Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Installing after market side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 12:36 PM
z76232
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Installing after market side skirts

Hi guys, I have a Z06 I'm installing the ZR1 side skirts on and stopped because of the way they install. The instructions say to hold them up to the rocker molding and drill holes through the skirt and rocker panel and pop rivet in place. Is this how a regular ZR1 side skirt is installed. If I removed the skirt or in was broken, all the holes would show. Just having a hard time pulling the trigger on this operation. Seems like they should bolt on under the car.
Thanks
Dave
Old 08-29-2014, 02:21 PM
K B Vettin
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

they are installed using pop rivets, i've installed new side skirts after breaking the stock ones. you can't see the wholes when the side skirts are not on the car.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:55 PM
z76232
Drifting

Originally Posted by K B Vettin
they are installed using pop rivets, i've installed new side skirts after breaking the stock ones. you can't see the wholes when the side skirts are not on the car.
So the original ones pop rivet under the car? The ones I got from CF pop rivet right on the bottom edge of the rocker panel and if you took them off and stood back a few feet from the car you would see holes all along the bottom of the panel if it came or broke off.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:14 PM
K B Vettin
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by z76232
So the original ones pop rivet under the car? The ones I got from CF pop rivet right on the bottom edge of the rocker panel and if you took them off and stood back a few feet from the car you would see holes all along the bottom of the panel if it came or broke off.
If you are able to receive picture texts pm me your cell and I will take pics of where the rivets go on a zr1 using stock GM side skirts tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:19 PM
z76232
Drifting

Originally Posted by K B Vettin
If you are able to receive picture texts pm me your cell and I will take pics of where the rivets go on a zr1 using stock GM side skirts tomorrow.
Thanks, PM sent.

Get notified of new replies

To Installing after market side skirts

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Installing after market side skirts