Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Wtb: 2010/2011 zr1

Old 05-02-2016, 10:48 PM
SmokeyTirez
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wtb: 2010/2011 zr1

Looking for the following recipe:

ZR1
$57k range
25k miles or less
No history/no paint work
Wheels excellent, paint excellent. Better than expected wear for miles inside and out.
Black, Cyber Gray, or Silver exterior
Mostly Black interior, no actual colors (no red, no tan, etc)
3ZR preferred/loaded
Tasteful/Light mods preferred

Cash in hand

Interested sellers PM me please.

Thx!

Last edited by SmokeyTirez; 05-03-2016 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:15 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Good luck with your search.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:30 AM
Mikeyfitz
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Might be a stretch at 55k, but you may find a few! Goodluck, they're amazing cars
Old 05-03-2016, 07:15 AM
SmokeyTirez
Pro

Originally Posted by Mikeyfitz
Might be a stretch at 55k, but you may find a few! Goodluck, they're amazing cars
Not true. Actually there are a bunch in this range (I know... It's taboo to admit such things here... But we can all be honest with each other) . Just can't find the exact combo I want. So I thought I'd try something different this time.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Mikeyfitz
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Oh really? Well that's awesome then haha. I've seen almost every one of them 60+ with that mileage.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:22 AM
SmokeyTirez
Pro

Well don't look TOO hard! I might change my mind about one of these others. :-)

I've found 2 yellow @ $57k, both had < 20k miles. But I don't want yellow.

One black @ $56k, but had red interior. I'm pretty firm on a black interior.

And these are just the listed prices. Everyone lists high. Though if I find one in the spec I want at that price I won't be haggling. Totally worth it. But @ $60k+...the car would have to be near new, < 9k miles and 2011/12.

And from what I'm seeing most ZR1 owners are doing a good job taking care of their cars so a 20k mile 2010/11 is going to be a sweet spot for me.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Not sure where you're seeing cars with less than 20k miles but are also $55k. There's one for sale on Cars.com that fits that criteria, and I'm pretty sure it has a salvage title. The next sub 20k mile car is $62,550.

Good luck, but owners don't like being low-balled.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:07 PM
Jimnc
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 98 Posts

You may find a a 2011/2010 ZR1 in that price range but I highly doubt it will be in the condition you are looking for. GLWS.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:08 PM
SmokeyTirez
Pro

Originally Posted by Crabbers
Not sure where you're seeing cars with less than 20k miles but are also $55k. There's one for sale on Cars.com that fits that criteria, and I'm pretty sure it has a salvage title. The next sub 20k mile car is $62,550.

Good luck, but owners don't like being low-balled.
I've got a 3ZR at a dealer for $58k, black on black right now. Am going to see it in a week to verify condition. Zero history. Would prefer cyber, private sale, but at that price I won't be too picky.

I'm not lowballing anyone sir. It is simply the market. Are there more expensive cars listed in classified ads? Yes. Of course, I can list any car for any price I want. Rarely does anyone list at market. Because of the "game" people are forced to list far above what they ware willing to accept. So going out and reading a few ad listings...you're not getting good data.

I'm reporting on prices people are *willing to sell*. Their minimum. A lowball would begin with a "4". Or a low 50ks number. I'm looking in the 55-57k range. Why would I post that I'm looking for a car in the price range that is listed in the ads? If I'm willing to pay list price (and what idiot would be?) then I would just buy a car as listed. I'm trying to skip the BS. What I'm asking is a totally fair market price. If you have a car to sell and want to pitch it and disagree with my pricing, shoot me a PM. Would love to hear about the ZR1 you are selling.

Of course, if you aren't selling one, then...not much else to discuss anyway right?
Old 05-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by SmokeyTirez
I've got a 3ZR at a dealer for $58k, black on black right now. Am going to see it in a week to verify condition. Zero history. Would prefer cyber, private sale, but at that price I won't be too picky.

I'm not lowballing anyone sir. It is simply the market. Are there more expensive cars listed in classified ads? Yes. Of course, I can list any car for any price I want. Rarely does anyone list at market. Because of the "game" people are forced to list far above what they ware willing to accept. So going out and reading a few ad listings...you're not getting good data.

I'm reporting on prices people are *willing to sell*. Their minimum. A lowball would begin with a "4". Or a low 50ks number. I'm looking in the 55-57k range. Why would I post that I'm looking for a car in the price range that is listed in the ads? If I'm willing to pay list price (and what idiot would be?) then I would just buy a car as listed. I'm trying to skip the BS. What I'm asking is a totally fair market price. If you have a car to sell and want to pitch it and disagree with my pricing, shoot me a PM. Would love to hear about the ZR1 you are selling.

Of course, if you aren't selling one, then...not much else to discuss anyway right?
I was selling one, and if you offered $55k, I wouldn't even counter.

You can look at whatever you want. I don't have an issue with it, I actually wish you luck. I just think you're lowballing the market
Old 05-03-2016, 12:27 PM
SmokeyTirez
Pro

I was selling one, and if you offered $55k, I wouldn't even counter.

You can look at whatever you want. I don't have an issue with it, I actually wish you luck. I just think you're lowballing the market

Well I'm thrilled to know that you would have observed tact and decided to simply not reply in that case. Shame you didn't do that here.

If someone's interested in making an offer, then great. If not, no worries. But trolling with nothing at all to offer? Cmon. Feels like I'm back in time. Do people still troll like this, really?

Moving along, and back on topic...
Old 05-03-2016, 12:32 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Well I'm thrilled to know that you would have observed tact and decided to simply not reply in that case. Shame you didn't do that here.

If someone's interested in making an offer, then great. If not, no worries. But trolling with nothing at all to offer? Cmon. Feels like I'm back in time. Do people still troll like this, really?

Moving along, and back on topic...
It's trolling to wish you luck but give the input that you seem to be low? Well, if that's how you feel then I guess I can't change that. Maybe you're just too sensitive
Old 05-03-2016, 12:35 PM
SmokeyTirez
Pro

It's trolling to wish you luck but give the input that you seem to be low? Well, if that's how you feel then I guess I can't change that. Maybe you're just too sensitive
Lol. Tell ya what, next time you're selling something I'll ping the thread, with no interest in buying whatever it is, and comment that your price is wrong. Then we'll revisit the issue.

Not sensitive. More surprised than anything else.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Lol. Tell ya what, next time you're selling something I'll ping the thread, with no interest in buying whatever it is, and comment that your price is wrong. Then we'll revisit the issue.

Not sensitive. More surprised than anything else.
If you think my price is way out of line, I welcome the input
Old 05-03-2016, 06:31 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by Jimnc
You may find a a 2011/2010 ZR1 in that price range but I highly doubt it will be in the condition you are looking for. GLWS.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:42 PM
SweetZO6
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Why are you guys arguing with this idiot?

Ed
Old 05-03-2016, 06:47 PM
SmokeyTirez
Pro

Originally Posted by SweetZO6
Why are you guys arguing with this idiot?

Ed
Wow. Expected more from Corvette owners.

Get notified of new replies

To Wtb: 2010/2011 zr1

Old 05-03-2016, 07:50 PM
camiv
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Smokey,
Take your search elsewhere...... You have enough info here to know that no forum members are going to offer up what your looking for...... At your offered price range.
Totally fine to ask and get feedback..... No need to send thread into trash mode. No need for members to trash your offer/inquiry either.
Just move on with your search. Forsale section in c6 forsale update daily and you get to look for the car you want......
Good luck finding your deal
Old 05-03-2016, 07:56 PM
SmokeyTirez
Pro

I would gladly see the thread deleted. It's an embarrassing display of meatheaded-ness that is shocking.

Going back to lurk mode. Again. Ask an honest question on corvetteforum and everyone ***** on you.

Before the thread exits, folks should know it was actually quite productive for me. Those sellers not in denial and not butt hurt about a forum post that disagrees with their delicate sensibilities were happy to reach out. Just haven't found the right match yet.

But camiv is right. Nothing of value to be found in this thread. Just trolls. I shouldn't have put a price up. My time is valuable, and I respect others' time, so I was trying to save time for everyone. Twas at the expense of being taboo apparently...still not allowed to talk actual value of Corvettes on Corvetteforum. lol
Old 05-03-2016, 08:02 PM
Jimmy Z
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by camiv
Smokey,
Take your search elsewhere...... You have enough info here to know that no forum members are going to offer up what your looking for...... At your offered price range.
Totally fine to ask and get feedback..... No need to send thread into trash mode. No need for members to trash your offer/inquiry either.
Just move on with your search. Forsale section in c6 forsale update daily and you get to look for the car you want......
Good luck finding your deal

Well spoken sir........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] Wtb: 2010/2011 zr1