Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Limits on stock exhaust manifolds?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 06:42 PM
ZR1Dreamer83
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limits on stock exhaust manifolds?

Hello everyone. I am new to the Corvette scene so please excuse my ignorance but i had a quick question regarding the factory exhaust manifolds. I was looking at several webpage's that offer ZR1 performance packages and noticed that most of the packages for the ZR1 did not included long tube headers but strangely included heads and cam upgrade's and pulley upgrades etc. I was curious if this is because the ZR1 doesn't really need aftermarket headers? or is the cost not worth the increase in power? If that is true i was curious what the stock manifolds can handle.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-24-2015, 07:12 PM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

bit of both, the factory manifolds actually work quite well. I believe the stock ones can do 750 ish just fine…once you're past that, which means most likely at least a cam and probably heads, then the headers would make sense…I would do that mod last to be honest, or if you are after the sound, then it's different.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:14 PM
ZR1Dreamer83
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mirage2991
bit of both, the factory manifolds actually work quite well. I believe the stock ones can do 750 ish just fine…once you're past that, which means most likely at least a cam and probably heads, then the headers would make sense…I would do that mod last to be honest, or if you are after the sound, then it's different.
Oh wow, i didnt know they would be that good. Nice. Thanks for the quick reply mirage2991. I appreciate it.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:04 PM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1Dreamer83
Oh wow, i didnt know they would be that good. Nice. Thanks for the quick reply mirage2991. I appreciate it.
you're welcome…by the way that was hp at the motor and not to the ground…(I noticed I didn't specify)….do a search if you get a chance, there's quite a bit of info (ZR1 and Z06 forum)…it'll give you a better idea and allow you to make a good educated decision wether or not you feel they are worth it.

Get notified of new replies

To Limits on stock exhaust manifolds?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Limits on stock exhaust manifolds?