Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Great deal on a Z06

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Great deal on a Z06

Great deals on a Z06!!

I spent almost two years searching for my Z, so I got in the habit of setting up searches and looking for good buys. Just happened to notice these on THE auction site:

2008 Red Z06 in Houston-$41.9k, 40K miles, 2LZ, Nav, black interior, chrome wheels. What a deal! This add has some discrepancies, lower down is says 2006 and 3LT, but the title says 2008 Z06 and the pics show a 2008 Z06 (new console and radio controls on steering wheel. After owning two C6 Corvettes I can tell you 40K miles is nothing to worry about.

2006 Yellow Z06 in Burbank IL for $39.8K 32K miles, 2LZ, Nav, black interior. Any time you can drive a C6 Z06 for under $40k, it’s a good deal.

2007 Black Z06 in Lexington KY for $43.7K. 2LZ black interior with grey wheels, no nav. I see lots of 2007 Z06 cars for $50k and up. This one is realistic and the black exterior with black interior and gray wheels looks great.

Enjoy your Z!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:31 PM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

One important reminder: you get what you pay for.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:38 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Vito.A
2008 Red Z06 in Houston-$41.9k, 40K miles, 2LZ, Nav, black interior, chrome wheels. What a deal!
stop tempting me! thats right around the corner!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:08 PM
JTS97Z28
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those are all high mileage cars. I just picked up my 06 with 7,000 miles for $40,000
Old 02-26-2010, 09:21 PM
ntmyzr1
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

did you find your Z-06 in the area? Private party? I also live in the Chicaago and am looking for a Z-06.

Thanks
Old 02-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Blown04Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default That`s not entirely true....but most often is.

Originally Posted by vetdude
One important reminder: you get what you pay for.
Many times in this capitalistic free for all that we live in, you can get a whole lot more than what you pay for, spending the last decade in the wholesale/retail auto field, has taught me that diligence, research, motivation, market knowledge, and of course having cash on hand can really produce sweet aquisitions. Thereby allowing you to get sometimes way more than you pay for. Of course in the Corvette market those oppurtunities are found less frequently, but definately do exist!!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:06 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

those are indeed amazing deals! i am kinda looking for one right now myself. Will have to keep a look out!

And to VetDude:
yea, true in most cases, but some people do take the time to do what Blown04Z06 mentioned. Case in point, i recently picked up a 07 MB E63 AMG. was hounding the guy for about 3 months. Price negotiating 35% less then what he was asking. guess what, he folded and gave into my offer. After THOROUGH back ground checking on the car, everything came out legit. cash in hand, bought it from the guy. Cash talks, you got it, they need it, they give in. Just gotta do the homework.

Aj
Old 02-26-2010, 11:11 PM
c5goodlife
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by ntmyzr1
did you find your Z-06 in the area? Private party? I also live in the Chicaago and am looking for a Z-06.
Thanks
I see tons of deals everyday but many are not as described when you actually see them first hand. Pictures and descriptions can be deceiving. Make lots of trips and then pull the trigger (now I should listen to my own advice and do it!). LOL.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

I did find my Z after looking for almost 2 years. Not locally.
My advice is to think global and not limit yourself to local cars. Set up saved searches on Auto Trader, Cars.com, eBay Motors, and Jeff Hardy's Corvette locator. Learn to plug in discriminators (mileage, color, or options) that are important to you and rank order by price. Be careful with Auto Trader price ranking. For some reason it will group the cars and just when you are getting into the high priced cars it will have a group of very low priced cars buried. If you use Jeff Hardy’s Corvette locater, pull up the window sticker and use the “email dealer” option and ask for no trade in pricing.

If you are interested in a used car subscribe to CarFax and run a check on it. Learn all you can about factory buy backs and accident reporting history. You can ask other forum members to go view the car for you. I also used a professional car inspector. He charged $149 and it was well spent. His report can help you have problems repaired ahead of time and also give you bargaining leverage. You will learn something on every car you look at or make an offer on. If you put money down on a used car ask for a clause that the purchase is contingent upon your inspection and approval.

Don’t be afraid to commit, but have patience. Have your financing pre-approved and know your criteria. If it meets it, go for it. I passed up a new 2008 JSB 3LZ with Nav and chrome wheels in Pittsburg for $58K. I just wanted to sleep on it overnight. The next morning I could not get in touch with the salesman and it sold that morning.

If you have a trade in, sell it yourself. Post lots of pictures in your adds (use the same sites above) and spend some time writing the add. Be realistic on your price and it will work out.

Don’t be afraid to fly. Airline tickets are cheap compared to the amount you can save on a car in another state. A great example is a member looking at a local 2007 Z06 for $52K. He could potentially save $10k if he is willing to shop around. An airline ticket cost me $126 and the drive home was a blast. We are just finishing up the winter season when prices are best and the 2011 models are right around the corner. Factory rebates are at an all time high. This may be the best time in history for buying a new Corvette.

Best of luck!
Old 02-27-2010, 01:50 PM
c5goodlife
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Very very nice write up. You touched on all the key considerations. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:04 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Vito.A
I did find my Z after looking for almost 2 years. Not locally.
My advice is to think global and not limit yourself to local cars. Set up saved searches on Auto Trader, Cars.com, eBay Motors, and Jeff Hardy's Corvette locator. Learn to plug in discriminators (mileage, color, or options) that are important to you and rank order by price. Be careful with Auto Trader price ranking. For some reason it will group the cars and just when you are getting into the high priced cars it will have a group of very low priced cars buried. If you use Jeff Hardy’s Corvette locater, pull up the window sticker and use the “email dealer” option and ask for no trade in pricing.

If you are interested in a used car subscribe to CarFax and run a check on it. Learn all you can about factory buy backs and accident reporting history. You can ask other forum members to go view the car for you. I also used a professional car inspector. He charged $149 and it was well spent. His report can help you have problems repaired ahead of time and also give you bargaining leverage. You will learn something on every car you look at or make an offer on. If you put money down on a used car ask for a clause that the purchase is contingent upon your inspection and approval.

Don’t be afraid to commit, but have patience. Have your financing pre-approved and know your criteria. If it meets it, go for it. I passed up a new 2008 JSB 3LZ with Nav and chrome wheels in Pittsburg for $58K. I just wanted to sleep on it overnight. The next morning I could not get in touch with the salesman and it sold that morning.

If you have a trade in, sell it yourself. Post lots of pictures in your adds (use the same sites above) and spend some time writing the add. Be realistic on your price and it will work out.

Don’t be afraid to fly. Airline tickets are cheap compared to the amount you can save on a car in another state. A great example is a member looking at a local 2007 Z06 for $52K. He could potentially save $10k if he is willing to shop around. An airline ticket cost me $126 and the drive home was a blast. We are just finishing up the winter season when prices are best and the 2011 models are right around the corner. Factory rebates are at an all time high. This may be the best time in history for buying a new Corvette.

Best of luck!
Nice writeup but Global? How about just Nationwide? The price of the car is limited to whats owed in many cases. If your upside down in your
car. How do you give someone a low price? Well you can't! You owe too much! Just when someone has a low balance or title in hand or dealer low balled and got the trade-in. As my case 2008 2lz 14k very nice but needed tires. 45,900 ended up at 47,100 after delivery anc city tax. Would have been close to 50,000 had I picked it up!
I wanted the 2008. I shopped for 2 months!
Old 02-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08
Nice writeup but Global? How about just Nationwide? The price of the car is limited to whats owed in many cases. If your upside down in your
car. How do you give someone a low price? Well you can't! You owe too much! Just when someone has a low balance or title in hand or dealer low balled and got the trade-in. As my case 2008 2lz 14k very nice but needed tires. 45,900 ended up at 47,100 after delivery anc city tax. Would have been close to 50,000 had I picked it up!
I wanted the 2008. I shopped for 2 months!
I am pretty sure he posted the word global to mean just out of your general geographic area (and not international) but just all avenues where one lists cars for sale all over the U.S, and don't be scared to fly anywhere in US to get a great deal and drive the car back (or have it trailored).

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 02-27-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:03 PM
c6800hp
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great car

scott
ww.unhappymarriage.info

Get notified of new replies

To Great deal on a Z06

Quick Reply: Great deal on a Z06