Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

How Does One Determine a Dealership Corvette Allocation Level?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 12:26 PM
NFexec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How Does One Determine a Dealership Corvette Allocation Level?

Other than asking the dealer (they never tell only part of the story - right?) how do I find out how many Corvettes they will typically be getting in? I realize just counting the cars on the lot may give a clue, but compared to the big boys (supporting dealers here) I would be edgy about how long I would have to wait for an ordered car from a local who MIGHT get it in 4 months!

Any other ways to improve one's chances of getting an ordered car in the least amount of time? (assuming no constraints)

Thanks, guys!

Old 03-02-2005, 12:30 PM
0Rick @ Les Stanford
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by NFexec
Other than asking the dealer (they never tell only part of the story - right?) how do I find out how many Corvettes they will typically be getting in? I realize just counting the cars on the lot may give a clue, but compared to the big boys (supporting dealers here) I would be edgy about how long I would have to wait for an ordered car from a local who MIGHT get it in 4 months!

Any other ways to improve one's chances of getting an ordered car in the least amount of time? (assuming no constraints)

Thanks, guys!

Why not use a Forum Dealer "Like Me"
Delivery in as little as 5 weeks on custom orders.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:46 PM
lenny037
Instructor

Default No Offense

I live in Michigan and had nothing but a bad expierince with Les Stanford. Dont mean to rain on your parade but for a dealership that claims they have all these vettes on thier lot and are the lowest price in town, they ended up last on the list of about 5. Im not trying to curb your business but maybe my salesmen thought he was too slick. Which is surprising cause i told him up front that i was getting quotes from other dealers and that i used to sell cars in the area.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:56 PM
0Rick @ Les Stanford
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by lenny037
I live in Michigan and had nothing but a bad expierince with Les Stanford. Dont mean to rain on your parade but for a dealership that claims they have all these vettes on thier lot and are the lowest price in town, they ended up last on the list of about 5. Im not trying to curb your business but maybe my salesmen thought he was too slick. Which is surprising cause i told him up front that i was getting quotes from other dealers and that i used to sell cars in the area.
Well sir you are Certainly the minority on this board. I can assure you that I have hundreds of very satisfied customers but no dealer can satisfy every customer. Was I your salesperson?
Old 03-02-2005, 04:21 PM
nikovette
Burning Brakes

FWIW, I just bought my C6 vert through Rick and couldn't have wished for a better experience or a more responsive salesman. I doubt he would have lasted too long on this board if he was otherwise
Old 03-03-2005, 10:17 AM
ppowell1
5th Gear

I just purchased a Lemans Blue Vette from Tony at Les Stanford Chevrolet and I must say he was most helpful and made the entire process simple and pain free with what I considered a great price!!
Old 03-04-2005, 02:24 AM
QikTimes
Advanced

Originally Posted by NFexec

Thanks, guys!

I would also like toknow this info.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2005, 04:17 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

you can't. I even called a friend that i have up at corporate and he said only the dealer and/or their regional rep has reasonable access to that info.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:23 PM
HUDDA
Racer

Allocation on the Z06 will be very interesting. In my opinion, the big vette dealers may only get 20 to 25 for the year. So how can a dealership accept a big list of double that number? Plus with the gouging that is going to be happening, there is going to be a lot of good customers t'd off. I am number 2 on the list at a large corvette dealership. I was told today that they expect to put a market value on the few that they get (15)? This is no way to treat a loyal customer of three new C5s.

As for the coupe, there are plenty of allocations out there for exactly what you're looking for depending on constraints. Even discounts.

Forum dealers can usually deliver in a matter of weeks if ordered.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Cambria
Racer

Everytime I talked to Rick at Les he has been awesome and a great help. For anyone reading this don't hesitate to talk to Rick (Les Stanford), Monica (Maxie Price), or Dave (Kerbeck). Some people have been disgruntled (at the world I believe, maybe snow where they are and can't drive their Vette's?) lately but our dealers are great.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:52 PM
lenny037
Instructor

I was not trying to curb your business only offer my opinion on what my personal experience was in dealing with Les Stanford. And in my oponion the expience relies heavily on the salesmen who handling the deal. But my feeling is the only way to tell if your getting a good deal is to do your homework and get competitive qoutes from all over. I hope that the sales guy from les stanford was not offended by my take on the question stated above. Any way good luck to all in your purchase!

Get notified of new replies

To How Does One Determine a Dealership Corvette Allocation Level?

Quick Reply: How Does One Determine a Dealership Corvette Allocation Level?