Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] MH3 transmission identification

Old 02-24-2017, 07:14 PM
blackbelt
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default MH3 transmission identification

Is there any way to identify a mh3 transmission. Looking to buy one from a guy but he doesn't know if car it came out of was a pde optioned car.

any specific part numbers on transmission itself or stickers on transmission?

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2017, 07:39 AM
jft69z
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 267 Posts

Is the transmission out of the car? If it is, get pictures of the label on the top of the trans. Should be a 3 digit code, like A3N. Also get pictures of the GM part number on the label or of the metal tag attached to one of the case bolts. When you get that, post the info here and maybe we can help decipher what you have there.

Also, get the year and VIN if possible. May be able to look up the build sheet on Corvette Action Center website and see if that particular car had PDE option.

Below pics are of a brand new MH3 I got from GM last year. Part number and 3 digit code are as shown, but those are likely superseded numbers from one installed at the factory. Get the numbers and we can look. The old part numbers are searchable. I ran into that before I ordered this one.

Last edited by jft69z; 02-25-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] MH3 transmission identification