Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Cooling fan question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 02:12 AM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Cooling fan question

This goes for stock and modified cars, but at what temp do your cooling fans come on.

Initially I had the tuner set them low and they would come on around 173 or so. Summer came and the heat kills this car and the fans would come on so quickly. Basically now they run all the time and it quickly got on my nerves sitting at a stoplight hearing the cooling fans sound like they are going full blast or something.

Went back to the tuner today and told him to make them come on later. Now the car operates most of the time at 185 on the highway because the cooling fans don't come on till later. Seems like I will lose some power due to that fact.

Would it be bad for the fans to run all the time or it isn't any different from the cooling fans coming on all the time if you run your AC full time?
Old 09-06-2015, 05:58 PM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

ttt
Old 09-06-2015, 09:35 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Mine is still at the OEM setting. Runs with the A/C on, and is likely "full blast" when the coolant temp is indicated to be around 210*F ?
Old 09-07-2015, 06:59 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Plug on the control module will eventually melt if the fans are commanded to run all the time. I personally hard wired my fans so they are on the second I hit my ignition switch.

Get notified of new replies

To Cooling fan question

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Cooling fan question