Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Which Race Ramps to purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Minnesota Scott
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Which Race Ramps to purchase?

I have a 2011 Z07 which has the same basic ground clearance measurements as a ZR1.

I'm thinking that the RR XT 67 ramps will work, but would like to hear from anyone who uses them to see if there is enough clearance with those. Any ZR1 owners using these ramps? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the information

Regards,
Scott
Old 02-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Michael ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use them on my zr1 will get to shop latter and see which model I have
Old 02-18-2012, 04:40 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

You should consider the RLL-87-2 custom Race Ramps since they already have the XTender integrated into the design. I attached a photo comparing the RLL-72-2, RLL-87-2 and RR-XT-2. The 72" ramp is 8" high and the other two ramps are 10" high.

The two-stage incline 72" and 87" ramps have an initial incline of 6.8˚ compared to the 10.7˚ RR-XT-2 67" ramps.

Originally Posted by Minnesota Scott
I have a 2011 Z07 which has the same basic ground clearance measurements as a ZR1.

I'm thinking that the RR XT 67 ramps will work, but would like to hear from anyone who uses them to see if there is enough clearance with those. Any ZR1 owners using these ramps? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the information

Regards,
Scott
Attached Images  
Old 02-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Minnesota Scott
Racer

I like the one piece design and price point of the RR XT 67 ramps. If the carbon fiber front splitter of my car can clear the ramp on the initial drive up I'm good to go on purchasing those. From my measurements I have taken it is really...and I mean really close on clearance...could go either way.

Have you seen a ZR1 or a Z07 drive up on the RR XT 67 ramps?

Thanks
Scott
Old 02-18-2012, 06:32 PM
blaSSt
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

As I have measured, ground clearance is just above 5". Distance from wheel ground contact to front of air dam is 36". This generates an angle of 8 degrees. Therefore I will not be buying anything with an angle higher than 8 degrees.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:17 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Default Spreadsheet graphs

Send me an email at fred@reverselogic.us and I will send you a spreadsheet that will graph the path of your splitter or air dam against the shape of the ramps. The spreadsheet contains graphs for the RLL-89-2, RLL-87-2, RLL-72-2 and RR-XT-2 ramps. The three "RLL" models are not available in a one piece design.

Some people get the two piece design in order gain access from the side. Other people get the two-piece models just to be able to transport them in their car. One customer picked up a set of the 2-piece 87" ramps in a Honda Civic and had room to spare.

I like the one piece design and price point of the RR XT 67 ramps. If the carbon fiber front splitter of my car can clear the ramp on the initial drive up I'm good to go on purchasing those. From my measurements I have taken it is really...and I mean really close on clearance...could go either way.

Have you seen a ZR1 or a Z07 drive up on the RR XT 67 ramps?

Thanks
Scott
Old 02-18-2012, 08:07 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Default Ramp height at 36" mark

The RR-XT and RR-XT-2 ramps are 7.2" high at the 36" mark.
The RLL-72-2 and RLL-87-2 are 4.7" high at this same distance.
The RLL-89-2 Progressive Incline ramps are 3.4" high at the 36" mark.

Our RLL-99-2 ramp is just over 2.9" high at the 36" mark. We don't list this one on our website yet since we only sold a few of them and they are not kept in stock.

Originally Posted by blaSSt
As I have measured, ground clearance is just above 5". Distance from wheel ground contact to front of air dam is 36". This generates an angle of 8 degrees. Therefore I will not be buying anything with an angle higher than 8 degrees.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Minnesota Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by blaSSt
Thanks for posting. My car is up on Flat Stoppers right now so not able to measure til spring.

Scott
Old 02-19-2012, 01:01 PM
68ragtop69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
MD Events Coordinator
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
Cruise-In X Veteran
CI-X Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Fred@ReverseLogic
The RR-XT and RR-XT-2 ramps are 7.2" high at the 36" mark.
The RLL-72-2 and RLL-87-2 are 4.7" high at this same distance.
The RLL-89-2 Progressive Incline ramps are 3.4" high at the 36" mark.

Our RLL-99-2 ramp is just over 2.9" high at the 36" mark. We don't list this one on our website yet since we only sold a few of them and they are not kept in stock.
PM sent.....
Old 02-20-2012, 04:02 AM
Fizzex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered both the RLL-87-2 (2 piece front ramps) and RR-RU (rear) ramps from Fred at ReverseLogic last year and they work perfectly with the ZR1. There is no issue with the front splitter hitting or rubbing. And if the rubber air dam rubs it's not excessive and I never hear it when driving up the ramps.

They're quick and simple to use and much faster than a floor jack and pucks or even a hydraulic lift. You just drive up and you're done.

Highly recommended.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Trapper Sean
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2-piece 67" ramps with Xtenders, picked up slightly used on the CF. Approximately the equivalent of the 87" ramps mentioned above.

These work perfectly with stock ride height ZR1 -- they would not work without the Xtenders.

An important word of caution about Race Ramps that in all fairness does indeed appear on Fred's website: there is no lip behind the front tire as there is on popular Rhino Ramps. As such, the car can and will roll backward if you put a wheeled jack under the rear end, unless you use wheel chocks behind the front tires, on top of the the Race Ramps. I use four of them, two behind each front tire. Fred sells them. I picked mine up locally at a Harbor Freight.

Great product, highly recommended.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:42 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Default Race Ramps wheel chock rebate

Berto is absolutely correct. You should use wheel chocks with Race Ramps. As a minimum they should be placed behind the rear tires. But if you are raising the rear of the car, the wheel chocks should be placed behind the front tires on the ramp platform.

Through 31-Mar-2012 Race Ramps is offering a free pair of wheel chocks with the purchase of any of their standard service ramps. Reverse Logic is including a set of Race Ramps wheel chocks with the purchase of our custom Race Ramps service ramps ("RLL" prefix in part number) during this same promotion period since our ramps are not part of the rebate offer.

Once our supply of Buyers Products wheel chocks is exhausted we will be switching to the Race Ramps wheel chocks. The RR labeled wheel chocks have a slight technical advantage since they have sipes cut into them. We do have an inventory of the Race Ramps wheel chocks in stock and these are the chocks that we are including with the custom ramps.

Originally Posted by Berto
I have 2-piece 67" ramps with Xtenders, picked up slightly used on the CF. Approximately the equivalent of the 87" ramps mentioned above.

These work perfectly with stock ride height ZR1 -- they would not work without the Xtenders.

An important word of caution about Race Ramps that in all fairness does indeed appear on Fred's website: there is no lip behind the front tire as there is on popular Rhino Ramps. As such, the car can and will roll backward if you put a wheeled jack under the rear end, unless you use wheel chocks behind the front tires, on top of the the Race Ramps. I use four of them, two behind each front tire. Fred sells them. I picked mine up locally at a Harbor Freight.

Great product, highly recommended.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Minnesota Scott
Racer

Order placed today for the RLL-87's

Thanks for the help!

Scott
Old 02-20-2012, 10:16 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

I will ship the ramps tomorrow. They are packaged in two cartons. There is room in the platform carton to include the RR Wheel chocks.

Thanks for your order, you won't be disappointed in the RLL-87-2 ramps.

Order placed today for the RLL-87's

Thanks for the help!

Scott

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 02-20-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Which Race Ramps to purchase?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Which Race Ramps to purchase?