Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Why not to buy bassani products

Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Why not to buy bassani products

I've had the bassani system on my Z06 and then when I got rid of it for a ZR1 I pulled it off and transferred it over because I liked the sound so much. However a few months before I got rid of my Z06 I started to hear a rattle coming from the muffler. Apparently some of the baffling had come apart inside the muffler. I contacted bassani who gave me the run around for about a month when all off the sudden a box shows up at my door. Keep in mind this was back in September when I first contacted them and just the other day they started emailing me. There was no invoice that came with the new muffler and nothing stating that I needed to return the old muffler to them. Their excuse for why it took so long to get me a new muffler was first that they had to make one and then that since they discontinued my system that they had to have the R&D department find out if the new muffler would transfer over.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:58 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 256 Posts

Made me chuckle .........and sad thing is, they do not understand how powerful the internet can be........bad news spreads real fast. I love your replies.......honda muffler hahaha.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:18 AM
titletaker
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I think they are referring to the original shipping invoice when you first purchased the mufflers, not when they sent the replacement part.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:43 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by titletaker
I think they are referring to the original shipping invoice when you first purchased the mufflers, not when they sent the replacement part.
I bought the original muffler system from LM performance so I highly doubt that.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Zyrox
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I can always run down and yank something off a Honda for you."

Not very professional customer service, especially considering the fault was theirs.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:07 PM
az sheriff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an old cherry bomb you can send them. They probably wouldn't know the difference.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:08 AM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eh, probably your fault anyways. If you called them and were polite chances are it would have been cleared up. Sarcastic emails aren't the best way to get what you want.

Get notified of new replies

To Why not to buy bassani products

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] Why not to buy bassani products