Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Don't be mad at me guys.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 12:57 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I did a comparison review and much hasn't changed from that but always love car talk.

First off, the ZR and TA are simply remarkable cars and both are a huge bang for the buck especially for those lucky enough to get them for lower than the MSRP.

The ZR is def the low end hit winner where the Viper delivers high in the R's. The Viper is still much more the drivers car even with the aids. Ive tracked the Viper once (lightly) so far, compared to having tracked the ZR twice and not to include the ZR1 School.

Because of the low end acceleration I feel the ZR is the better street weapon but prefer the Viper on the track. And by no means am I a hardcore tracker.

The Vette will always have a larger following due to its friendlier nature compared to the Viper. I don't think this was a surprise as the Viper was never a heavy produced car. This is probably what I like most about the Viper when compared to the ZR. I don't dd my toy cars and so when I go for a spirited run or even just a quick ride, I love the aggression and unwilling to compromise the Viper gives. This is embraced by many Viper enthusiasts.

Vettes are much easier to mod and the aftermarket isn't even comparable. A lose to the Viper. Im a modder-although I did not mod the ZR (Akropovic exhaust exception) and probably will never mod the Viper.

As most know, the Vipers Int is far superior to the ZR's as well as the shifting.

On the whole they both achieve the same results very similarly, but different enough to want to own both (see Captn Van). As I said, both remarkable cars!!

Great honest review my friend! If I know you, you are enjoying that sweet new Viper with a big smile on your face every time your
driving her.

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 10-28-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:13 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Great. 1 of 93.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:04 AM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
Great honest review my friend! If I know you are enjoy that sweet new Viper with a big smile on your face every time your
driving her.
each and every time Jimmy
Originally Posted by JackTripper
Great. 1 of 93.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:08 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Do you have any pic of your interior?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Don't be mad at me guys.....