Kyle Lemish doing work at MIR DOR2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back   >
Log In 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor Directory

C6 Corvette ZR1
General info about GMs Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
Bill Stasek

Kyle Lemish doing work at MIR DOR2

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2013, 04:56 AM   #1
gkzr1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gkzr1's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2010
Posts: 1,208
Thanked 47 Times in 36 Posts
Default Kyle Lemish doing work at MIR DOR2

Kyle beating up on a poor gtr. There were more runs than this but this is all I got on video. Good to meet you Kyle


Last edited by gkzr1; 11-10-2013 at 04:59 AM.
gkzr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
timmyZ06
CF Senior Member
 
timmyZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Location: montreal quebec
Posts: 4,322
Thanked 41 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Always nice to see a GT-R *** whipped!!!
timmyZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
DebRedZR1
TDD Moderator
Support Corvetteforum!
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15
 
DebRedZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: West Michigan 2016 Z06 & 2010 ZR1
Posts: 14,484
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

WTG Kyle
DebRedZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
3 Z06ZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 13,713
Thanked 230 Times in 166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkzr1 View Post
Kyle beating up on a poor gtr. There were more runs than this but this is all I got on video. Good to meet you Kyle

Zr1 vs GTR roll race @ MIR - YouTube
Roll racing is power to weight! GTR is not winning that with a ZR1!
They need that 60ft! Plus Kyle is as it gets on the stick too!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 11-10-2013 at 03:43 PM.
3 Z06ZR1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #5
LEAVINU
CF Senior Member
 
LEAVINU's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle/Atlanta
Posts: 5,017
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Nice! From the green cones to the traps about an 1/8th? Other drag strip roll runs I have seen take off at start line to roll the full 1/4, this looks a bit shorter.

I bet Kyle could walk most BPU GTR's even from the dig; doesn't he have on of the fastest DR times?
LEAVINU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:06 AM   #6
gkzr1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gkzr1's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2010
Posts: 1,208
Thanked 47 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAVINU View Post
Nice! From the green cones to the traps about an 1/8th? Other drag strip roll runs I have seen take off at start line to roll the full 1/4, this looks a bit shorter.

I bet Kyle could walk most BPU GTR's even from the dig; doesn't he have on of the fastest DR times?
No it was actually farther than that. There was a set of cones a couple hundred feet past the trap.
gkzr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
Kyle Lemish
CF Senior Member
 
Kyle Lemish's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2006
Location: Harrisonburg VA
Posts: 1,412
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Great to meet you too! Sucks that the track was so slick and my dig passes were terrible, I can normally hook at 5500 RPM launches at MIR, however I was spinning bad at 3000. If I go any lower the car will just bog, still had a fun day. I was even spinning pretty bad on the DR's at a 50 roll in second gear. Never seen MIR that bad.

That GTR was a full bolt on E85 car, but his tune was off I was told. I did get a couple other great Roll races in too that just show how powerfull the ZR1 is in stock form. I pulled pretty good on a couple H/C Z06's and I stayed right on the bumper of one of the fastest stock turbo GTR's in the country. He was full bolt ons and E85 too and his tune is perfect! we have raced alot and when we roll on with him on pump gas i can just start to pull on him at above 100.

My best guess is we were running about 1350' from cone to cone in the roll races.
Kyle Lemish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
427500
CF Senior Member
 
427500's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 380
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Lemish View Post
Great to meet you too! Sucks that the track was so slick and my dig passes were terrible, I can normally hook at 5500 RPM launches at MIR, however I was spinning bad at 3000. If I go any lower the car will just bog, still had a fun day. I was even spinning pretty bad on the DR's at a 50 roll in second gear. Never seen MIR that bad.

That GTR was a full bolt on E85 car, but his tune was off I was told. I did get a couple other great Roll races in too that just show how powerfull the ZR1 is in stock form. I pulled pretty good on a couple H/C Z06's and I stayed right on the bumper of one of the fastest stock turbo GTR's in the country. He was full bolt ons and E85 too and his tune is perfect! we have raced alot and when we roll on with him on pump gas i can just start to pull on him at above 100.

My best guess is we were running about 1350' from cone to cone in the roll races.
Great job Kyle
427500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #10
narush
CF Senior Member
 
narush's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Location: Glen Burnie Maryland
Posts: 3,140
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Nice runs thanks for sharing
narush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #11
Kyle Lemish
CF Senior Member
 
Kyle Lemish's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2006
Location: Harrisonburg VA
Posts: 1,412
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

It was a fun event and I think there is a cool future to this type of racing, But if its going to become competitve in any way there has to be much more orginization and ways to make it fair.

1500' .......It was said to be 1500' but it was not a full 1500', it was just over 1500' feet if you measure from the real MIR starting line to the final green cones, and the starting green cones where well out past the 60' mark at the track. There were alot of things about this event that werent as they were advertised.

Last edited by Kyle Lemish; 11-12-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Kyle Lemish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #12
Mr.Chevy
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2009
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Lemish View Post
Great to meet you too! Sucks that the track was so slick and my dig passes were terrible, I can normally hook at 5500 RPM launches at MIR, however I was spinning bad at 3000. If I go any lower the car will just bog, still had a fun day. I was even spinning pretty bad on the DR's at a 50 roll in second gear. Never seen MIR that bad.

That GTR was a full bolt on E85 car, but his tune was off I was told. I did get a couple other great Roll races in too that just show how powerfull the ZR1 is in stock form. I pulled pretty good on a couple H/C Z06's and I stayed right on the bumper of one of the fastest stock turbo GTR's in the country. He was full bolt ons and E85 too and his tune is perfect! we have raced alot and when we roll on with him on pump gas i can just start to pull on him at above 100.

My best guess is we were running about 1350' from cone to cone in the roll races.


Time to get one of those go pro cams
Mr.Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Kyle Lemish doing work at MIR DOR2
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Let's settle this...who will loan Kyle or Fartpipe a ZR1 to race NastyZ07 at ATCO? JMB C7 Z06 Discussion 176 04-12-2015 06:56 PM
    Cpl Kyle Carpenter To Receive Medal of Honor Today Force-1 Off Topic 22 06-20-2014 04:14 PM
    New PB 10.31 @136mph 1/4 mile!!! ioutrun C6 Z06 Discussion 102 05-15-2014 12:20 AM
    stonabones aka; Kyle Ox Cart Drag Racing 4 04-28-2014 08:22 PM
    MIR april 21 Kyle Lemish Performance Results 0 04-14-2014 09:26 AM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 PM.