Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Battery tender- do I have a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 02:04 PM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 190 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Battery tender- do I have a problem?

I have the 3300 plugged into the dashboard cig lighter outlet in my 11 ZR1. I have a solid green light, but a flickering orange light. Do I have a problem somewhere?
Old 01-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Try turning the connector in the socket to see if that resolves it, also try in another car. Troubleshooting guide below.

https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/.../MUS-3300.docx

Last edited by Red Devil; 01-01-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:30 PM
MJBZR1
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 C6 of the Year Finalist

I had the same issue except i had the 3300 connected directly to my battery. In my case the problem was the connector on the "ground" terminal wasn't tight causing the 'fault' code of the orang flashing light. As Red Devil suggested turning the connector should fix the issue because it sounds like a "grounding" issue. Good luck.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:11 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Reporting back.

I twisted the connector around in the cig lighter and eventually the light went solid orange. The next day it was back to solid green with the orange light flashing rapidly. The car is a 2011 and only about 5800 miles, but I am starting to think it may be the battery.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:35 PM
The boss
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Do you have the adaptor to conncet directly to battery to make the test. Just a connection problem can cause lot ot funny reaction. All my battery tender are conneted to the battery with ring terminals sold by cteck (cteck comfort connect) no more problems since.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:53 AM
ZR1Cat
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by The boss
Do you have the adaptor to conncet directly to battery to make the test. Just a connection problem can cause lot ot funny reaction. All my battery tender are conneted to the battery with ring terminals sold by cteck (cteck comfort connect) no more problems since.
I don't have a problem like the OP, you mention a clever approach to ensuring a reliable charge. I didn't know about the "comfort connect" product. Nice tip.
The following users liked this post:
The boss (01-11-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 11:42 AM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Just updating.

I had the ZR 1 out this past weekend as we had a nice bump in temps. After I put it back in and hooked up the tender, it initially went to solid orange "charging", and a day later was solid green, no blinking. All looks good. I will keep an eye on it to see if it goes back to solid green but also rapidly flashing orange.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:13 PM
khoeysr
Corvette fan
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by khoeysr
Just updating.

I had the ZR 1 out this past weekend as we had a nice bump in temps. After I put it back in and hooked up the tender, it initially went to solid orange "charging", and a day later was solid green, no blinking. All looks good. I will keep an eye on it to see if it goes back to solid green but also rapidly flashing orange.

STILL all good. Looking like it was just a bad hookup before.

Get notified of new replies

To Battery tender- do I have a problem?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Battery tender- do I have a problem?