Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] PTM Straight Line Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 06:13 PM
Monoxcide
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PTM Straight Line Acceleration

Hi Everyone,

2012 Z06 with Performance Traction Management but figured I would ask the question here due to the rarity of the option.

I've searched the web and forums but have been unable to find confirmation if PTM's "reduced engine power" affects straight line acceleration.

In my preferred PTM option (#3 Sport) the car feels like it accelerates slightly slower / less aggressive under full throttle than just regular Sport mode with only Traction control off.

All of my tests have been via butt dyno, but I consistently feel slower straight line acceleration w/PTM - even when traction is not an issue.

One of the possibilities I've considered is the PTM throttle map seems to increase the pedal movement required for certain RPMs - making the acceleration come on smoother.

Main reason for asking is I prefer the stiffer ride and handling in PTM but the car feels more beastly in regular sport. I left out PTM Mode #4+5 as I want to keep Active Handling on.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] PTM Straight Line Acceleration