Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2007 ZO6 1000+ hp Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 08:37 PM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 2007 ZO6 1000+ hp Twin Turbo

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...06/2007/19204/

Video of the car out on the road-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9x1JcFRsH8

Let me start off by saying I love this car. It is awesome in every sense of the word and I really have no desire to get rid of it.

Reason for the (possible) sale is we would like to expand our range and build a turbo Gallardo.

I bought this car new and it currently has 4,300 miles. Absolutely perfect condition top and bottom inside and out. Never sees inclement weather. 2lz w/nav. The car has approx 800 miles since the complete build. It dynoed 643rwhp 594rwtq @ 5.5psi and 854/750 at 13psi, 93 octane.

Gear based boost control makes the car much more tractable on the street and the track. (boost/power increases with each gear change)

Ran 10.6@141mph on the stock tires, 93 octane, hitting 11psi peak in 4th gear.

10.3@152mph , 16psi boost, 11deg timing and 100 octane on drag radials. There's alot left on the table.

The car runs and drives perfect and only the highest quality components were used.

Here are the details of the build-

427ci engine, World Warhawk LS7x block (aluminum, 6-bolts per cylinder), LS7 crank, Callies compstar rods, CP pistons (coated top and sides), pvd coated stainless top ring/ductile second ring, coated bearings.

ETP LS7 heads, 6 bolts per cyl, PSI valvesprings, Xceldyne retainers/locks, Smith Bros pushrods, LS7 rockers w/harland sharp bearing upgrade, Fel-pro MLS gaskets, C5R timing chain, Comp Cam hyd roller, Morel link bar lifters. LS7 intake manifold.

Modified LS7 oil pan w/extra pickup going to external -12 a/n port. Internal volume reduced. Belt driven 3 stage external pump. 2 stages for turbo scavenging, 1 larger section as an additional scavenge stage to the engine (hence the extra pickup in the pan). Dry sump reservoir modified with additional internal baffling and 3 extra oil returns (for scavenge pump).

APS twin turbo system w/jet hot ceramic coated manifolds and turbo housings. Powdercoated air shrouds. Black anodized fuel rails. APS fuel system w/added filters and Bosch Motorsport 100lb/hr injectors.

McLeod RXT twin disc clutch and Quick time bellhousing.

250 amp alternator, Evans water pump, high flow stat

Driveshaft shop cv axles/hubs, differential output shafts, driveshaft.

RPM Level 5 T6060 transmission

Eboost 2 controller w/gear based boost control and shift light. Dynojet wideband.

Tuned with HP tuners 2.5bar Speed Density operating system.

After initial break-in all fluids were replaced with synthetic.

M&H 345 35 18 drag radials on 18x10.5 repros included.

Vettes under cover car cover included.

$60,000+ was invested into this vehicle.

Price is $96,000

jim@speedinc.com
Attached Images      

Last edited by INTMD8; 01-28-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:13 PM
bgreen83
Melting Slicks

NICE CAR! Good Luck on the sale
Old 11-05-2008, 04:55 AM
UAE-corvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default zo6

Pm sent
Old 11-05-2008, 02:07 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Sound like one hell of a car. bump for you
Old 11-05-2008, 05:46 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
Sound like one hell of a car. bump for you
One heck of a car here! wish I could scronge up the cash! there is no way this car could even come close to being duplicated for this price. By the build specs there is still plenty left in her. This is the exact build I would want to do, just a year premature! Good Luck with your sale. Someone is going to get a serious deal!!
Dan
Old 11-05-2008, 10:23 PM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

Thanks guys. I was asked to post a video of the car running and also a few interior pics.

I took a short vid of it in the garage with my digital camera, not very good quality-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cyL0FZZotE

Should have a chance this weekend to take a better video of the car running/driving/etc.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:01 PM
vegasredz062
Melting Slicks

Received 109 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
One heck of a car here! wish I could scronge up the cash! there is no way this car could even come close to being duplicated for this price. By the build specs there is still plenty left in her. This is the exact build I would want to do, just a year premature! Good Luck with your sale. Someone is going to get a serious deal!!
Dan

the only thing i would have done diffrently is ....NOTHING!!

perfectly built car and very realistic price

good luck on the sale!!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:22 PM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Z O SICK
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow! Someone is going to have one hell of a car!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:24 AM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by INTMD8
http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewga...=1&carid=19204

short, poor quality vid of the car running-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cyL0FZZotE

Let me start off by saying I love this car. It is awesome in every sense of the word and I really have no desire to get rid of it.

Reason for the (possible) sale is we would like to expand our range and build a turbo Gallardo.

I bought this car new and it currently has 4,300 miles. Absolutely perfect condition top and bottom inside and out. Never sees inclement weather. 2lz w/nav. The car has approx 800 miles since the complete build. It dynoed 643rwhp 594rwtq @ 5.5psi and 854/750 at 13psi, 93 octane.

Gear based boost control makes the car much more tractable on the street and the track. (boost/power increases with each gear change)

Ran 10.6@141mph on the stock tires, 93 octane, hitting 11psi peak in 4th gear.

10.3@152mph , 16psi boost, 11deg timing and 100 octane on drag radials. There's alot left on the table.

The car runs and drives perfect and only the highest quality components were used.

Here are the details of the build-

427ci engine, World Warhawk LS7x block (aluminum, 6-bolts per cylinder), LS7 crank, Callies compstar rods, CP pistons (coated top and sides), pvd coated stainless top ring/ductile second ring, coated bearings.

ETP LS7 heads, 6 bolts per cyl, PSI valvesprings, Xceldyne retainers/locks, Smith Bros pushrods, LS7 rockers w/harland sharp bearing upgrade, Fel-pro MLS gaskets, C5R timing chain, Comp Cam hyd roller, Morel link bar lifters. LS7 intake manifold.

Modified LS7 oil pan w/extra pickup going to external -12 a/n port. Internal volume reduced. Belt driven 3 stage external pump. 2 stages for turbo scavenging, 1 larger section as an additional scavenge stage to the engine (hence the extra pickup in the pan). Dry sump reservoir modified with additional internal baffling and 3 extra oil returns (for scavenge pump).

APS twin turbo system w/jet hot ceramic coated manifolds and turbo housings. Powdercoated air shrouds. Black anodized fuel rails. APS fuel system w/added filters and Bosch Motorsport 100lb/hr injectors.

McLeod RXT twin disc clutch and Quick time bellhousing.

250 amp alternator, Evans water pump, high flow stat

Driveshaft shop cv axles/hubs, differential output shafts, driveshaft.

RPM Level 5 T6060 transmission

Eboost 2 controller w/gear based boost control and shift light. Dynojet wideband.

Tuned with HP tuners 2.5bar Speed Density operating system.

After initial break-in all fluids were replaced with synthetic.

M&H 345 35 18 drag radials on 18x10.5 repros included.

Vettes under cover car cover included.

$60,000+ was invested into this vehicle.

Price is $96,000

jim@speedinc.com
Jim I have a few questions here for you:
What compression are you running?
What head bolts are you running?
What are the specs on the cam?
What are the powder coated air shrouds?
I know originally there were issues with the rubber hosing APS was suppplying with their fule kits. Did you use there or suplement with the correct hose?
What temp stat?
The evans, any ill effect on daily driving?
The differential, is it just stock with upgraded shafts?
Driveshaft, similiar to ECS's set up? Solid couplers?
RPM T6060, what does the level V consist of? I have the TR56 Level V in my car, same deal but in the T6060?
DTE Brace?
Quick time bell housing, what's the deal with this?
I am not familiar with the E-Boost, is this closed loop like the AMS 1000?
Dynojet Wideband? Surprised you used this as it can't be logged into HP Tuners, correct? Unless they have a new model.
Is HP Tners included? What version are you running?
Is there a wideband display?
What wastegate springs are in the car?
It is tuned up to what PSI? I understand the SD Tune and the 2.5 MAP, good for about 21PSI.
Who did the SD tune? Is it locked?
When driving the car on the street lightly how are it's manners?
Clutch feel and manners compared to stock?
Meth Injection?
Line Lock?
Any brake or suspension upgrades?
Appears that other than the driveline the car is stock, and the boost controller, correct?
What shape are the tires in?

I was going to PM you this but I figured there were some questions other might want answers for.

Thanks, Dan
Old 11-07-2008, 11:25 AM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

Wow, quite a list.

"What compression are you running?" -9.5 to 1

"What head bolts are you running?" -ARP, warhawk block specific

"What are the specs on the cam?"

3716 intake lobe 226 dur @.050 .603 lift with 1.8rocker

3718 exhaust lobe 230 dur @.050 .606 lift with 1.8rocker

IVO 4deg ATDC

IVC 50deg ABDC

EVO 52deg BBDC

EVC 2deg BTDC

"What are the powder coated air shrouds?" -The air shrouds/ducting to the intercoolers were a gold iridite finish from APS. I had it them powdercoated satin black.-

"I know originally there were issues with the rubber hosing APS was suppplying with their fule kits. Did you use there or suplement with the correct hose?" -They updated the fuel line to factory style nylon.

"What temp stat?" 160

"The evans, any ill effect on daily driving?" -I'm using the evans water pump with original coolant. I am not using the evans coolant.

"The differential, is it just stock with upgraded shafts?" -Upgraded shafts and the clutch packs have been shimmed tighter.

"Driveshaft, similiar to ECS's set up? Solid couplers?" -The driveshaft shop shaft is similar in construction to the stock unit though is a larger diameter. Uses stock couplers.

"RPM T6060, what does the level V consist of? I have the TR56 Level V in my car, same deal but in the T6060?" -I believe so. Micropolishing of the gears, billet keys, etc.

"DTE Brace?" -No brace

"Quick time bell housing, what's the deal with this?" -It is a steel explosion proof bellhousing. If for some reason the clutch explodes your feet will still be attached and your windshield will not be shattered.

"I am not familiar with the E-Boost, is this closed loop like the AMS 1000? " - I am not very familiar with the AMS 1000 so I'm not sure what you're asking exactly. It has a map sensor and each set point operates off a preset duty cycle. When you start the car and drive away the gear referenced boost control is allready working.

"Dynojet Wideband? Surprised you used this as it can't be logged into HP Tuners, correct? Unless they have a new model." -It can be logged into HP tuners. Pro interface adapter is wired and in the glovebox.

"Is HP Tners included? What version are you running?" HP tuners not included. I'm using 2.22

"Is there a wideband display?" -There is a wideband display included but it is not mounted in the vehicle. It is wired and the harness is in the glove box.

"What wastegate springs are in the car?" 5.5psi is base boost

"It is tuned up to what PSI? I understand the SD Tune and the 2.5 MAP, good for about 21PSI.
Who did the SD tune? Is it locked?" -The car has been tuned by myself on the dyno to 13psi and at the track to 16psi. At 16psi the injectors reached only 73% duty cycle and the VE table continues on smoothly to 255kpa. Logging the car at higher boost levels would verify air/fuel etc, though I see no indication at this point that more boost would be a problem.

"When driving the car on the street lightly how are it's manners?" -Very smooth and easy to drive. You can cruise it dead smooth at 1000rpm in 6th gear. No noticable lag in any gear, roll into the gas and the power is there pushing you into the seat. Even if you are too aggressive and start blowing the tires away the car is very tractable and stays straight with minimal steering input. Acceleration at wide open throttle is insane and it sounds absolutely amazing under power. I will try to get some video soon.

"Clutch feel and manners compared to stock?" -Pedal effort in my perception is nearly identical to stock. It does not use a heavy pressure plate instead relying on surface area of the twin discs for holding power. Engagement is very smooth but noticeably more abrupt on fast launches.

"Meth Injection?" -No

"Line Lock?" -No

"Any brake or suspension upgrades?" Suspension is stock as I like the way the car rides/handles. Brakes are stock with Hawk ceramic pads and stoptech stainless lines.

"Appears that other than the driveline the car is stock, and the boost controller, correct?" -If you're talking about appearance, yes, it appears completely stock from the outside with the exception of the exhaust tips.

"What shape are the tires in?" Front 80% Rear 30% Drag radials are nearly new.

"I was going to PM you this but I figured there were some questions other might want answers for.

Thanks, Dan"

-Sounds good, thanks

Last edited by INTMD8; 11-07-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:28 PM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

Looks like I won't have a chance to take some on the road video this weekend due to the weather. Should have a chance mid week.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:19 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good work jim I will add that Jims car is beautiful, and you would not be able to replicate this easily.

Good luck with the sale jim, give UGR a run for their money with the TT Gallardos
Old 11-09-2008, 09:55 PM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

Thanks Louis! I appreciate it. UGR and Heffner have set the bar high with the Gallardos but I'd like a piece of the action
Old 11-11-2008, 11:56 PM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

up ^^^
Old 11-14-2008, 07:43 PM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

Up for the weekend ^^^
Old 11-16-2008, 10:34 PM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

Allright, here's a video of the car out on the road. Here's the setup-

My girlfriend was recording in the pass seat, batt on camcorder dying.

37deg outside, very little traction so it got a bit loose. MUCH much better when it's warmer out, but that goes without saying.

I didn't edit it so there are some boring parts. Sorry the radio is on, I should have turned it off.

Boost controller was on set point 2 which is about 9psi, or approx 750rwhp. Still about 300rwhp more on tap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZF2zUrWO6k

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 ZO6 1000+ hp Twin Turbo

Old 11-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Joe0121
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Man, that car is a beast, and i dig your taste in music.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:54 PM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:14 PM
vegasredz062
Melting Slicks

Received 109 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by INTMD8
Thanks!
Amazing car..

you might consider ebay for goof..I got alot more action on ebay.
(there are a ton of people who are not on the C forum that would love this car)..

build a nice auction and take a ton of pictures you will get action.
..on the this forum it will be a miracle to sell..trust me i know

Quick Reply: 2007 ZO6 1000+ hp Twin Turbo