Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Really Wasted My Time and Thiers

Old 08-01-2013, 02:18 AM
z76232
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Really Wasted My Time and Thiers

Found what I thought was the perfect Z06 in my price range(less than $40K) The ad was for a Red 08 Z06. Really talked it up. Suppose to be in perfect shape etc.. etc.. Even went as far as looking for a flight when I realized the ad was missing some very important information and I forgot to ask, how many miles. I called back and he said it was very low mileage at 52,500. This is not low mileage on a Z06 this is someones daily driver. Heart broken I said thanks but no thanks. He was a little pissed at me but this is not what I wanted. If this sounds like something someone wants, PM me and I'll give you the info. Getting tired of the search. Went and looked at a black one here in Phoenix with only 29000 miles on it and it had so many rock chips on it, it looked like it had freckles.
I know there is someones toy out there in my price range. I have a friend in CA who has a beautiful black one I'm only a couple grand shy of. Maybe it will still be there when I come up with some more money. If someone knows of a beautiful Z in my price range, please PM me. And another thing, guys put the mileage in your ad.
Thanks guys
Dave P.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:52 AM
Trunkflapper
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a nicely modified LMB 07 Z06 with 31k miles on it. No rock chips, in very very good condition for $40k. 2LZ. Very nice car. Let me know if you're interested. Located in Dallas.

Quincy
Old 08-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Top_Fuel
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by z76232
...Even went as far as looking for a flight when I realized the ad was missing some very important information and I forgot to ask, how many miles.
Don't get worked up about any Z06 until you know the mileage, you have the VIN and run a Carfax/Autocheck, and have someone run a GMVIS report on it. My observation has been when someone puts "low miles" in an ad instead of the actual mileage, they're either a moron or they are hiding something. A good seller who has nothing to hide should also be happy to provide you with the Carfax. I don't understand people selling a $40K+ car, but they won't spend $30 for a Carfax or Autocheck report to make their car more appealing to buyers. I see that on eBay all the time.

Good luck with the search.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:43 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

Not sure how you forgot about asking about miles, thats the first thing I want to know..Good luck, the search is half the fun/
Old 08-01-2013, 10:09 AM
meinersk
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

And sometimes its takes buyers awile to relize that what they are looking for does not exist in there price point...you want perfect? Be prepared to pay for it....
Old 08-01-2013, 11:54 AM
x88
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by boraxman
Not sure how you forgot about asking about miles, thats the first thing I want to know..Good luck, the search is half the fun/
Totally agree!
Originally Posted by meinersk
And sometimes its takes buyers awile to relize that what they are looking for does not exist in there price point...you want perfect? Be prepared to pay for it....
Wrong. Just need to look harder. You won't find a "perfect" one in just a few days or weeks. It may take months, but you'll find it. I've been on the hunt for about half a year and I'm in no rush at all... just like boraxman said half the fun is in the search.
Now some people are impatient in which case they will pay a few extra $$, or get a different color than they wanted. Me, if paying 40k cash for a car it will be EXACTLY what I want. I have other toys to keep my occupied while I'm hunting anyway.
Good luck OP you'll find it
Old 08-01-2013, 12:42 PM
BillB3672
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Don't think you will find a good Z06 @< $40K

I don't believe you will find a c6-Z06 that is in the shape and with the mileage you are trying to buy for under $40K! If you are looking for a clean Z06 in the Phoenix area I would suggest checking with Vette Culture in Mesa. They have the cleanest Z06’s I have seen in this area. They are at Higley and Mckellips. You need to set up an appointment. Check out their web site.
Good Luck
Old 08-01-2013, 01:12 PM
z76232
Drifting

Thanks for the offer and the advice. It is true, I'm paying out $40K that I saved long and hard for and do want perfect. If I have to save a little longer to get the color, shape and miles I want, I will. I'm only a couple grand away from a perfect black Z with less than 10K miles. As far as not asking the mileage Boraxman, I will admit that was stupid on my part. It was a great ad. Made the car sound like everything a person would want. Just got excited I guess. I do agree with Overd0s3 though that the car I want is out there.
As far as Vette Culture goes, I did stop in and look at what they had to sell. Talked with a guy named Gino. Real nice guy but really had the big eye on their cars and wasn't completely truthful about things. Instead of telling me the black 06 Z I was thinking about buying from a guy here in town was consigned with them. He told me it was theirs and I had to pay 10% AZ. sales tax on top of the $5000 more than what the owner of the Z said he would sell it to me at. Something just felt real shady there and I left and quickly called the owner of the Vette and told him I wasn't interested. I will say that they had some beautiful cars though.
Thanks again Guys
The Hunt Continues
Dave
Old 08-01-2013, 02:34 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hang in there Dave...It'll happen. Maybe there is way my Z06 will end up in good hands with you. I'll know more by Saturday. And as far as the criticism you're getting for not asking the mileage of that one Z... I can think of a thousand things that I should have asked about other situations and simply forgot. Heck, my wife knows how many times I've forgotten something important like that!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:57 PM
z76232
Drifting

Thanks John, your one of the good guys and I would be honored to own your Vette. Beautiful, loved and cared for.
Dave
Old 08-01-2013, 04:05 PM
badgv0h
Cruising

Originally Posted by Trunkflapper
I have a nicely modified LMB 07 Z06 with 31k miles on it. No rock chips, in very very good condition for $40k. 2LZ. Very nice car. Let me know if you're interested. Located in Dallas.

Quincy
He may have,but see if you can get pics from him,so far nothing.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:11 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trunkflapper

Quincy
Originally Posted by badgv0h
Key word...."modified".
Old 08-01-2013, 04:22 PM
JT Metal
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

There is a line of buyers willing to bring cash to the table under $40g. However the line of clean low mileage Z's in in that price range is very limited.
I posted an '06 LMB Z at $45g with 16k on it and was told to lower the price. ???? To what $36g? Haha! Still have it.
Cash talks.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Mregor
Instructor

Originally Posted by BillB3672
I don't believe you will find a c6-Z06 that is in the shape and with the mileage you are trying to buy for under $40K! If you are looking for a clean Z06 in the Phoenix area I would suggest checking with Vette Culture in Mesa. They have the cleanest Z06’s I have seen in this area. They are at Higley and Mckellips. You need to set up an appointment. Check out their web site.
Good Luck
They do indeed have a good selection but they are asking new car price for a 5 year old car. 2009 for $59K? That's not a rare example, every single car they have is ridiculously priced. Not to mention the 9% tax you'll pay buying from a dealer. Cheaper to buy a brand new 2013 from forum dealer and ship it. They are the last place I'd consider unless I won the powerball.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:05 PM
x88
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by badgv0h
Yes I've attemted to get photos for a few weeks. Still have nothing.

Originally Posted by Mregor
They do indeed have a good selection but they are asking new car price for a 5 year old car. 2009 for $59K? That's not a rare example, every single car they have is ridiculously priced. Not to mention the 9% tax you'll pay buying from a dealer. Cheaper to buy a brand new 2013 from forum dealer and ship it. They are the last place I'd consider unless I won the powerball.
I agree 99%! If I won the powerball I'd be getting myself a Gumpert Apollo, not an overpriced vette

Get notified of new replies

To Really Wasted My Time and Thiers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Really Wasted My Time and Thiers