Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Swapped Corsa Sports for OEM NPP Exhaust Today

Old 06-24-2017, 08:24 PM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

Default Swapped Corsa Sports for OEM NPP Exhaust Today

Call me crazy, but I decided to swap out my Corsa Sport catback exhaust for an OEM NPP system. The Corsa's came with my Z when I bought it about 2-1/2 years ago. I love the sound of Corsa exhaust - my C5 Z06 had Corsa's as well. The drone was noticeable at low RPMs, but not too terrible so I was fine with it at the time.

Fast forward to the past 6 months. After adding a bigger cam, headers, x-pipe, etc., the drone of the Corsa's on the highway in 6th gear (pretty much anything under 2,000 RPM) was AWFUL. I had taken a 1,000 mile trip to Michigan a few months ago, the longest trip I've had in this car, and I just couldn't deal with it anymore. Since there is no power loss with the OEM system, and everyone says that there is little to zero drone with the NPP valves closed, I decided to give it a shot.

I found a nice, low mile OEM system local and bought it. Today, with a friend and his dad, we installed the OEM system (took a little finangling but we got it eventually). I had previously bought and installed the LG "man ****" with the button for mild-to-wild integrated right into the shift ****. I LOVE that feature! No silly remotes to keep track of and it looks OEM too.

My first impressions... Very happy with the OEM setup. In the "wild" setting, it sounds just as mean as the Corsa's. On the highway and cruising at low RPM's, the head-pounding drone is basically 99% gone. I knew the OEM system would make a difference, but not THAT much. I'm very impressed. Even with the cam and headers, there is virtually no drone at any RPM with the valves closed!

Here's a short video of the car idling with valves open and closed. We laughed because we never heard the OEM system before!

Old 06-24-2017, 09:45 PM
Josh B.
Melting Slicks

Received 554 Likes on 400 Posts

I recently sold my Corsa mufflers for the same reason. Tons of drone at highway speeds below 80 mph. Going back to my 3" modded OEM mufflers. Wise choice to go back to NPP.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:23 AM
Jayfabs
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 138 Posts

I found with my new setup I'm keeping my B&B fusions closed just way to much drone. It's a nice feature
Old 06-25-2017, 09:58 PM
bjmsam
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Which year bimode mufflers did you install?
Old 06-25-2017, 11:06 PM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

2008. My car's vacuum lines in the rear were 1/4" for some reason. We had to buy a 1/4 to 1/8 connector to hook up the lines to the mufflers. They work great though!

Originally Posted by bjmsam
Which year bimode mufflers did you install?
Old 06-26-2017, 05:48 PM
mrbritcar
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put a Corsa Sport on my 2006 C6. It popped like crazy on deceleration. I was told I needed to add the Corsa crossover pipe to get rid of the problem so I bit the bullet and spent more money on it. The problem is better but far from gone. It drives me crazy. Seems like I spent $1,800 for a system I can't stand. Can anyone offer any comments on this situation? Thanks!
Old 06-26-2017, 05:50 PM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

Originally Posted by mrbritcar
Just put a Corsa Sport on my 2006 C6. It popped like crazy on deceleration. I was told I needed to add the Corsa crossover pipe to get rid of the problem so I bit the bullet and spent more money on it. The problem is better but far from gone. It drives me crazy. Seems like I spent $1,800 for a system I can't stand. Can anyone offer any comments on this situation? Thanks!
My Corsa's popped and banged very loudly on deceleration especially with my heads and cam. I kinda liked it myself. I didn't know that would disappear once I put on the OEM system but it's gone completely now. I kinda miss that aspect of the Corsa's...
Old 06-26-2017, 06:28 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Love fast cars that are quiet, good choice
Bonus is you dont have to worry as much when youre into the pedal meaning attracting the wrong attention.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:46 PM
murf257
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Like Josh B. I went through 4 different sets before returning to OEM modified and LOVE the sound!

Get notified of new replies

To Swapped Corsa Sports for OEM NPP Exhaust Today

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Swapped Corsa Sports for OEM NPP Exhaust Today