Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Tpms ??? Newbie please help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 01:42 PM
HDMAN99
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tpms ??? Newbie please help!

Hello all , heres my issue I just bought a 2009 zr1 with black wheels . I recently changed battery in car because it was no good . I put battery in and drive car all was good , until the tpms light came on. And all tire psi reads XX . So I went and bought reset tool (tips) tool the red one . I put car in learn mode no problem I started procedure of resetting each wheel in the correct order . The tool flashes all lights on each wheel but when I get to last wheel I don't get the final 2 beeps of horn to confirm ? I did it like 10 times LOL . What can it be ??? I don't know if previos owner did with sensors wheels etc!!! Please any input would be great . Also do you think I need to buy all new sensors ???? Thanks
Old 01-07-2015, 01:49 PM
HDMAN99
Advanced

Also I just remembered I do not get a horn honk from each wheel either but lights on tool do all the right flashing ????
Old 01-07-2015, 01:56 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

If your horn isn't honking at each wheel, your TPMS tool isn't working or the battery in the TPMS at each wheel is bad.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:01 PM
HDMAN99
Advanced

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
If your horn isn't honking at each wheel, your TPMS tool isn't working or the battery in the TPMS at each wheel is bad.
But the tools lights act like it is ? I'd there a way to check tool ? Also can it be that all 4 sensors are bad? If so I would have to buy all 4 correct . And where is the best place to get them ? Thanks again
Old 01-07-2015, 02:03 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

The tool will light up in sequence as it reprograms. It thinks it did it's job, but if the sensor isn't reading it, it won't matter. It is quite possible an '09 has 4 dead batteries in the TPMS. It may be worth going to the dealer to get them to check it out.

any of the forum vendors who sells OEM GM parts should be able to get you sensors. I think they are pretty cheap $30-40each.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:07 PM
HDMAN99
Advanced

Originally Posted by QUIKAG
The tool will light up in sequence as it reprograms. It thinks it did it's job, but if the sensor isn't reading it, it won't matter. It is quite possible an '09 has 4 dead batteries in the TPMS. It may be worth going to the dealer to get them to check it out.

any of the forum vendors who sells OEM GM parts should be able to get you sensors. I think they are pretty cheap $30-40each.
Ok thank you for your quick response gonna look into buying new sensors .
Old 01-11-2015, 12:08 PM
KENS80V
Melting Slicks

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

I'd say the car wasn't put in learn mode correctly. You got the tips tool to activate each sensor. That shows the sensors are working correctly but without the car horn beeping after each sensor is called up then that seems to mean the car isn't in learn mode.

Did the horn honk when you put the car in "learn mode" (after holding down the lock and unlock buttons at the same time)? If not then unfortunately it's not in learn mode. Once in learn mode you have one minute to activate the first sensor (drivers side front). Also you have a total of 5 minutes to complete all four wheels before it automatically leaves learn mode.

Last edited by KENS80V; 01-11-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:07 PM
HDMAN99
Advanced

Yes thank you everyone for there input. I bought new sensors from local dealer and took wheels to a buddy that has tire shop . Come to find out there where Green sensors in wheels . Changed all 4 and put in car last night , put car in learn mode and all good now ! 😄

Get notified of new replies

To Tpms ??? Newbie please help!

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Tpms ??? Newbie please help!