Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] 18" wheels on a ZR1?

Old 11-29-2011, 03:09 PM
VasMan
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default 18" wheels on a ZR1?

Hey Guys,

I am tracking my zr1 and the cost of the tires is significant mainly due to the size. I am thinking is there any 18"rims that would fit our cars for track purposes? Preferably a wheel-tire combo that would be approx the same revs per mile with the stock tires. R compound is preferred. Has anyone tried this and any recommendations/advice? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:01 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,197 Posts

Talk to JVP. I'm running 19's (Hoosier R6's).
Old 11-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Fast & Lazy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VasMan
Hey Guys,

I am tracking my zr1 and the cost of the tires is significant mainly due to the size. I am thinking is there any 18"rims that would fit our cars for track purposes? Preferably a wheel-tire combo that would be approx the same revs per mile with the stock tires. R compound is preferred. Has anyone tried this and any recommendations/advice? Thanks in advance.
For the track I have 18" wheels from CCW on all four corners. They are their C10 wheels. They fit and work great. I am running Hoosier R6s.... 315s in the front and 345s in the rear. They are great. Cost is reasonable and the grip is awesome.

The tire wheel combos are almost identical in total diameter to the OEM tires and wheels so all the electronics are not affected. Also, since the wheels are smaller that means that the tire sidewalls are bigger and they have more flex than the OEM sizes. This means better grip (larger patch) in the corners.

Send me an email if you want more details...cost...etc....

Fast & Lazy
The following users liked this post:
Ausvetted (11-25-2016)
Old 11-29-2011, 05:21 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast & Lazy
For the track I have 18" wheels from CCW on all four corners. They are their C10 wheels. They fit and work great. I am running Hoosier R6s.... 315s in the front and 345s in the rear. They are great. Cost is reasonable and the grip is awesome.

The tire wheel combos are almost identical in total diameter to the OEM tires and wheels so all the electronics are not affected. Also, since the wheels are smaller that means that the tire sidewalls are bigger and they have more flex than the OEM sizes. This means better grip (larger patch) in the corners.

Fast & Lazy
The C10 wheels from CCW clear the front ZR1 carbon ceramic brake rotor/caliper without issue? That could be a pretty sweet track set-up from what you are saying.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:04 AM
winstonc
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

CCW, Forgeline and HRE Conical(?) have 18" wheels that fit the front of a ZR1.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Fast & Lazy
Instructor

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
The C10 wheels from CCW clear the front ZR1 carbon ceramic brake rotor/caliper without issue? ......

YES. Talk to John there and he will set you up. You will need a custom spacer for the front wheels that he will include.

I actually have two sets of these for the track. One is on the car and the other has a spare set of tires just waiting to hit the pavement.

Fast & Lazy.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:55 AM
0Bobby @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Forgeline has moved to the GA1R wheel, that wheel pictured is the Forgeline EV1R, which is no longer in production because the GA1R is lighter and stronger.

Give us a call if we can help, talk to Anthony. We might have the most experience with tracking ZR1s than anyone on the forum except JVP
Old 11-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Also, since the wheels are smaller that means that the tire sidewalls are bigger and they have more flex than the OEM sizes. This means better grip (larger patch) in the corners.

Fast & Lazy
In addition to the better grip, the bigger sidewalls look a little better in my opinion. It would be great, to get 18 inch stock looking zr1 style wheels with the factory offset all around (no spacer) and the 315, 345 tire combo.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:14 PM
VasMan
Racer

Fast & Lazy
Thanks very much. This is exactly what I am looking for. Please pm me with any additional details, incl cost and recommended retailer. Do they come with compatible tpms? Thanks again!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Fast & Lazy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
In addition to the better grip, the bigger sidewalls look a little better in my opinion. It would be great, to get 18 inch stock looking zr1 style wheels with the factory offset all around (no spacer) and the 315, 345 tire combo.
The offsets are the same, as far as I can tell. The spacer is due to the way the front rotor/hat is setup and the way the CCW wheel is made. The spacer just takes up the space in the hat so the wheel butts up flush with the rotor. Otherwise there is only maybe 1/16" of overlap. But I do believe the offsets are the same.

The OEM wheel has a larger surface where it meets the rotor so no spacer is needed.

Fast & Lazy
Old 11-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Fast & Lazy
Instructor

Originally Posted by VasMan
Thanks very much. This is exactly what I am looking for. Please pm me with any additional details, incl cost and recommended retailer. Do they come with compatible tpms? Thanks again!
Send me an email and I will email back to you with all the info. I don't like to use the pm feature on the forum. Thanks.

Fast & Lazy
Old 11-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Lasco001
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Forgeline EV1R

Forgeline EV1R

Old 11-30-2011, 03:32 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Is pricing between the C10 and the GA1R top secret or can someone post up what the mounted balanced cost is for either wheel and the Hoosier R6 in 315/345 sizes?

I think there are probably 5+ guys including myself, who would like to buy a set mounted and balanced with tire pressure sensors, etc. ready to rock.

I'm trying the new sport cups on my stock wheels this weekend, but if I could get some 315/345 Hoosier R rubber on the car, I'd probably like that even more.

Let's get some transparent pricing. The only variable should be shipping cost between what everyone should/would pay. How about a group purchase offer?
Old 11-30-2011, 04:52 PM
VasMan
Racer

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
Is pricing between the C10 and the GA1R top secret or can someone post up what the mounted balanced cost is for either wheel and the Hoosier R6 in 315/345 sizes?

I think there are probably 5+ guys including myself, who would like to buy a set mounted and balanced with tire pressure sensors, etc. ready to rock.

I'm trying the new sport cups on my stock wheels this weekend, but if I could get some 315/345 Hoosier R rubber on the car, I'd probably like that even more.

Let's get some transparent pricing. The only variable should be shipping cost between what everyone should/would pay. How about a group purchase offer?

I like that... Maybe a group buy.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:12 PM
0Bobby @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you guys opposed to a Forgeline group buy? We can arrange that, with your year model specific tire pressure sensors, especially with the 20% off sale currently going, we could do a package deal for everything.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:17 PM
VasMan
Racer

Originally Posted by bobby @ lg motorsports
are you guys opposed to a forgeline group buy? We can arrange that, with your year model specific tire pressure sensors, especially with the 20% off sale currently going, we could do a package deal for everything.
2011 zr1
Old 11-30-2011, 05:37 PM
winstonc
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby @ LG Motorsports
Are you guys opposed to a Forgeline group buy? We can arrange that, with your year model specific tire pressure sensors, especially with the 20% off sale currently going, we could do a package deal for everything.
Can I get GA1Rs with 18x11 front and 19x13 rear ? 2010 ZR1.

Last edited by winstonc; 12-01-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 18" wheels on a ZR1?

Old 12-01-2011, 10:12 AM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Bobby @ LG Motorsports
We are not opposed, we are OPEN to a group buy offer. I'd love an 18" set with 315/345 R6's mounted, balanced, with tire pressure sensors, ready to put on car and kick butt at track days.

Let's see it!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:23 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

You know there is a 20% off sale right now until Friday at 5pm right??

GA1R

MSRP on the GA1R wheel is going to be roughly $1175 ea front and $1250 each rear, then if you have your order in before Friday at 5, you get 20% off of that.

I have done CCW's before on a few cars prior to the EV1 and GA1 wheels were released. In every case I have seen the CCW's were a heavier wheel by over 2-3lbs each and in some cases more than that. The new GA1R is lighter still than the prior EV1's and is a much stronger wheel as well. So you get more for your money at the same time.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:20 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

From what I've been able to gather, even with the 20% discount, the Forgelines are about $600 total or so more expensive than CCW's. Now, they may be worth more based on your comments about weight and strength, but that is still a factor.

I guess I was just hoping for competing "ready to mount on a ZR1" group purchase offers for both the CCW and Forgeline.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] 18" wheels on a ZR1?