drive in a straight line, let the pro drive the ZR1!

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 Top Gear USA Lap time

Quick Reply: [ZR1] ZR1 Top Gear USA Lap time