Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Power seat harness help

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Lars Rogers
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power seat harness help

I have a 2010 ZR1 with the base seats. Driver side came power forward / back / up / down. No lumbar, etc... Passenger came manual slide bar adjust.

I recently purchased some full adjustable ZR1 seats. The passenger seat installed, plugged into the harness, and now works forward / back / up / down. Power lumbar, etc. are not working.

New driver side seat does not function at all. No power adjustments working in any way.

I'm assuming, from looking at the harness coming out of the floor of the car, that it is not equipped to control these new seats.

So here's the question... If I order the full power harness as if the car had come from the factory with the full power seats, am I going to need any additional parts up stream from the harness to make this swap work?
Old 10-09-2015, 06:30 PM
The boss
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Lars Rogers
I have a 2010 ZR1 with the base seats. Driver side came power forward / back / up / down. No lumbar, etc... Passenger came manual slide bar adjust.

I recently purchased some full adjustable ZR1 seats. The passenger seat installed, plugged into the harness, and now works forward / back / up / down. Power lumbar, etc. are not working.

New driver side seat does not function at all. No power adjustments working in any way.

I'm assuming, from looking at the harness coming out of the floor of the car, that it is not equipped to control these new seats.

So here's the question... If I order the full power harness as if the car had come from the factory with the full power seats, am I going to need any additional parts up stream from the harness to make this swap work?
I dont think the harness is different. I suggest that you take your owner manual and check all fuses and circuit breaker located at the right footwell as some might be missing. The lumbars have it's own fuse (2), there is suppose to be 2 circuit breakers for power seat, 2 other 20 amps fuse for heathers (one for each seat). Before ordering any parts, i would go on the cultrag web site and check the harness part number for a ZR1 with these options and for one whitout. The thing I dont know is about the bcm, does it need to be reflash? I am a little surprise about the driver seat that doesnt work, maybe the fuse blow??? there is a lot of connectors and modules under these seats, make sure they are all connected. Good luck

Last edited by The boss; 10-09-2015 at 06:33 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 10-09-2015, 09:03 PM
kuyarog
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Lars Rogers

Years ago, I did the same conversion on a C4 and needed the adjustable power seats "Y" harness from under the console to the seats. Removed the console, unplugged the non-power harness and plugged in the power seat harness. All functions worked. Could be the same on a C6?

Get notified of new replies

To Power seat harness help

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Power seat harness help