Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] ZR1 - Front Grill Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 09:45 AM
kaamacat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ZR1 - Front Grill Removal

While it sounds simple... I want to just make sure (so as not to snap any plastic), that the front grill is only held in with the visible push-pins, then pressure fit on the sides? I have the pins out (literally) and it seems that pulling from the front-center will allow a removal? Although it looks-like the side tabs may need some help from the rear.

(I need to remove because it looks like the right side of the "tunnel" flap has come out, so I dont have straight air on the right side into the radiators)
Old 03-03-2015, 11:23 AM
kaamacat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to PlanB. You can remove the (3) bolts from underneath and the foam skirt will drop down enough where you have about 2" of space to get up inside. I put (2) push-pins on the right (facing)... actually drivers side, one up high in the elongated slot, then another at the bottom and its solid in-place! The upper though required some VERY lone needle-nose pliers to put that pin up there.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:25 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by kaamacat
Went to PlanB. You can remove the (3) bolts from underneath and the foam skirt will drop down enough where you have about 2" of space to get up inside. I put (2) push-pins on the right (facing)... actually drivers side, one up high in the elongated slot, then another at the bottom and its solid in-place! The upper though required some VERY lone needle-nose pliers to put that pin up there.
thanks...good info

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 - Front Grill Removal

Quick Reply: [ZR1] ZR1 - Front Grill Removal