Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Lower control arm

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 11:42 PM
atomic928
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower control arm

I saw on the c7 and possible the c6 that the lower front control arms have a checkered pattern in them.

I've attached a picture of one.

My question is does anyone know what those checkered patterns are for/from. Are they for strength, just left from the mold, some air flow technology? Just curious because if one was to polish one of those arms could one grind off the checkered pattern without harming anything?

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:45 AM
sammy burks
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by atomic928
I saw on the c7 and possible the c6 that the lower front control arms have a checkered pattern in them.

I've attached a picture of one.

My question is does anyone know what those checkered patterns are for/from. Are they for strength, just left from the mold, some air flow technology? Just curious because if one was to polish one of those arms could one grind off the checkered pattern without harming anything?

Thanks
The lower control arms are hollow cast aluminum I do not think I would gaind on them & I would think the Xs are for strenght.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Lower control arm