Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Rocks in between rocker panel

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 09:46 PM
radchad3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Rocks in between rocker panel

Hello all! I know of the common problem with rocks in between the body panels just below the rear break duct. I know how to do the fix on the regular z06. How do you get the rocks out on a car with the side skirts. The appears to be one bolt but then the rest seem to have a proprietary head/rivot. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:46 PM
larsofvt
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about rocks between the carbon fiber skirts and the body? There is a foam strip between the body and the skirts that is supposed to minimize this. If you need to remove the carbon fiber skirt you will have to drill out the rivets. There are also a few screws. The rivets are ordinary break stem rivets. The dealer should be able to get them. They come in the kit with the rocker for the dealer to install. Bowling Green never installed the rocker skirts. They put them inside the car for delivery and the dealers drilled the rivet holes.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:14 PM
valet_devil
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by radchad3
Hello all! I know of the common problem with rocks in between the body panels just below the rear break duct. I know how to do the fix on the regular z06. How do you get the rocks out on a car with the side skirts. The appears to be one bolt but then the rest seem to have a proprietary head/rivot. Any thoughts? Thanks!
I'm about to do this. As mentioned, plenty of info for Z06. What do we do with sideskirts?

Get notified of new replies

To Rocks in between rocker panel

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Rocks in between rocker panel