Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Questions for you Zr1 guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 12:08 PM
xxDevilDogxx
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Questions for you Zr1 guys

Just recently purchased a 2009 Zr1 with 8000 miles , but the car has some mods and i was wondering if you could help me id the owner or the modification on the car. From what i can tell the car has a pulley 2.60 from Lingenfelter, an aftermarket clutch , and most likely a tune or a cam since it has somewhat of a lopy idle ( im not sure if its hunting for air fuel ) .

IS there a way to ID the Clutch ? All i can see through the inspection holes is that the pressure plate is like a metallic green color. I found Monster Clutches online and they sell a Zr1 clutch that is green. The pressure plate seems to have rectangular holes on it as well.

The pulley is a 2.60 from the part number i got off it , only thing i saw was the shaft was not drilled to insert the pin . Is that something i should worry about ?

The car has extended studs in the rear as well , should i change them back to the factory studs ?

Other than that car runs strong from what i can tell.

Here is the VIN to see if anyone could id previous owner for me 1G1YR26R495800738
Last reported owner was North Carolina 1 year 4 months then Delaware for 1 month ( i think that was a dealer ) .
Old 03-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by xxDevilDogxx
Just recently purchased a 2009 Zr1 with 8000 miles , but the car has some mods and i was wondering if you could help me id the owner or the modification on the car. From what i can tell the car has a pulley 2.60 from Lingenfelter, an aftermarket clutch , and most likely a tune or a cam since it has somewhat of a lopy idle ( im not sure if its hunting for air fuel ) .

IS there a way to ID the Clutch ? All i can see through the inspection holes is that the pressure plate is like a metallic green color. I found Monster Clutches online and they sell a Zr1 clutch that is green. The pressure plate seems to have rectangular holes on it as well.

The pulley is a 2.60 from the part number i got off it , only thing i saw was the shaft was not drilled to insert the pin . Is that something i should worry about ?

The car has extended studs in the rear as well , should i change them back to the factory studs ?

Other than that car runs strong from what i can tell.

Here is the VIN to see if anyone could id previous owner for me 1G1YR26R495800738
Last reported owner was North Carolina 1 year 4 months then Delaware for 1 month ( i think that was a dealer ) .

Yes we did that car... Its a Monster LT1S triple and it does have a cam and valve springs etc on it.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:11 PM
xxDevilDogxx
Advanced

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
Yes we did that car... Its a Monster LT1S triple and it does have a cam and valve springs etc on it.
Thank you for getting back to me !!
Old 03-15-2017, 06:25 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09

Thank you for getting back to me !!
No problem. I beleive you called the shop and spoke with Bill also to get cam specs etc... Car made good power with headers on it.. let me know if you ever put them back on i can tweak the tune for you.
The following users liked this post:
xxDevilDogxx (03-15-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 08:17 PM
xxDevilDogxx
Advanced

No problem. I beleive you called the shop and spoke with Bill also to get cam specs etc... Car made good power with headers on it.. let me know if you ever put them back on i can tweak the tune for you.
absolutely will do , once again thank you !

Last edited by xxDevilDogxx; 03-15-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:24 PM
xxDevilDogxx
Advanced

stupid question can the tune be altered to make the car sound/ iddle like stock ?

Last edited by xxDevilDogxx; 03-15-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:08 AM
rodolf911
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just recently purchased a 2009 Zr1 with 8000 miles

Congrat

From Lingenfelter instructions :

"Steps 73-76 are optional. Since the
supercharger pulley is spinning at higher
RPM and driving more load than the stock
pulley, pinning the pulley is recommended
but not required. LPE pins all of their
supercharger pulleys."

Recommended but non required...
xxDevilDogxx (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 02:29 PM
xxDevilDogxx
Advanced

Originally Posted by rodolf911
Congrat

From Lingenfelter instructions :

"Steps 73-76 are optional. Since the
supercharger pulley is spinning at higher
RPM and driving more load than the stock
pulley, pinning the pulley is recommended
but not required. LPE pins all of their
supercharger pulleys."

Recommended but non required...
Thanks !
Old 03-17-2017, 02:59 PM
INTRCUL
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

stupid question can the tune be altered to make the car sound/ iddle like stock ?
Unlikely. Lope is a factor of altered valve overlap and duration. By changing these values, the power curve can be shifted but generally at the expense of something outside that powerband and idle is the most affected. It's just the nature of performance cams.

A more open exhaust system makes it more noticeable as well. 2" headers, no cats, and either an aftermarket exhaust or the OEM with the valves open, all can make a stock cam sound a lot more aggressive at idle, let alone an aggressive aftermarket cam. You can either install a milder cam with a smoother idle, or maybe close up the exhaust, but what's the fun in that..... Learn to love the sound. A loping idle and blower whine creates awe and fear in lesser motors.
xxDevilDogxx (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 11:58 AM
xxDevilDogxx
Advanced

Frans do you think its possible to send me the receipts or some type of documentation for the work done ? i like to keep paper record of what was done on the car.
ftperformance@yahoo.com is my email

Thank you !
Old 03-21-2017, 02:11 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09

To an extent yes.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09

Frans do you think its possible to send me the receipts or some type of documentation for the work done ? i like to keep paper record of what was done on the car.
ftperformance@yahoo.com is my email

Thank you !
Nothing we did to the car before is on it... So they wont do you any good. We gave you the cam specs and the clutch thats in it... thats about all thats done.
xxDevilDogxx (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 04:02 PM
xxDevilDogxx
Advanced

Nothing we did to the car before is on it... So they wont do you any good. We gave you the cam specs and the clutch thats in it... thats about all thats done.
Thank you

Get notified of new replies

To Questions for you Zr1 guys

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Questions for you Zr1 guys