Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

F/S - 2008 Corvette Supercharged LS3, 6MT, under 1800 miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:45 PM
mcv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default F/S - 2008 Corvette Supercharged LS3, 6MT, 1950 orig. miles

SOLD
My personal car for sale:
2008 Corvette, Arctic White, Black Interior, 1LT, six speed manual transmission.
Price reduced to $45,900 or close.

TVS2300 Magna Charger w/Chrome Coat finish.
Custom ECM Calibration.
New Z06 fuel pump w/Magna Charger electronic fuel control module.
Carbon Fiber Injector Covers.
Callaway C16 Hood.
Callaway Honker Cold Air Intake System.
Kooks 1-7/8" Headers, high flow catalytic converters, X-pipe.
Callaway Double-D Exhaust System.
Take-off GM OEM Z06 brake rotors and calipers, not yet installed.
Body color GM spoiler, door handles, license plate frame.

Purchased new, 1950 original miles, absolutely mint condition.
Never abused or raced. Less than 600 miles since supercharger installation.

Last edited by mcv; 10-21-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:02 PM
mcv
Burning Brakes

I'm getting private messages asking why I'm selling.

To respond to others that might be wondering but not asking:
I'm planning to build a Z06-based car next.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:08 PM
mcv
Burning Brakes

Do you think $54,900 is reasonable? If not, what price would be?
Thanks,
Mike V.
Callaway Cars
Old 07-26-2010, 10:49 PM
SRfastZ
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice car , how much power does it make ?
Old 07-27-2010, 08:34 AM
mcv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SRfastZ
nice car , how much power does it make ?
The car has never been on a dyno. Similar '08 Corvette LS3's with stock exhaust manifolds and cats make 606 bhp @ 6400 RPM. I would expect the ported intake manifold, 1-7/8" long tube headers, low restriction cats and this particular ECM calibration to increase power to around 640-650 bhp.

Still has perfect street manners.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:43 AM
res0n0xg
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mcv
Do you think $54,900 is reasonable? If not, what price would be?
Thanks,
Mike V.
Callaway Cars

To give you my opinion (I'm not in the market, just bought a used 2008 coupe). You can purchase a brand new 2010 1LT 6spd for bottom 40's right now, and add 12k in mods to get around your price. Granted, the mods you have listed are more than 12k, but you can do a full supercharger kit and supporting mods for that and have a brand new car off the floor.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:29 PM
mcv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by res0n0xg
To give you my opinion (I'm not in the market, just bought a used 2008 coupe). You can purchase a brand new 2010 1LT 6spd for bottom 40's right now, and add 12k in mods to get around your price. Granted, the mods you have listed are more than 12k, but you can do a full supercharger kit and supporting mods for that and have a brand new car off the floor.
Thanks. I really appreciate your input on this.

I figured an '08 with 1800 miles realistically goes for around $36K. And I added nearly $20K in extras. I realize that you can't recoup everything you invest (unless a car is an authentic, spec-built Callaway, for example). So I added it up, figured in the discounts that I got, and guessed that $54900 was a good point to start from. It's not necessarily a firm price, though.

I understand what you're saying about the cost of starting with a 2010 Corvette and then $12K worth of additional parts. But, respectfully, I don't think you can add a TVS2300, hood and proper paint, carbon fiber injector covers, headers, exhaust system, cold air intake, new take-off Z06 brakes (in boxes right now) for $12K. And this car is really like brand new.

So do you think that $52K would have been more reasonable to start at?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:34 PM
mcv
Burning Brakes

Got excited at Carlisle to proceed with new Z06.
Price now reduced to $49,900 for quick sale.

Last edited by mcv; 08-31-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 PM
gtmotor
Advanced

Just my opinion from being in the modified car world for a long time... mods rarely even bring back 25% of what was spent on them. Sometimes they actually devalue a car or put it at the same price as a stock example.

Here's an example: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-handling.html

I'm in the market for an 08 Arctic White 6speed with the Z51 package so your thread caught my eye. Your car is beautiful but I'm looking for something that's a little more stock.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:08 AM
mcv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gtmotor
Just my opinion from being in the modified car world for a long time... mods rarely even bring back 25% of what was spent on them. Sometimes they actually devalue a car or put it at the same price as a stock example.

Here's an example: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...-handling.html

I'm in the market for an 08 Arctic White 6speed with the Z51 package so your thread caught my eye. Your car is beautiful but I'm looking for something that's a little more stock.
Good luck with your search. Gotta love Arctic White!

I've been in the modified car world for a long time too. Seems like a long, long time now. For my first hot rod, when I was a teenager, I put a '56 Olds engine in a '48 Ford coupe. That was a while ago.

I hear you about return on investment. Modified cars are usually not profit makers - unless they're cars like Callaway Corvettes or Yenko Camaros, for example - cars that were built to a common specification and are recognized as distinct models.

Having said that, a good car shopper can get a bargain if they can find a car with the package of modifications that they want - already done.

Also, I think the effect on resale price depends on the specific modifications. I think the more radical modifications, like parts that cause a car to be non-compliant, emissions-wise, or parts that require irreversible modifications like cutting or welding can have less value when reselling. Parts that have controversial styling can also reduce resale value. I think that high quality parts that are generally accepted by the Corvette community are considered differently by car shoppers.

I also think that modified car value is proportional to the background of the seller. Is the seller a newbie who's tried a lot of different things on his car? Or has he been through a few of these projects and learned by experience? Did he have a plan and a general direction for what he was trying to accomplish? And how was the execution done? Better than OEM - or backyard shadetree mechanic?

Objectively speaking, my car is really nice. The performance mods provided a significant increase in power (to approx 650 bhp) without negatively affecting drivability or fuel mileage. The parts are all top shelf and the execution is OEM quality, or better. If someone is specifically looking for a low mileage, supercharged LS3 Corvette, I don't think he or she could find a better example, or duplicate it for a lower price.

But some people prefer stock Corvettes and that's cool too. My '69 L89 coupe was very stock.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:53 PM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

Stupid question...........is this an authentic Callaway? I only ask because the FRCs say "Corvette" instead of "Callaway".

If it is a true Callaway,I'd ask a mod to change the thread title to reflect that.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:38 PM
mcv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by redzone
Stupid question...........is this an authentic Callaway? I only ask because the FRCs say "Corvette" instead of "Callaway".

If it is a true Callaway,I'd ask a mod to change the thread title to reflect that.
It's not a stupid question.

This car isn't a Callaway Corvette, and hasn't been presented as such. I'm Commercial Manager for Callaway Cars so my car has a lot of Callaway components. It's excellent equipment.

Unfortunately, we can't put long tube headers and high flow converters on Callaway Corvettes and we can't take the time to port every intake manifold as was done on my car.

This car doesn't have Callaway badging or authenticity documentation and, as you point out, the FRC's read "Corvette", not "Callaway". So it's not a Callaway Corvette, per se, but it's still a very nice car.

Thanks.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:05 PM
sfsvettes
BubbaHut
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default bump for a great car

very nice car, tough market for selling ,, Good luck !
Old 10-04-2010, 08:43 AM
mcv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sfsvettes
very nice car, tough market for selling ,, Good luck !
Thanks!

I just reduced the price to $45,900 or best.

I took it to a Corvette show yesterday in Mystic, CT. About a 90 mile round trip. It drives so nice I'm wondering if starting all over with a new Z06 is such a good idea. This car makes about 645 bhp, a similarly built LS7 will make about 690. Worth the effort, and bucks?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:16 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mcv
Thanks!

I just reduced the price to $45,900 or best.

Great price, someone will get a great deal. What kind of warranty is left after all these mods?

Tom
Old 10-04-2010, 10:00 AM
mcv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
Great price, someone will get a great deal. What kind of warranty is left after all these mods?

Tom
The remainder of the 3 year, 36,000 mile GM bumper-to-bumper is still in place. However, since the car is supercharged, technically, GM retains the option of not covering powertrain parts under warranty. I would recommend that interested parties check with their local Chevy dealer first, if they want to be certain.

As I mentioned above, this car isn't an "real" Callaway Corvette so the Callaway 3 year/36,000 mile warranty doesn't apply.

FWIW, GM tells us that they found that the warranty claim rate for Callaway Corvettes is no higher than for stock Corvettes.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:54 PM
nupsi
Intermediate

Bump for Ya

Get notified of new replies

To F/S - 2008 Corvette Supercharged LS3, 6MT, under 1800 miles

Old 10-18-2013, 05:46 PM
tubesteak
Instructor

Originally Posted by mcv
The car has never been on a dyno. Similar '08 Corvette LS3's with stock exhaust manifolds and cats make 606 bhp @ 6400 RPM. I would expect the ported intake manifold, 1-7/8" long tube headers, low restriction cats and this particular ECM calibration to increase power to around 640-650 bhp.

Still has perfect street manners.
I have the same car 08 , same hood , calloway magna charger with Double D exhaust ,did a dyno and produced 560 rwhp !! Paid 35k with 20 k miles
Old 10-19-2013, 02:50 AM
Lpe403
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tubesteak
I have the same car 08 , same hood , calloway magna charger with Double D exhaust ,did a dyno and produced 560 rwhp !! Paid 35k with 20 k miles
Old 10-21-2013, 08:52 AM
mcv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tubesteak
I sold it to a fellow from Florida back in Fall 2010 who flew up to CT and drove it home.

So 560 rwhp is about 650 bhp (SAE) at the flywheel, which sounds about right.

Great price!

Everything else good?

Quick Reply: F/S - 2008 Corvette Supercharged LS3, 6MT, under 1800 miles