Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2006 Z06 19K Miles "Best of Best Extras" 800 HP

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 10:45 PM
CHOPPER1
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 2006 Z06 19K Miles "Best of Best Extras" 800 HP-SOLD

SOLD..SOLD..SOLD

I bought this awesome car about a year ago. The car has been a blast and obviously gets plenty of attention. I am finding with work, new home projects and a few other hobbies I have had my fun and time to move on. There is well over 100K into this car. This car dynos at about 575 RWHP+/- with no NOS. The car is set-up for a 250 shot and was built bullet proof to withstand a 400 shot. The only NOS that I have put through it was during dyno tuning. I have not raced or tracked the car. It has been mainly a show car and weekend evening driver. Even with the high compression the car is very streetable with high octane fuel. If your interested and the PM box is full my email is tpwinter@bellsouth.net The car is located in Dyersburg, TN. This car was one of the feature vettes with a nice article in Corvette Fever magazine last April 2010.
Asking Price is $52,900. ZR1 performance at half the price!!

This pic is with the optional hood and wheels

First Dyno at Hinson's Motor Sports.

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Price: $52,900 BO
Mileage: 19,200
Exterior: Machine Silver Metal
Interior: Black Leather
Engine: 7.0L (438 CI)
Transmission: 6-speed manual, short-throw (Includes (GU6) Axle, 3.42 ratio.)
VIN: 1G1YY26E365109552
MPG (C/H): 16 MPG/26 MPG
Warranty: AS-IS No Warranty

Finished in machine silver with ebony interior, this vehicle features all options that were available in 2006.
The list of modifications includes:

Custom Motor from renowned Corvette engine builder in CA ... A&A Corvette's. Installed by Late Model Racecraft (LMR) in Houston.

- 442 CID LS7 block Manley flat top pistons with valve reliefs, Callies 6.125" forged rods, Callies 4.125 stroke forged crankshaft, Akerly & Childs "file to fit" ductile moly top ring, Napier cast iron second ring. Clevite "H" bearings.

- A&A Corvette CNC ported LS7 cylinder heads. 1.30" dual springs, titanium retainers, hardened bases, jumbo locks. Stock titanium intake valves, custom stainless exhaust valves. Heads milled to 68CC - final compression ratio: 12:1
- ARP head and main studs
- OE MLS head gaskets
- Custom grind camshaft (114 LSA) with GM performance lifters
- OE rocker arms and pushrods
- Wilson LS7 Billet Racing Intake
- Nick Williams 102 TB
- A&A Corvette custom return style fuel system
- Kook's 1 7/8 Headers with 3 Inch Mid Section
- Stock C6 Z06 Catback with Exhaust
- Zex 250 Shot NOS Set-up, heaters, purge and stand alone fuel system.
(Adjustable up to 400 HP, set at 250 shot)
- Dual Gauges (Fuel and Nitrous) - Custom mounted in cup holder
- RPM Level 5 Transmission with all hardened and upgraded internals
- ZR1 Clutch
- Rear Differential Hardened Output Shafts (Both sides)
- Bilstien Sport Shocks
- MSD Wires with NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
- 360 Spec V Carbon Fiber 20" Wheels
- Custom Caravaggio Leather Covered Dash and Center Console
- Carbotech Brake Pads
- Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- Front and Rear LED Lights
- Over $10,000 in custom stereo work by Custom Car Stereo (JL Audio Amplifiers and Subwoofers) with custom amp rack and boxes
- ZR1 Carbon Fiber side skirts, chin spolier, rear spoiler, lower valence.
-Carerra Sport Seats with carbon Fiber seat shell
-Carbon Fiber twin louvered hood
-PFadt rear tow hook
-Silver headlights changed to black OEM
-Painted top roof halo-black (roof recall has been done)

-I'm sure lots more, but you get the idea.

Vehicle Information
Exterior Options
- Detailed Ext and Int
- Excellent Trim
- No Accidents
- No Body Work
- Glossy Paint
- No Visible Dents
- Original Paint
- No Rust

Exterior Notes
ORIGINAL FACTORY EQUIPMENT
- Headlamps, dual projector lamps, xenon high-intensity discharge low-beam, tungsten-halogen high-beam, includes automatic exterior lamp control, daytime running lamps, Wipers, intermittent, front, Fog lamps, front, integral in fascia, Glass, Solar-Ray light tinted, Mirrors, outside rear view, power, heated, body-color.
Comfort and Convenience Options
- Air Conditioning
- Dual Climate Control
- Power Locks
- Power Mirrors
- Power Steering
- Power Windows
- Cruise Control
- Power Driver Seat
- Dual Heated Seats
- Dual Heated Exterior Mirrors
- Tint
- Leather Steering Wheel
- Daytime Running Lights
- Navigation
- Auxiliary Power Outlet

Interior Notes
ORIGINAL FACTORY EQUIPMENT
- Keyless Access, with push-button start, includes 2 remote transmitters which enable automatic door unlock and open by touching door switch, Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed, Steering wheel, leather-wrapped, smaller, 3-spoke, Antenna, integral, hidden, Windows, power, includes driver and passenger express-down, Head-Up Display, includes dot-matrix readouts for street mode, track mode with g-meter, vehicle speed, engine rpm, and readings from key gauges including water temperature and oil pressure, Defogger, rear-window, electric, Console, floor, lockable, includes 2 covered cup holders, ashtray with cigar lighter, auxiliary power outlet and CD storage, Seats, front bucket with perforated leather seating surfaces, includes Z06 embroidery and contrasting stitching, Tire Pressure Monitor System, air pressure sensors in each tire, pressure display in Driver Information Center, Air filtration, includes pollen filter, Lighting, interior, courtesy, cargo and glove box, Mirror, inside rear view, manual day/night, includes dual reading lights, Instrumentation, analog, electronic, includes Driver Information Center with 2 line display, Seat adjuster, power, driver 6-way, Visors, illuminated vanity mirrors, driver and front passenger, Oil life monitoring system, Door locks, power, programmable, includes lockout protection, Storage, includes lockable glove box, center console and 2 rear compartments with covers (One compartment contains battery on Z06), Theft-deterrent system, push button start, immobilizer and audible visual alarm, Air conditioning, dual-zone, automatic, includes individual climate settings for driver and right front passenger, automatic climate control and outside temperature display, Hatch release, push button open.

I have the factory hood. Factory seats etc.. I also have a set of black powder-coated CCW 505s with Invos mounted, also pictures show a 2nd custom hood for the blacked out look..You can have two looks with the same car. We can discuss what would be included or a combined price for all of the wheels/tires and second custom hood to a potential buyer if interested.

Last edited by CHOPPER1; 05-14-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: New pics added
Old 05-08-2011, 10:51 PM
PureSwank
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If someone bought mine id take yours lol Stephanie built it right.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GLWTS
Old 05-08-2011, 10:55 PM
CHOPPER1
Pro

Originally Posted by PureSwank
They started it..I finished it..LOl
Old 05-08-2011, 10:58 PM
PureSwank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CHOPPER1
They started it..I finished it..LOl
And nicely done. Well find me one who's willing to put down 30-35k on mine and ill put down on yours Lol
Old 05-08-2011, 11:06 PM
2004TTZ06
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got 40k for ya!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:08 PM
CHOPPER1
Pro

And nicely done. Well find me one who's willing to put down 30-35k on mine and ill put down on yours Lol
I may just actually know a guy..He is wanting a Z (has to be black). Send your details to my email..My PM is getting full.
tpwinter@bellsouth.net

Last edited by CHOPPER1; 05-09-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:10 PM
CHOPPER1
Pro

I bought it for 56K a year ago without any CF good stuff. I know it's late and you must have hit the wrong keys..

Originally Posted by 2004TTZ06
I got 40k for ya!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:18 PM
PureSwank
Melting Slicks

I am may just actually know a guy..He is wanting a Z (has to be black). Send your detail to my email..My PM is getting full.
tpwinter@bellsouth.net
I'll get at you Buddy
Old 05-09-2011, 08:32 AM
CHOPPER1
Pro

Quick bump for the Monday morning gang.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:40 PM
mig1980
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

This car is a freak'n work of art. Gosh I wish I had the cash to buy it. Good luck with the sale!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:00 PM
EVILNESS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sell me the seats please Goodluck with the sale buddy.

R.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:49 AM
SCEMO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right Jack did ... but I bought it from Jack. I MISS THIS CAR LIKE CRAZY!

I would buy it back in a heart beat if he still had the original hood ... do you Tom? I heard that the car was tuned down quite a bit ... is that true too?

Last edited by SCEMO; 05-11-2011 at 01:00 AM. Reason: not worth getting into it
Old 05-12-2011, 09:16 AM
CHOPPER1
Pro

Thanks for the positive comments guys..I have had a few PMs and emails asking for a few more pics. Rain is in the forecast today, but I'll get some underside pics, more pics of the seats and a few misc shots requested.

TTT
Old 05-12-2011, 08:48 PM
CHOPPER1
Pro

Got a break w/ the weather. A few more pics added as requested.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:03 PM
DaddyBarlow
Racer

Originally Posted by SCEMO
You're right Jack did ... but I bought it from Jack. I MISS THIS CAR LIKE CRAZY!

I would buy it back in a heart beat if he still had the original hood ... do you Tom? I heard that the car was tuned down quite a bit ... is that true too?
1st off, the car looks amazing! Seems like a good buy.

How many owners has this car had...just wondering.

Does the car run well on 93 octane?

Was the engine de-tuned? If yes, why?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:51 AM
GA$$MAN
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

That Z is amazing! GLWS!

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 Z06 19K Miles "Best of Best Extras" 800 HP

Old 05-13-2011, 12:36 PM
CHOPPER1
Pro

Originally Posted by DaddyBarlow
1st off, the car looks amazing! Seems like a good buy.

How many owners has this car had...just wondering.

Does the car run well on 93 octane?

Was the engine de-tuned? If yes, why?
Thanks for the compliment..the car is great buy!!

I am the third owner.

93 octane is fine..no problems at all.

As much as we would like to say every sale from "seller to buyer" ends up with a "Happy Ending", unfortunately the prior seller and I have a personality conflict over the sale and I will leave it at that.

The post regarding the "de-tune" is inaccurate. I bought the car from the seller advertised as 620 rwhp and over a 1000 whp with NOS.
The seller did not have a dyno sheet and had never sprayed the car. Since the build looked pretty impressive on paper I took her word for it. Some will ask why I did not have it dynoed when I picked it up..well I drove 13 hrs to get it and needed to get back home pretty quickly. There are not many dyno shops open at 6:00 pm on a friday night in Houston. I loaded up and headed home.

I got the car home test drove it about a week and determined a new clutch was needed. I took it to have the new ZR1 clutch installed and later have it retuned. I went to Hinsons and Lane put it on Hinson's dyno. The first pull was 540. Some tuning and we got to about 560. Just recently I took the car to Memphis had the intake changed to the Wilson Billet that I have shown in the pictures and changed to NW102 TB. I also had the NOS changed from direct port to spray plate. The NA rwhp #s stayed about the same (I was slightly disappointed over that considering the Intake and TB change), but the NOS worked excellent. They changed jets a few times. The biggest gain was just under 800HP. Deciding to be on the safe side we left the 250 jet in keeping a smooth 725 RWHP.

So that's the end of a long story..the car was never de-tuned. It was dynoed at two well known shops and produces a solid high to mid 500s and over 700 with NOS.

The post above about detuning is inaccurate. The car was never a 620 rwhp car, but I assure you that it is a mean son of a gun at 560-580.

Thanks for looking and asking questions. Any prospective buyer is welcome to take a look and drive. We can even take it to my techs shop in Memphis and make run on the dyno (you gotta cover that cost though).
Old 05-13-2011, 09:00 PM
DaddyBarlow
Racer

Thanks for the compliment..the car is great buy!!

I am the third owner.

93 octane is fine..no problems at all.

As much as we would like to say every sale from "seller to buyer" ends up with a "Happy Ending", unfortunately the prior seller and I have a personality conflict over the sale and I will leave it at that.

The post regarding the "de-tune" is inaccurate. I bought the car from the seller advertised as 620 rwhp and over a 1000 whp with NOS.
The seller did not have a dyno sheet and had never sprayed the car. Since the build looked pretty impressive on paper I took her word for it. Some will ask why I did not have it dynoed when I picked it up..well I drove 13 hrs to get it and needed to get back home pretty quickly. There are not many dyno shops open at 6:00 pm on a friday night in Houston. I loaded up and headed home.

I got the car home test drove it about a week and determined a new clutch was needed. I took it to have the new ZR1 clutch installed and later have it retuned. I went to Hinsons and Lane put it on Hinson's dyno. The first pull was 540. Some tuning and we got to about 560. Just recently I took the car to Memphis had the intake changed to the Wilson Billet that I have shown in the pictures and changed to NW102 TB. I also had the NOS changed from direct port to spray plate. The NA rwhp #s stayed about the same (I was slightly disappointed over that considering the Intake and TB change), but the NOS worked excellent. They changed jets a few times. The biggest gain was just under 800HP. Deciding to be on the safe side we left the 250 jet in keeping a smooth 725 RWHP.

So that's the end of a long story..the car was never de-tuned. It was dynoed at two well known shops and produces a solid high to mid 500s and over 700 with NOS.

The post above about detuning is inaccurate. The car was never a 620 rwhp car, but I assure you that it is a mean son of a gun at 560-580.

Thanks for looking and asking questions. Any prospective buyer is welcome to take a look and drive. We can even take it to my techs shop in Memphis and make run on the dyno (you gotta cover that cost though).

Thanks for the honest anwsers! I sorry that your buying experience wasn't the greatest. Did you get all the receipts and documention for the engine & transmission build, etc? When was the engine & trans rebuilt?

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:25 PM
CHOPPER1
Pro

Originally Posted by DaddyBarlow
Thanks for the honest anwsers! I sorry that your buying experience wasn't the greatest. Did you get all the receipts and documention for the engine & transmission build, etc? When was the engine & trans rebuilt?

Thanks.
I have all the paperwork and receipts for everything I have done to the car. Including the documentation of purchase and install for the RPM Level V tranny, clutch etc. The research that I have done regarding the actual time and milage of when the motor was built was at about the 10K mark when the first owner had it. I have verified this with Andy at A&A and with LMR. I bought the car with 16K on it and the new tranny and clutch were put in between 16k-17K miles. Both were new parts, not rebuilt. The car currently has 19200 miles on it and has been running great. Probably looking at brake pads within the next 1500 to 2K miles. Carbon wheels and tires are like new and have maybe 1K miles on them. The black CCWs have about 4K on them. I have a very comprehensive file of what I have purchased and done..right down to the "Jake Chicklets" on the quarter panels..I guess I'm OCD.

Thanks again for looking and asking..

Last edited by CHOPPER1; 05-13-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: add info

Quick Reply: 2006 Z06 19K Miles "Best of Best Extras" 800 HP