Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] C6 ZR1 Window Washing Trick....

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 04:35 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default C6 ZR1 Window Washing Trick....

If you are like me, washing the windows inside your Vette (or any other car for that matter) is the biggest pain in the butt of the whole cleaning process. There is always that damn film that builds up on the inside of the windows that you do not notice until 12am at night when you are driving home from a party and the oncoming car headlight about blind you because of the film build up on the windows. You tell yourself at that late hour, "damn, I really need to clean the windows". You go home go to bed, wake up the next morning and forget all about the promise you made to yourself about the window cleaning (until the next night drive).

Anyway, I had a customer of mine purchase an exhaust system and he told me about this new Myra Fiber cloth that makes cleaning windows a breeze. Simply slightly dampen it, and wipe....streak free, crystal clear window with no sprays or streaks. Oh, and it lasts forever and is washable. Assuming it was probably a gimmick, I figured I would give it a try....

All I can say is WOW...this thing REALLY does works!!! It wipes your windows perfectly clean. Heck it even wiped off the window sticker glue (my new 09 Z06 that I am so proud of )without any effort.

Guy's, this is not a Gimmick...You are missing the boat if you do not use this handy little towel to clean your windows. It works as advertised, if not better. No more glass cleaner over spray on my dash, ever!!!

I promise you, this will be the best $6 bucks you EVER spent.

They are so good, I immediately purchased a 100 of them, and have then ready to ship out. Order below

The Ultimate Cloth

Order above

Trust me on this one........Just order the darn thing !!!! you will want to personally call and thank me after using it!

David
The following 2 users liked this post by southerncarparts:
ADawg (05-06-2018), Admiral94 (03-24-2019)
Old 01-08-2014, 01:08 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a great product! I bought 2 a few years ago and works great.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:37 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by GIO-305
This is a great product! I bought 2 a few years ago and works great.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:05 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts

Just ordered one, and nice to see there isn't a $6 shipping fee on a cloth
Old 01-20-2014, 06:28 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by nullpointer
Just ordered one, and nice to see there isn't a $6 shipping fee on a cloth
Old 01-27-2014, 09:42 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Thank you for the orders...
Old 01-30-2014, 08:07 PM
rick7913
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do these really work as advertised?
Old 01-30-2014, 09:41 PM
kozmic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 609 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by rick7913
Do these really work as advertised?
I ordered a 5-pack and just received and tried them today... after my first use on my very dirty DD, I was not initially as impressed as the videos and this thread might have you believe you will be, seemed to just move the dirt around and not actually remove it; however, with that said...

I spent a bit more time playing with the cloth and will say that on windows and surfaces that are pretty clean but show water spots or light dusting, these work pretty good to remove them without leaving new streaks.

They are very much like a very thin synthetic chamois, and my use of them will probably be mostly for final wipe down after traditional wash to remove any remaining water spots, etc. and for in-between washes for the windows.

Last edited by kozmic; 01-31-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:21 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by kozmic
I ordered a 5-pack and just received and tried them today... after my first use on my very dirty DD, I was not initially as impressed as the videos and this thread might have you believe you will be, seemed to just move the dirt around and not actually remove it; however, with that said...

I spent a bit more time playing with the cloth and will say that on windows and surfaces that are pretty clean but show water spots or light dusting, these work pretty good to remove them without leaving new streaks.

They are very much like a very thin synthetic chamois, and my use of them will probably be mostly for final wipe down after traditional wash to remove any remaining water spots, etc. and for in-between washes for the windows.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:18 PM
drksyde
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Just ordered a 5 pk, Can't wait to try them , Thanks
Old 03-26-2014, 10:29 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by drksyde
Just ordered a 5 pk, Can't wait to try them , Thanks
Thank you
Old 05-07-2014, 03:10 PM
PHPD7102
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

Ok I have used mine 3 times now, it seems to do a very good job but it will occasionally leave the streaks you normally see on the windshield in bright sunlight. That said it does work pretty darn well.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:33 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by PHPD7102
Ok I have used mine 3 times now, it seems to do a very good job but it will occasionally leave the streaks you normally see on the windshield in bright sunlight. That said it does work pretty darn well.
Glad you like them
Old 04-07-2015, 10:41 AM
barduch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered a 5 pack a few months ago. When I first opened the package I thought that I had been duped into buying some very expensive paper towels. Not so, as I have washed them time and again and they continue to come out of the wash like new. Like every cleaning/polishing product that I have ever purchased, they still require human effort to get a great result. Bummer! That said, they are the best product that I have used for cleaning any glass surface. I use them on the CF roof panel, all of my TVs, computer/iPad/iPhone screens, and even on the LCD displays in some airplanes that I fly. A nice addition to the cleaning cabinet.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:36 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by barduch
I ordered a 5 pack a few months ago. When I first opened the package I thought that I had been duped into buying some very expensive paper towels. Not so, as I have washed them time and again and they continue to come out of the wash like new. Like every cleaning/polishing product that I have ever purchased, they still require human effort to get a great result. Bummer! That said, they are the best product that I have used for cleaning any glass surface. I use them on the CF roof panel, all of my TVs, computer/iPad/iPhone screens, and even on the LCD displays in some airplanes that I fly. A nice addition to the cleaning cabinet.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:40 PM
Vegas Vette
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 137 Likes on 91 Posts

If you are like me, washing the windows inside your Vette (or any other car for that matter) is the biggest pain in the butt of the whole cleaning process. There is always that damn film that builds up on the inside of the windows that you do not notice until 12am at night when you are driving home from a party and the oncoming car headlight about blind you because of the film build up on the windows. You tell yourself at that late hour, "damn, I really need to clean the windows". You go home go to bed, wake up the next morning and forget all about the promise you made to yourself about the window cleaning (until the next night drive).

Anyway, I had a customer of mine purchase an exhaust system and he told me about this new Myra Fiber cloth that makes cleaning windows a breeze. Simply slightly dampen it, and wipe....streak free, crystal clear window with no sprays or streaks. Oh, and it lasts forever and is washable. Assuming it was probably a gimmick, I figured I would give it a try....

All I can say is WOW...this thing REALLY does works!!! It wipes your windows perfectly clean. Heck it even wiped off the window sticker glue (my new 09 Z06 that I am so proud of )without any effort.

Guy's, this is not a Gimmick...You are missing the boat if you do not use this handy little towel to clean your windows. It works as advertised, if not better. No more glass cleaner over spray on my dash, ever!!!

They are so good, I immediately purchased a 100 of them, and have then ready to ship out. Order below

The Ultimate Cloth

Order above

Trust me on this one........Just order the darn thing !!!! you will want to personally call and thank me after using it!

David

Just ordered two of them.

Last edited by Vegas Vette; 05-11-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:38 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by razor2430
Just ordered two of them.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 ZR1 Window Washing Trick....

Old 09-14-2016, 10:05 PM
Crabapple
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Order placed!!!
Old 03-23-2019, 09:31 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

The Ultimate Cloth

Order above

David
Old 03-23-2019, 12:09 PM
KurtsZ06
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

If there are any pilot/ aircraft owners in here .. these work exceptionally well on plexiglass aircraft windows without scratching or leaving streaks. Work very nicely on my cars as well.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] C6 ZR1 Window Washing Trick....