Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] SOLD - Zr1 Halltech Carbon fiber intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 12:41 PM
Cidz06
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default SOLD - Zr1 Halltech Carbon fiber intake

Sold!!!
selling used Halltech Pratt and Miller carbon fiber intake, rub mark on shroud from rubbing against hood

Last edited by Cidz06; 02-22-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Bgreenard
Go Fast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Interesting. I asked Jim Hall (Halltech) last year if he manufactured a CAI for the ZR1 and he told me no. What is the model number?

Last edited by Bgreenard; 02-17-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Cidz06
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Has no part number. It's actually Halltech Pratt and Miller intake.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1/3579723-halltech-s-pratt-and-miller-racing-induction-on-sale.html

Last edited by Cidz06; 02-17-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:18 PM
INTRCUL
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Cidz06
Has no part number. It's actually Halltech Pratt and Miller intake.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-on-sale.html
^this^

Jim Halltech probably meant he doesn't make them anymore and not many of these were sold. I have one of these and it's probably one of the best intakes for mildly modified ZR's. DO NOT run this on a stock tune because it will run rich. It definitely flows more air but the diameter of the intake at the MAF sensor is different and the ECU will overcompensate. It cost me around 30-40HP on a Mustang dyno and I could easily tell it was down seat of the pants as well. Went back to the stock intake and the numbers came back up.

Prat&Miller tuned the small batch of cars they made that used this system so it wasn't an issue for them. If you're willing to do an ECU tune, this is a great setup for anyone not running a massive 102+mm throttle body and/or needing a 5" intake. This system can also work on the OEM snout if you reuse the factory bellows (like pictured), and can be adapted to use the Lingenfelter snout with a basic straight section of silicone tubing. The filter is also the exact same real carbon fiber air filter used on the K&N official ZR1 intake so it's replaceable. Halltech also makes quality carbon but mine has yellowed a bit. This one for sale looks perfect.

Asking price is also killer because this sold for around 3 times as much, and the K&N system is just shy of $900 and doesn't include the "Beehive" cover. The K&N will work on a stock tune, but is basically the same stock dimensions but with real carbon and a free flow air filter. The P&M intake tube is a little larger and can flow a little more air, which is why it runs richer than the K&N. If you tune, this is a killer deal on a real carbon intake, and they're not made anymore. It's like the Titanium Akrapovic exhaust. Best system for C6's, but you can't get the Ti version anymore.
The following users liked this post:
bringe (03-02-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To SOLD - Zr1 Halltech Carbon fiber intake

Quick Reply: [ZR1] SOLD - Zr1 Halltech Carbon fiber intake