Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Dave is Chilling my ZR1 in Florida

Old 12-09-2012, 08:13 PM
narush
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Dave is Chilling my ZR1 in Florida

Made a trip to Florida, took the auto train down loaded up ZR1 and rolled into FL 14 hours later. Dave is installing the innerchiller on my car as we speak. I am heading back next weekend to pick it up and meet up with GIO again. Dave has kit installed and is working on the second tank now. It will be the first ZR1 he has done with dual tank setup. I am excited to see the end results and hope others will purchase this kit once I post up IAT temp results. Here are some PICS of the journey. Oh round trip ticket on train $605.

Auto Train was AWESOME

Car being loaded in train car:

Dave Happy to see us:

Met GIO in Miami we had a good time:

FLO RID A in Miami chillin:

GIO Chillin:
Old 12-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Incon306
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome! I can't wait to see the results. Do you mind sharing your complete list of mods?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:34 PM
narush
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Incon306
Awesome! I can't wait to see the results. Do you mind sharing your complete list of mods?
Not at all.

LPE Snout 2.3 upper pulley, kooks headers, CAI, 80lb injectors, Corsa extreme exhaust, 165 stat.

Next on list is heads, cam and overdrive pulley

Car makes 665HP and 695TQ to the wheels currently. It was tuned by Mike at County Corvette he is an awesome tuner indeed.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by narush
Not at all.

LPE Snout 2.3 upper pulley, kooks headers, CAI, 80lb injectors, Corsa extreme exhaust, 165 stat.

Next on list is heads, cam and overdrive pulley

Car makes 665HP and 695TQ to the wheels currently. It was tuned by Mike at County Corvette he is an awesome tuner indeed.
nice...
Old 12-10-2012, 12:06 AM
K B Vettin
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

good stuff. i really can't wait for the sound clip of your ride with your heads & cam!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:54 AM
ss2z06
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 330 Posts

Good call on the train! I'm glad to hear you got your ride down there. I thought you were going to get the pulley on before. Are you going to put it on before you re-tune? Keep me updated
Old 12-10-2012, 06:37 AM
4evervette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good stuff ... Am also can't wait for ur results of the dual set up...
plz send my regards to Dave ...
Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Wow did you and GIO plan on wearing the red shirts together? Thats cute!!!!! GIO doesnt look any where near as furry as I thought he would.

Did you remove your front splitter before putting the car on the autotrain? What did you do to disarm the alarm system on the car so it wouldnt go off? I know they request that so your car isnt dead when you get there. $604 bucks round trip each time? So a total of $1208 bucks to get you and the car down, then you and the car back?

Plus I'm not familiar with Dave and the "inner chiller" option? Is this a new one? Whats the name of Daves shop? Did GIO try to touch you?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:02 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

Kris - I can't wait to hear it either

SS2z06 - Thanks i could not beat the train deal at all, I am waiting to get heads back and my friend wants to install everything at the same time. So I am being patient rght now.

4evervette - Much appreciated, he jsut finished up installing the larger pump and is now working on the second tank he is rolling along quite well.

I will be posting more pics later on this evening of his progress
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Fartpipe
Wow did you and GIO plan on wearing the red shirts together? Thats cute!!!!! GIO doesnt look any where near as furry as I thought he would.

Did you remove your front splitter before putting the car on the autotrain? What did you do to disarm the alarm system on the car so it wouldnt go off? I know they request that so your car isnt dead when you get there. $604 bucks round trip each time? So a total of $1208 bucks to get you and the car down, then you and the car back?

Plus I'm not familiar with Dave and the "inner chiller" option? Is this a new one? Whats the name of Daves shop? Did GIO try to touch you?

I knew you would like that - GIO is pretty buff I would not want to **** him off

Round trip meaning $307.50 each way for a total of $605.00. It is a bargain and if I would have booked it a wekk earlier it would have been almost $100 cheaper.

I did not do anything like that with the car I asked JOSE who loaded my car to keep windows up and it worked out well. I kept the front splitter attached and had no problems.

Hmm i have to let you know the name of his shop, I will post pics and hopefully Dave will chime in about his kit.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 AM
gonabite
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I work for Amtrak thanks for keeping my job secure!!! LOL

Cant wait to see what results you get with the new upgrades, im sending my car back down to Florida this week so I can come down and play with GIO over the winter.

Hey GIO you never invited me down to south beach!! What gives?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gonabite
I work for Amtrak thanks for keeping my job secure!!! LOL

Cant wait to see what results you get with the new upgrades, im sending my car back down to Florida this week so I can come down and play with GIO over the winter.

Hey GIO you never invited me down to south beach!! What gives?
Your welcome, the gentleman in the pic has worked for Amtrak for 26 years as well

Ahh you will have a great time, South beach is awesome.

Where are you sending your car? Are you transporting it? Or driving it?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:13 AM
gonabite
Pro

Originally Posted by narush
Your welcome, the gentleman in the pic has worked for Amtrak for 26 years as well

Ahh you will have a great time, South beach is awesome.

Where are you sending your car? Are you transporting it? Or driving it?
I dont recognize him where does he work? I used to live and work out of Miami as well.

Im storing it a Redline Motorsports right there in Pompano Beach, so I have something to drive when I come down for long weekends to get away from the NY winter. Im having a transporter pick it up this week.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:21 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

I dont recognize him where does he work? I used to live and work out of Miami as well.

Im storing it a Redline Motorsports right there in Pompano Beach, so I have something to drive when I come down for long weekends to get away from the NY winter. Im having a transporter pick it up this week.
Sett works in Florida and he is a certifier/trainer. He has been in Florida in 9 months.

Ahh it is so much nicer taking the train if you had the time. But I am suer you already know that.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:28 AM
gonabite
Pro

If I lived closer to Lorton I would entertain the idea. However its a 5-6 hour drive for me form NY. Plus the 3 hour drive from Sanford. Id rather just take a 3 hour plane trip and have the car waiting for me.

Back to the subject. How much time are you going to have to drive and data log down there under different conditions? Are you going to have time to get to the drag strip? Or have GIO to bring you out to Krome Ave? GIO knows what Im talking about.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

If I lived closer to Lorton I would entertain the idea. However its a 5-6 hour drive for me form NY. Plus the 3 hour drive from Sanford. Id rather just take a 3 hour plane trip and have the car waiting for me.

Back to the subject. How much time are you going to have to drive and data log down there under different conditions? Are you going to have time to get to the drag strip? Or have GIO to bring you out to Krome Ave? GIO knows what Im talking about.
I hear ya and completely understand.

No drag strip time, my logging will be mostly from the drive from Dave's shop to the train. Which is about 2.5 hours drive time. We talked about that I will see how his schedule is this weekend.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Narush... at what point are "WE" taking your car to the track? I'm giving Kyles wheels that were then my wheels that are now kyles wheels again soon. We can stick them on the car if need be. Sooo????

Get notified of new replies

To Dave is Chilling my ZR1 in Florida

Old 12-10-2012, 10:33 AM
C5kid
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Narush... at what point are "WE" taking your car to the track?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:47 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

Narush... at what point are "WE" taking your car to the track? I'm giving Kyles wheels that were then my wheels that are now kyles wheels again soon. We can stick them on the car if need be. Sooo????
Hmm maybe once all parts are on and car is retuned we can give it a shot. BUT I hate that damn wall
Old 12-10-2012, 10:48 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C5kid

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] Dave is Chilling my ZR1 in Florida