Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Tracking the ZR things to do

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 08:48 PM
vette ruminator
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1
Pilot induced Thanks for the alignment info. Tires will need replacing in Spring. Hoping the Super Sports will be out in ZR sizes......
Def want to spend more time at the track
I started chewing up the outer edges of my track tires (PS2s when the weather is less than ideal, Pilot Sport Cup ZPs when the weather is good), so I went with a more aggressive alignment. Since going to -2 in the front, -1.5 rear and stilll using the car on the street I get better wear from my track cup tires but I admit the inner part of the street tires does wear more rapidly. Monitor your own tire wear and see what works...

I am among the many who can't wait for the Super Sport ZPs and Pilot Sport Cup 2 ZPs in the Z06 sizes because those are the identical sizes for the ZR1.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:24 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by vette ruminator
I started chewing up the outer edges of my track tires (PS2s when the weather is less than ideal, Pilot Sport Cup ZPs when the weather is good), so I went with a more aggressive alignment. Since going to -2 in the front, -1.5 rear and stilll using the car on the street I get better wear from my track cup tires but I admit the inner part of the street tires does wear more rapidly. Monitor your own tire wear and see what works...

I am among the many who can't wait for the Super Sport ZPs and Pilot Sport Cup 2 ZPs in the Z06 sizes because those are the identical sizes for the ZR1.
Thx, Ill be watching the alignment once I get those new Super Sports. Hoping they are out by Spring. Had the alignment set to the 09 specs last time.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Tracking the ZR things to do