Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] ZR1 stock clutch question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 10:53 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Default ZR1 stock clutch question.

I am looking to buy & quite a few for sale "feature" clutch replaced at XXX miles. Say between 10k and 25k miles.

So is the stock clutch weak, guys can't drive a stick, been beat on, any of the above?

Thanks, all opinions welcome.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:35 AM
CasperZR
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The ZR1 clutch is extremely docile. I could probably teach a beginner how to drive a standard in the ZR1 versus any other application I've driven.

Aside from that, I've witnessed the stock clutch hold up against multiple 9 second passes at the track, abuse on the street, and holding much higher horsepower applications than myself.

If you're looking for a friendly clutch that can be slipped, abused, etc, then I would highly recommend the ZR1 stock clutch. To this day, I've yet to find an aftermarket solution that warrants the change.
The following users liked this post:
Vegas1500 (11-30-2015)
Old 11-30-2015, 08:05 AM
howl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CasperZR
The ZR1 clutch is extremely docile. I could probably teach a beginner how to drive a standard in the ZR1 versus any other application I've driven.

Aside from that, I've witnessed the stock clutch hold up against multiple 9 second passes at the track, abuse on the street, and holding much higher horsepower applications than myself.

If you're looking for a friendly clutch that can be slipped, abused, etc, then I would highly recommend the ZR1 stock clutch. To this day, I've yet to find an aftermarket solution that warrants the change.
I agree
Old 11-30-2015, 12:55 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Thank you guys.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 stock clutch question.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] ZR1 stock clutch question.