Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Hesitation on recent trip

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:24 AM
SweetZO6
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Hesitation on recent trip

Went to MB to play golf for a week. First time out with the ZR1 on a long trip. The only mod I have made is a K&N air filter. After installing the K&N, I removed the battery cable so, I guess, the fuel tables reset and it learns with the K&N installed. I also removed the MAF and cleaned it with CRC MAF sensor cleaner. I could feel a slight hesitation with the OEM air filter installed but the K&N was more pronounced. No CEL either before or after the K&N install or on the trip. If I just gradually accelerate like leaving a stop light, I get a momentary stair set hesitation. It just happens during that condition. The faster I accelerate the less noticeable it is.

Seeking your thoughts before I take it to the dealer. Maybe it is something I can fix.

OBTW - the driving experience was a HOOT!!!!!! Because it is a ZR1 and my vanity tag, I got a couple Jimmy Carter waves. Love it!!!!!!

Ed
Old 04-02-2015, 01:53 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Sounds like a MAF issue. Aftermarket filters can gum them up sometimes and even with cleaning them, they can still have issues. I'd put OEM back on and take it to dealer and they may throw a new MAF on it.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:56 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Clean the maf with maf cleaner
Old 04-06-2015, 07:05 AM
SweetZO6
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Will clean the MAF with the approved CRC cleaner. Will do on the air filter swap. The OEM filter looks new. Also, read about some MAF had issues. Checked the number on mine and it is K2. From what I read, that appears to be OK.

Thanks for the replies.

Ed
Old 04-06-2015, 07:10 AM
Eckler's
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

I agree with everyone else sounds like a MAF issue.

Get notified of new replies

To Hesitation on recent trip

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Hesitation on recent trip