Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2005 torch red c6 with z51 upgrades, HUD and A&A kit 600+ HP

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 01:02 AM
bwfredette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: 2005 torch red c6 with z51 upgrades, HUD and A&A kit 600+ HP

2005 c6-A4: About 43,000 miles: In very clean condition with no accident: The car is garaged and never been tracked.

You all know the details about the c6 model or can look them up, so here are the extras…

Nice to have items:
Lowering kit, jacking pucks - $100
Cargo net and sun shade - $150
Lloyd floor mats -$100
Wheels powder coated black - $300
OEM road debris deflectors -$150
Tinted windows - $400
Weathershield car cover - $250
Extra wheels 10.5x19 powder coated with 80% tread - $400
New Optima battery - $150
2 Key fobs

Functional mods:
HUD unit - $300
Pioneer NAV head unit. And a backup camera - $900
In console USB port - $20
Gage cluster (FP, wideband O2 and vac/boost) - $500
HP Tuners (included with sale) - $350

Performance mods:
Blisten shocks - $350
Z51 springs and sways (front and rear) - $ 500
Drilled and slotted roters and ceramic pads - $500
Traction monster’s wheel mod (11*18 widened rear wheels) $800
Nitto 555 R2 18x315 tires - $1200

Power Mods:
60 Lbs flow matched injectors - $450
Keene bell Boost a pump – $300
Snow Meth kit - $300
Long tube headers -$1200
Corsa exaust - $600
A&A V2-T trim SC kit w/ 3.4 inch pully - $5800
Ported throttle body - $150
160 degree thermostat -$50
Base tune by A&A - $150
2.5 Bar MAP -$100
102 MM MAF housing and ls7 MAF - $250

I’ve put less than 3000 mile on any of the mods and have babied the car. So if you were looking for a modded vette, this is the right one to buy. Most of the hard work is done. I was planning on keeping her and doing a couple more mods but I got a hair brained idea about building a 1000hp LS3 and that would mean starting over again after I got back to work. I am back to school for the time being and although the young girls at school love the car, I can’t possibly take the time for the car and studying physics: Plus my summer time is already spoken for with 4 kids and boating, so I just don’t have the time right now and I think it is a waste.

I really don’t need the money so please don’t give me any jive low-ball offer. I was rather shocked how much the mods actually cost and how many hours they would take to do. If you’ve never done one then you wont account for all the extra cost that come after you buy the parts, and postage and a call from the shop saying sorry these wheels can’t be widened because they are a few thousandths off, buy another set… trust me it always looks easier on paper.

My prices are being pulled from memory (as are the names) so please don’t flame me over any incongruity (like cover brand or tinting cost) I ‘m just listing on a whim and perhaps as a nice Christmas gift for some one.

Price? If I took low-average sale price for the coupe $21,000 and added the mods alone Parts only without a single cent for the labor I would be asking $37,820; but I know the resale market defines the mods values and so I’m willing to part with her for just that. The value of the coupe + the resale value of the mods I figure $31,999 flat and at that price, no I will not haggle at all. You could not build a car like it for that cost, not even close.

I’ve never tracked her but with the setup she’s running I don’t see her being less than 600 hp and maybe a lot more. I know she’s fast, I’ve skunked every mustang and rice eating car I’ve run up against (on an empty stretch of highway). I had her going at a good clip against a very nice H&C vette on the way to Richmond, and was out in front without being full throttle. When she gets above 35000 rpms its like a rocket was lit and she’s more fun than is legal! But of course I never exceeded 65 mph because I am one to follow the law… spin monsters traction mod is exceptional (the how to thread is in this web forum if you don't already know it). She corners like a dream.

Last edited by bwfredette; 01-03-2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: pics
Old 12-20-2011, 10:26 AM
quadridermx
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any trans/differential mods to support the HP?
Old 12-20-2011, 01:44 PM
bwfredette
Racer

Default A4

Originally Posted by quadridermx
Any trans/differential mods to support the HP?
I forgot to list it as an A4 so no need for trans updgrade with this transmission.

The rear Diff on the 2005 is is it's Quote-Unquote week spot, but that has only manifested itself on severe wheel hop/launching on a sticky track pad, From what I have read. I believe Spin monster also wrote in detail about the 2005 diff.

All the evidence I've seen (given the conditions of the falures in question), there are failures of other model years diffs as well. I bought the c5 after having done the research and found this to be the case, but each to there own. Either way if you trade in the current diff it is a very afordable upgrade to a different model year diff. 500 for a used one and 1,500 for new comp-diff with trade in.

If I ever wanted to run the 1/4 mile I would probaly do a comp diff myself for the added assurance; but on the road there just isn't a need, ashphalt just isn't tacky enough to worry about.

I feel the better use of 1,500 for me if I dont sell, will be a custom cam (blower cam). I considered ECS but I think other race shops without the rep are more fairly priced and certainly know what they are doing too.

After that I liked the idea of forged pistons (about torn between the diff or pistons at that point) But that leads to the idea of why not do a set of ported heads and while I am at it, I mights well swap the crank (it's week compared to a forged one too...) Actualy, do a 402 stroker and now I'm realy making a monster. Of course I could use a bigger head unit then and an 8 rib pully kit... That'll cost a penny...

This is why I bothered to list it for sale... I can't ever seem to have enough. The Diff is just where I decided to stop (for now).
Old 12-26-2011, 12:50 PM
bwfredette
Racer

bump
Old 12-29-2011, 08:30 PM
APSGTO
Racer

About how much power is it putting down? I'd think it would be around 600rwhp with a 3.5" pulley and meth. Is it tuned for meth?

The 05 diff was more of a problem for the 6-speed guys, the auto's play alot nicer with the diff.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Chameleon T/A
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Pics to boostedgta at gmail dot com.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:09 AM
bwfredette
Racer

Originally Posted by APSGTO
About how much power is it putting down? I'd think it would be around 600rwhp with a 3.5" pulley and meth. Is it tuned for meth?

The 05 diff was more of a problem for the 6-speed guys, the auto's play alot nicer with the diff.
Pump gas and meth injection

I had to open the hood to check the pully, it's a 3.4

This set up pulls over 600 easily with a moderate tune. I started with a tune from A&A corvettes. I've been slowly working on it with HP tuners. I still need to get the car on a dyno to dial it in for max power...

I'm listing it for sale with all my tuner gear so the next guy can pick up where I left off. tuning for E85would be trivial with the tuner package in hand but the nearest pump is 50 miles away for me.

Last edited by bwfredette; 12-30-2011 at 02:48 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 01-07-2012, 02:51 AM
bwfredette
Racer

bump
Old 01-07-2012, 08:51 AM
bad2000z
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy $hit!! That's my old car. Wow. I want it back lol

Get notified of new replies