Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Had a Great Time at Spring Mountain!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:31 AM
rekvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Had a Great Time at Spring Mountain!

I was at Spring Mountain last week for the 3 day ZR1 school and had a BLAST! This was my second ZR1 school at Spring Mountain, I did a 2 day ZR1 school there 3 years ago. Rick and his staff of instructors are professional, courteous, patient, friendly, organized, and make it their priority for EVERYONE to have a great time and improve their driving skills! They are an awesome and extremely talented bunch of guys! I highly recommend doing the third day, this is when it all comes together and you can't beat the open lapping! We stayed in one of their condos at the track, which are very nice accommodations, and I highly recommend this. My girlfriend went with me, and she had a great time! She was glad that she went even though she wasn't doing the driving school! Everyone there made her and the other ladies feel as they were part of the program. They got to ride with the instructors during shadow lapping, and Rick gave her a few demo. laps in the ZR1, which is something that everyone should EXPERIENCE! She and the other ladies also ate breakfast and lunch with us each day, and were able to sit in on any of the classroom sessions they wanted. Both she and I met a lot of new and cool friends, and we really enjoyed the amenities and hospitality that this wonderful Motorsport's park and resort have to offer! All of the attendees and their sig. others had an awesome time, and also echo'ed many of my comments about Spring Mountain, the instructors, and the staff.

It's true the second time around is much easier, and I learned quite a bit more to go even faster! Now I can't wait to do level 2! I highly recommend SPRING MOUNTAIN!

RK
Old 03-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could not agree more,SM is the best
Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Old 03-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Corvette Matt
1st Gear

I was also out at Spring Mountain with my Dad on March 19th and 20th and had an absolute blast and learned a lot. I wish I would have done the third day and will be returning to finish level 1 and to do Level 2. The program is well worth the money and Rick and crew were just awesome!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:49 AM
peterpiper
Pro

Can't agree more... Not only are the instructors awesome, the people running things behind the scene are top notch, too. -pp
Old 03-28-2012, 06:36 AM
2vetteEd
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I did a three day course in October, and it certainly was the best time I've had in years. As much fun and learning as I had with two BMW driving schools in th late 80's, Spring Mtn. was miles ahead.

The staff, the track, the food, the condo, and my fellow classmates were the best.

Spring Mtn. called last week to see if I'd like to return for another session. Unfortunetly, our President needs more of my Benjamins to keep his crummy government running, and I can't afford to go.

Such is life!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:39 PM
UltimateVette
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I just came back from a two day class and agree that you learn alot about your ZR1 and how it handles. They taught me about using launch control when I asked them. I don't plan on using that feature often but it's a blast when you do.

Last edited by UltimateVette; 04-05-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: error
Old 04-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Jman34
Instructor

Great write up... thank you! I going to be there for the 3 day class on 5/7-5/9 and am really looking forward to it.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:38 PM
dun4791
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Considering the the three day special running right now, is there a shuttle from the airport or is a rental car necessary?
Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dun4791
Considering the the three day special running right now, is there a shuttle from the airport or is a rental car necessary?
You want to get a car. It's about a 45 minute drive from the airport (so no shuttle) and it's also nice to be able to leave at night for dinner etc. They give your their corporate discount number for Enterprise when you book but I found EZ-Rental Car at the airport is cheaper at roughly $16.99 a day lol! Flying back there tomorrow for level 2 and can't wait!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:13 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,432 Likes on 2,268 Posts

It is a good time, indeed.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:03 PM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by rekvette
I was at Spring Mountain last week for the 3 day ZR1 school and had a BLAST! This was my second ZR1 school at Spring Mountain, I did a 2 day ZR1 school there 3 years ago. Rick and his staff of instructors are professional, courteous, patient, friendly, organized, and make it their priority for EVERYONE to have a great time and improve their driving skills! They are an awesome and extremely talented bunch of guys! I highly recommend doing the third day, this is when it all comes together and you can't beat the open lapping! We stayed in one of their condos at the track, which are very nice accommodations, and I highly recommend this. My girlfriend went with me, and she had a great time! She was glad that she went even though she wasn't doing the driving school! Everyone there made her and the other ladies feel as they were part of the program. They got to ride with the instructors during shadow lapping, and Rick gave her a few demo. laps in the ZR1, which is something that everyone should EXPERIENCE! She and the other ladies also ate breakfast and lunch with us each day, and were able to sit in on any of the classroom sessions they wanted. Both she and I met a lot of new and cool friends, and we really enjoyed the amenities and hospitality that this wonderful Motorsport's park and resort have to offer! All of the attendees and their sig. others had an awesome time, and also echo'ed many of my comments about Spring Mountain, the instructors, and the staff.

It's true the second time around is much easier, and I learned quite a bit more to go even faster! Now I can't wait to do level 2! I highly recommend SPRING MOUNTAIN!

RK
As always, thanks for coming to visit us again! and yes, it gets easier the second time for sure
looking forward to your third visit and level 2!
thanks to all who attended on this thread, and hope for a return visit from all of you soon!

cheers,

The Official Performance Driving School Of Corvette
www.racespringmountain.com
victor@racespringmountain.com
800-391-6891

Last edited by socalspringmountain; 04-16-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:13 AM
ostbloom
Advanced

I can't wait! I am signed up for the August 13-15 ZR1 course. Do you recommend I prep in any way before I go?

Mark
Old 04-20-2012, 09:53 AM
mjcourt
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ostbloom
I can't wait! I am signed up for the August 13-15 ZR1 course. Do you recommend I prep in any way before I go?
Mark

If you are not very proficient at heel/toe down shifting, try to practice a little before going. They teach it in the course, but it helps to already have some feel for it before going.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:48 PM
ostbloom
Advanced

mjcourt,

Thanks for the advice. I plan on getting some practice in doing that! I appreciate it. Mark
Old 04-21-2012, 07:46 AM
2vetteEd
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ostbloom

Mark
Don't worry about heel toe driving. I couldn't get it to work for me no matter how hard I tried. I found that I could stay in 4th gear on every part of the course except for the back & front straights where I shifted up to 5th.

The only thing you may want to take besides plenty of smiles, is extra underware.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by etmaguire
Don't worry about heel toe driving. I couldn't get it to work for me no matter how hard I tried. I found that I could stay in 4th gear on every part of the course except for the back & front straights where I shifted up to 5th.

The only thing you may want to take besides plenty of smiles, is extra underware.

I couldn't do the heel/toe thing either...

still had a blast at SM; the place totally

Get notified of new replies

To Had a Great Time at Spring Mountain!

Old 04-22-2012, 03:58 PM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
I couldn't do the heel/toe thing either...
I just got back from there the other day. It seems the more you concentrate on doing it, the harder it is. When I just drove the track & did it, the results were pretty fair.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:06 AM
ZR10054
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took the class in 2011 and thinking about doing it again this year. Of course the first time was on GM Nickel, this time will be on mine.
BTW. my vin# ends in 0054,,,54th one built.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:31 PM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR10054
I took the class in 2011 and thinking about doing it again this year. Of course the first time was on GM Nickel, this time will be on mine.
BTW. my vin# ends in 0054,,,54th one built.
just a reminder that we are currently running the summer special right now...200 off the price and 3 free nights in the condos! if you decide to stay elsewhere then we give a 300 discount along with the 200.00
hope you come out soon!

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Had a Great Time at Spring Mountain!