Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2008 JSB Z06 street legal track car 570rwhp/532rwtrq forged motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 11:21 AM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Default FS: 2008 JSB Z06 570rwhp/532rwtrq forged motor 20K miles, $48.5K in mods ZR1 Wheels

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SOLD>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
Whats Up for sale? My 650hp 2008 Jet stream Blue Z06 corvette. Purchased new in March 2008 from Kerbeck Chevrolet in NJ. Delivered enclosed by Reliable Transport. 3M clear guard installed the next day on over 1/2 the car! One owner car. No accidents. Registered /plated in Colorado. My goal was to build the fastest lapping day car I could and still be able to drive to work 2-3 times/week in comfort (weather permitting). I also wanted to be able to drive to the track for lapping days without the need for a tow vehicle/trailer. I accomplished that with a street friendly 570RWHP/532 RWTRQ , 28 MPH highway with all the creature comforts still in place including an Alpine/Dynaudio stereo system, heat, A/C and onstar. Guaranteed to be the quietest C6Z you have ever driven with the Dynamat/insulation.

The build thread on this car is listed here...( many many pictures!)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...ial-intro.html

Price: My goals/priorities have changed in the last year or so and I find myself enjoying the car less on track days ( a total of 5 hrs in the past two years). On top of the $72K purchase price, I have invested over $48.5K IN PARTS/Labor modifying this car as currently listed and I have a large folder of receipts to document this for any potential buyer.

Modification list

Intake......$2580 in upgrades

•Lingenfelter CAI ( Cold air intake) assembly
•Lingenfelter 100mm MAF ( mass air flow) sensor
•LS7 TB ported by LS2 portworks
•F.A.S.T. 102mm Intake ( painted to match GM ZR1 wheels)
•F.A.S.T. Billet fuel rails and Earls –AN plumbing

Heads...$5617 in upgrades

•GM LS7 castings port & polished by LPE including hand smoothing, new valve seals ( 2K miles since refresh)
•Stock titanium intake valves
•Delwest titanium exhaust valves
•PVD coating on all 16 valves for additional wear protection
•Ferra dual spring package from LPE
•Harland Sharp Version 2 LS7 rockers
•Katech LS7 Valve covers ( vented to dry sump tank and painted to match ZR1 wheels)
•Katech LS7 Coil Relocation kit/plug wires
•custom valve cover inserts by Austin Barnet designs
•NGK TR6 irridium plugs

Valve trane ( all installed 7/11…2K miles of use)...$1409 in upgrades

•Comp Cams Camshaft from 21st century muscle cars/LPE
oGrind # 3730R/3734R HR114.0
oPart# 54-00011
o240/248 .643/.651 lift at 114 LSA
•Comp Cams Magnum pushrods
•Katech C5R timing chain
•Morel HIGH RPM link bar lifters

Short Block (12K miles)...$7698 in upgrades

•New LS7 block fall 2009.
•Callies Magnum 4.0” Forged crankshaft
•Katech rebushed GM titanium connecting rods/ARP bolts
•Katech Tensioner
•Diamond Racing Forged pistons ( to fit .927 pin and stock Titanium rods)
•ATi Super Damper
•Fasteners…everything ARP makes for the LS7 including head studs.

Oiling system (same specs as Katech stage II but w/ larger oil capacity)...$3578 in upgrades

•A.R.E. ( Armstrong Race Engineering) stage III dry sump pan ( upgradeable to stage III 2nd scavenge stage)
•Custom Peterson Fluid systems dry sump tank/breather ( 2.5 gallon capacity)
•Katech modified (BLUE) LS7 oil pump
•12AN feed lines
•A.R.E. oil filter relocation kit

Exhaust ...$4432 in upgrades

•Kooks 1 and 7/8 to 2" stepped race headers ( jet hot coated)
•Kooks Off-road pipe ( jet hot coated)
•Kooks Cat pipe for off season use
•B&B fusion exhaust system
•Mild to Wild switch mounted to dead pedal
•Elite thermal abs tunel plate
•AEM Wideband O2 monitoring for tuning ( display mounted in glove box)

Cooling ...$1350 in upgrades

•Ron Davis Radiator ( new spring 2010)
•Integrated tranny cooler (factory oil cooler)
•Pfadt silicone hoses/clamps
•Low/Hi/stock fan switch mounted in cigarette lighter position ( no cutting)

Clutch ...$2850 in performance upgrades

•RPS BC2 billet carbon twin disc with steel flywheel ( new slave, TOB) 5K miles of use since installed.
•Castrol SRF synthetic fluid
•Remote clutch Bleed line

Brakes...$710 in upgrades

• OEM Z06 drilled calipers front/rear
• OEM Z06 drilled rotors front/rear
• OEM Z06 padlets front/rear
• Earls Stainless steel brake lines
• Castrol SRF brake fluid
• LG motorsports spindle duct system

Suspension...$4393 in upgrades

• Pfadt Racing camber kit
• LG motorsports ( Penske shock/hypercoil springs) G2 coilovers
• SKF (ZR1) racing hubs
• ARP wheel studs
• Factory sway bars/bushings

Exterior Modifications ...$8093 in upgrades

•GM ZR1 19” front 20” rear painted silver wheels ..NO REPRODUCTIONS!!!
•Michelin PS2 run-flat ZR1 spec tires ( 2,000 miles since mounted on NEW ZR1 factory wheels)
•2008 GM TPMS (tire pressure monitoring sensors)
•GM ZR1 Facia reinforcement
•Stainless steel body panel mounting hardware
•Upgraded high beam bulbs
•Upgraded Low beam HID bulbs
•HID foglite assemblies to match Low beam color/intensity
•Apsis front fender splash guards ( removable)
•3M clear bra mounted on front facia/hood AND lower half of the car (below the body line) from the front to the rear.
•window tint all three windows

Safety...$1340 in upgrades

•Pfadt Racing 4 point Chassis bar/ Harnes bar
•Phoenix Racing Rear tow hook - fixed
•Phoenix Racing front tow hook - removable

Audio System..$2500 in upgrades

•JVC AVX-810 full screen touch head unit ( XM ready, SD card ready, many features..looks stock!)
•Metra wiring adaptors ( NO CUTTING, factory system can be reinstalled with no sign of aftermarket installation)
•Alpine PDX 4.100 amplifier
•Dynaudio 9” door woofers/mids ( uses factory speaker mount holes)
•Dynaudio Door 1” tweets ( uses factory speaker mount holes)
•Dynaudio passive crossover system
•Boxology Sub enclosure for C6 corvettes ( fits drivers side rear well.)
•Aura 10” aluminum cone subwoofer
•Dynamat Installed on all floor boards
•“Crazy Cowboy” heat insulation under factory carpet.

VIDEOS---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Engine start-up and idle with NPP B&B fusion exhaust cycled on/off. My new camera has a VERY sensitive mic on it so the car sounds louder than it really is but this video gives you an overall idea of how easily the cars starts and idles. Car is currently tuned for the least amount of stop light odor w/o cats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ4zD...eature=channel

Exterior walk around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMdLR...eature=channel

Engine bay walk around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnqiu...eature=channel

Interior walk around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkZDS...eature=channel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have literally turned every nut/bolt/screw on this car with the exception of the rod bolts and the main bolts. The motor was assembled and tuned by corvette forum member Rod Dewild of Dewild Motorsports in Henderson, Colorado. (username: NitrousJunkie and the 2010 PSCA Street Car Supernationals Champion!!!).

http://www.streetcarsupernationals.com/hscontend.html

Special attention has been paid to the braking & engine oiling systems in regards to durability, heat dissipation and performance.

Why am I selling? I’ve been asked that many times lately. Ultimately, The car is WAY too nice to cage and race in T3/T4 NASA or wheel to wheel events which is my next driving goal. Since I do not need a 650hp daily driver, I’ve decided to sell the car now and build a completely caged dedicated track car ( with less power to fit class requirements) a year or two from now. The future owner could literally pull off the 3M clear guard from the car (complete front end and lower ½ of the car since it was new) and the paint would be 98% perfect at 20,4xx miles.

Condition: Overall, this car is in great to excellent condition. 3K of the mileage came from a trip to the Road America back in fall of 2008 to participate in the NCM track event held there. It was the first test of the car and it had no problem handling the ZR1 prototypes while still running its original tires!

Interior: The interior is immaculate. Since the stocks seats are out of the car most of the year in favor of the Sparcos, the seats show very little wear. Car has never seen smoke, food, pets or otherwise. Always is run with weathertech full coverage mats. There are a few small surface marks on the door handles if you look closely ( I should have bought the wife a smaller ring)

Wheels/Tires: 96% perfect. These are hard to find GM factory painted ZR1 19/20" Speedlines. They have 2K miles on them since being installed earlier this year. They will clear ANY brake package available for the C6Z. The tires are ZR1 spec Michelin PS2 run-flats with 2008 TPMS’s

Paint: 98%. Car literally has 3 small (BB sized) chips. I know because I do all the detailing myself (Mequires/Zymol products, disposable microfiber towels, no BUFFERS!). Mostly Power washed and ALWAYS power washed before hand washing ( double bucket method). Clay bar use before every waxing. This car has VERY VERY few of the minor clear coat “spider webbs” most cars get.

Glass: side and rear windows are tinted and are 100% perfect. If this car a fault at all, its the windshield. It is a solid 85% with the normal pitting seen early in the AM hours with the sun in your face. Tint is easily removable but is not too dark. A new windshield would make this car look new from the outside, I will leave that up to the new owner.

Motor/driveline: Excellent! Top end was freshened in July of 2011 and only has 2K miles of use. Transmission and rear differential are running Royal Purple synthetics installed fall 2010. New Coolant installed 7/11. Mobile-1 Oil just changed 11/11.

Shipping: Shipping will be the responsibility of the buyer. I will make myself available for pick-up if you are having the car shipped. I have no means to deliver myself, unless you choose to purchase the car without all the race gear, then you could fly into Denver and I’ll pick you up!

Payment/Fineprint: I have tried to described everything as accurately as possible. I encourage any potential buyer to send me a PM or E-mail at Bowtiguy@comcast.net I'll give you my cell number and we can go from there. Vehicle is available for local inspection/drive for serious buyers (weather permitting).

I will take $1000 deposit upon purchase and the remaining payment within 7 days. Paypal is acceptable for deposit. Bank transfer is preferred for final payment. Bank check will work, but the car will not leave until funds have cleared. Car will be released upon full payment and the title upon the funds clearing.

Trades...

If the car does not sell by summer time, I may be interested in a trade/cash for a good quality complete 1958,1959 or 1960 vette. Numbers matching not required.
Attached Images       

Last edited by bowtiguy; 04-13-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: addition of videos
Old 01-01-2012, 11:29 AM
londonk
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice....... Any trades? What's the price ?
Old 01-01-2012, 11:49 AM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by londonk
Nice....... Any trades? What's the price ?
Left that one important fact out didn't I

The thread has been edited with asking price.

Only trades I would be interested in is a complete 58,59,60 vette. But I don't think I'd go down that road until the car is listed for a while including a 30 day Buy it now/offer listing on E-bay, racingjunk, etc...

Right now, I'd rather have the $$$ to accomplish a few other goals..
Old 01-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta be fast around here (with the edits).

Nice looking ride!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:28 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

good luck with the sale mike i have had the same feelings are you in the past year or so.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:03 PM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

To get an idea how little track time this car has seen. here are my track wheels/tires...
Attached Images   

Last edited by bowtiguy; 03-31-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: sale listing update
Old 01-02-2012, 12:29 AM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Lots of PM's on the track parts for this car. At this time, the only way to own them is to buy the car...

If the car sells before track season and the new owner does not want the track parts..I will list them here first individually.

Otherwise, I'll be holding onto them in case I decide to take the car to the track for a lapping day or two in 2012( The 5.3L in the H3 doesn't have quite the pull at 1/2 the HP )
Old 01-02-2012, 09:57 AM
crownu2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Mike PM me with a price your looking to get for it .....Thank you
Old 01-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Z06Samuel
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great color / parts!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:53 PM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dvandentop
good luck with the sale mike i have had the same feelings are you in the past year or so.
yeah, better to be safe than sorry. I think I'm way overdue for a cage/firesystem ..or I could slow down...

Originally Posted by crownu2
Hey Mike PM me with a price your looking to get for it .....Thank you
PM replied. Price isn't firm and I'm open to reasonable offers.

Originally Posted by Z06Samuel
Great color / parts!
Thanks. I like the color too, amazing in different light. Thats why I protected it from the ground up to the mid body line w/ 3M clear bra. The Parts really do work on the car. It's nice to have such a capable track car in sheeps clothing to drive back and forth to the office.( No wings, decals, ground effects, 6" long splitters that drag on driveways)....... If you can consider any C6Z a sheep
Old 01-05-2012, 10:21 PM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

All Pm's replied to with contact information, thanks.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Joe_Joe
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 89 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Man I really want this car!!!! This is set up PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:20 AM
06x6spdGTO
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you ever thought of trading your car for TWO cars???

One Lingenfelter Certified 2006 Brazen Orange Supercharged GTO M6 - 28k miles 530whp/530wtq

One 2001 Quicksilver/Mod Red C5Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6, Ported Heads, Cam, Intake, Exhaust 463/420wtq. 125kMiles on chassis, under 12k on motor, trans, rear end, shocks, brakes, etc....

Pm Me if your interested as this is a guaging offer for myself as well.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 AM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z06JoeDogg
Man I really want this car!!!! This is set up PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the kind words. I'd like to think its set up pretty well too. Besides a set of 3-way penske's, there isn't much more I could do to it that would improve anything. If I keep the car thats what I will do.

Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO
Have you ever thought of trading your car for TWO cars???

One Lingenfelter Certified 2006 Brazen Orange Supercharged GTO M6 - 28k miles 530whp/530wtq

One 2001 Quicksilver/Mod Red C5Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6, Ported Heads, Cam, Intake, Exhaust 463/420wtq. 125kMiles on chassis, under 12k on motor, trans, rear end, shocks, brakes, etc....

Pm Me if your interested as this is a guaging offer for myself as well.
Besides only having 1 garage space available at this time, the only thing I would be interested in is a 58-60 vette driver. The wife wants thinks they are sexy and I'd like to do a resto-mod version. No project cars , I've already got a 57 Nomad in box's on the Bend Pak

Whats unique about this sale is I can set the car up anyway the buyer requests. If they do not forsee track days in their future, I can sell the car the way it is currently set-up and you have a super clean 650 HP street car with an incredibly clean Dynaudio sound system and NO DRONE interior, No "ground effects" or "ricer wing"

The look is just right with the MTI chin spoiler and the ZR1 wheels/tire package. I'll get some shots in the garage after I finish the detail. Car is clean and clay bared now just three more paint steps.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:06 PM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Default Interior shots...

The shots were taken with out the use of interior dressing such as armorall. Products like that will hide imperfections. The interior is in excellent shape.
Attached Images       
Old 01-08-2012, 11:44 PM
ZMANSZ06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW !!! Bump for an incredible build and what an add.

This guy knows how to describe a sale !!!

Kudo's for a great car, good luck. Anyone will be lucky to get this at this price. See the previous Katech Track Attack car that sold on EBAY.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:11 AM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Curz
All of you clowns who post terrible for sale ads need to take note of this one. THIS is how you advertise.

GLWS

Originally Posted by ZMANSZ06
WOW !!! Bump for an incredible build and what an add.

This guy knows how to describe a sale !!!

Kudo's for a great car, good luck. Anyone will be lucky to get this at this price. See the previous Katech Track Attack car that sold on EBAY.

Thanks gentleman. I appreciate the kudo's.

If you want it done right....I tried to put enough content into the listing to compliment the attention to detail that was put into the vehicle. I make my living at paying attention to detail, so the car is just an extension of what I do...just faster!

BTW, if anyone would like additional pics, just let me know.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 2008 JSB Z06 street legal track car 570rwhp/532rwtrq forged motor

Old 01-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Possibly the most thorough for sale post ever made.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:55 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

The most perfect car I have ever seen for sale on the forum...... Except it's not BLACK
Old 01-11-2012, 01:40 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Dammmm....I want your 'Z....Sweeeet. GLWS.

Quick Reply: FS: 2008 JSB Z06 street legal track car 570rwhp/532rwtrq forged motor