Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Track car advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Robert R1
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK06ZO6
Thanks I appreciate it. Do the Pfadt alignment specs aim toward increasing tread life or are they aimed more at increasing stability while cornering? I'd like a happy medium since the car will see the street more than the track.
As you go faster you'll need more camber.

I run around -2.2 f and -2.0 rear with no toe front and slight toe in rear.

Toe will wear out your tires a lot faster than camber I've learned.

If you don't have enough negative camber, you will destory the outside edges and also be going slower. Theres really no winning as you go faster.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:01 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK06ZO6
Thanks I appreciate it. Do the Pfadt alignment specs aim toward increasing tread life or are they aimed more at increasing stability while cornering? I'd like a happy medium since the car will see the street more than the track.
I use the third one--"performance street-track use with race tires" with my PS cup's--inner tread wears with street driving and outer tread (wait there is an outer tread on the cups??) wears with track use--a descent balance
Old 03-04-2015, 03:06 PM
BLK06ZO6
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert R1
As you go faster you'll need more camber.

I run around -2.2 f and -2.0 rear with no toe front and slight toe in rear.

Toe will wear out your tires a lot faster than camber I've learned.

If you don't have enough negative camber, you will destory the outside edges and also be going slower. Theres really no winning as you go faster.
Originally Posted by 05dsom
I use the third one--"performance street-track use with race tires" with my PS cup's--inner tread wears with street driving and outer tread (wait there is an outer tread on the cups??) wears with track use--a descent balance
Thanks for the advice. That sounds like the set up that would be best for me too.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Track car advice