I've decided it's time to sell my 1998 Viper GTS. I've owned it for approximately a year and put roughly 6k miles on it in that time. The car is absolutely immaculate. The paint was meticulously detailed before I bought it and has been kept perfect in the time I've owned it. I always park it under a car cover in an underground garage which isn't susceptible to large temperature swings that wear on rubber seals and other parts. The car has been absolutely great to me. I'm selling because I'd like to free up some cash and get in a C5Z. I drive my fun car a lot and this is just a bit too unforgiving to be putting 200+ miles a weekend on.
This car needs nothing. Everything works, the a/c blows cold and it's never been in an accident. The only thing that may need to be changed depending on the new owner is that I have fixed seat brackets on the driver's seat so the seat can't move from its rear-most position. I did this because I'm 6'5 and the fixed brackets gave me 2 inches of extra head room. I will have the stock adjustable seat bracket put in at my expense if the new owner desires.
As I said I'm looking to trade for a C5Z, preferably making much more power than stock. I would also consider trading for a c6 or a very select fourth gen f body. I'm not interested in stock cars. For a c6 I'm only interested in ls3 cars and I'm not interested in ones with base suspension.
For an outright sale I'm looking for 40k.
On to the details
- Mileage now stands at 36,842 but will go up as I will drive it until it sells. Of course, it's not my daily driver.
- hids in head lights
- blacked out fog & tail lights
- satin black powder coated gas cap
- black viper emblems, rear and side emblems shaved
- 10% window tint all around except for the windshield
- led interior lights
- b&m short throw shifter
- 19inch ccw sp600s satin black
- 345s out back, 285s up front, tires are nitto invos
- lowered on eibach pro springs, as low at it looks I surprisingly don't have a problem with going straight over speed bumps
- gen 3 big brake upgrade all around, the most common performance related complaint with gen 2 vipers is the brakes are too weak. This mod fixes that.
- 2 piece drilled and slotted bear rotors
- b&b headers, high flow cats and cat back
- roe racing smooth tube intakes
- k&n filters
- Leather E-brake boot and shift boot
- Aftermarket shift **** from sickspeed, also have MGW gripper ****
- JVC head unit with CD player, integrated MP3 hook up and upgraded speakers
I haven't dynod the car but it should make roughly 430rwhp
For those not familiar with these cars, the 96-99s have forged motors. So if you were so inclined, bolt on TTs and make mid 800s rwhp without a problem.
Car is located in Northern Virginia
Above are pictures I took from the for sale ad from which I bought the car. I used those pics because they're much higher quality than the ones I take with my own camera. The car is just as immaculate now as it was when I bought it. Below are pics I've taken to show nothing has changed.