Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Deal Fell Through. Still looking for Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 09:09 PM
z76232
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Deal Fell Through. Still looking for Z06

After I had a deal made and was arranging funds and plane fare I get an e-mail that says someone offered him more money and he rather have the cash than honor his word. Jerk knows who he is and I don't think we will hear from him on here anymore.
After all of that, if someone with integrity has a Z06 with-in 500 miles or so of Phoenix and is willing to deal honestly. I have $39K cash with just enough left over to purchase a plane ticket, return gas and tax and tags. Please PM me or send what you have to email rbbuddy@***.net Please no high mileage daily drivers. Color is not that big of deal.
Thanks Guys
Dave
Old 08-06-2013, 12:09 AM
tt350z
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not saying that he is right but come on.... You cant get mad at the guy.... Money Talks.... You know how many times I have been told hold it for me and I pass up on people with money in hand and some how end up getting screwed by the same person that says hold for them..... Dont get mad if it was ment to be it would be yours
Old 08-06-2013, 01:07 AM
z76232
Drifting

I think what you just said is what's wrong with this Country now a days. Everyone thinking money, money , money. I grew up in the 60's and 70's where a man's word meant something and you couldn't buy it for any amount of money. If I tell you I'm am going to do something, I'll be dam if I'll sell my integrity for any amount of money. I know there's another car out there and it's not the car I'm pissed at, it's the seller. I believe in karma or someone or something looking out for me and I agree with the last part of post.

Originally Posted by tt350z
Im not saying that he is right but come on.... You cant get mad at the guy.... Money Talks.... You know how many times I have been told hold it for me and I pass up on people with money in hand and some how end up getting screwed by the same person that says hold for them..... Dont get mad if it was ment to be it would be yours
Old 08-06-2013, 07:19 AM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bottom line here is that the seller is a chump. Period. In his mind, he never met Dave in person, won't ever meet him anyway so why not screw him and get more money for his car? What do you mean, don't get mad at the guy? I WOULD BE PISSED! They had a gentleman's agreement and in my book, that is a deal. If there were to have been a deposit put down, I certainly believe that this clown would have done the same thing but hopefully returned the deposit. I have no reason to believe that he wouldn't have returned it.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:19 AM
GO4URS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '09-'11-'12

A person's word should be good as gold, but as you can see, it doesn't mean a thing. You will find the right car for you, just try to be patient!!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:41 AM
greatone61
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JJC5
Bottom line here is that the seller is a chump. Period. In his mind, he never met Dave in person, won't ever meet him anyway so why not screw him and get more money for his car? What do you mean, don't get mad at the guy? I WOULD BE PISSED! They had a gentleman's agreement and in my book, that is a deal. If there were to have been a deposit put down, I certainly believe that this clown would have done the same thing but hopefully returned the deposit. I have no reason to believe that he wouldn't have returned it.
Agreed!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Longbow
Instructor

Originally Posted by z76232
After I had a deal made and was arranging funds and plane fare I get an e-mail that says someone offered him more money and he rather have the cash than honor his word. Jerk knows who he is and I don't think we will hear from him on here anymore.
After all of that, if someone with integrity has a Z06 with-in 500 miles or so of Phoenix and is willing to deal honestly. I have $39K cash with just enough left over to purchase a plane ticket, return gas and tax and tags. Please PM me or send what you have to email rbbuddy@***.net Please no high mileage daily drivers. Color is not that big of deal.
Thanks Guys
Dave
Dave,
Know that there are good people in this world and don't let this ******** change your morals. I had the exact same thing happen to me when I sold my vette. As I was pulling it off the lot where it was being advertised, a gentleman stopped me and asked if it was still for sale. I said that it just sold and told him how much it sold for. He offered me 1k more and when I said no, he added another 500. I told him if the deal fell thru that I would take his number but for now it is sold. I am not putting myself on a high moral ground but to me, this should be normal. Don't let this fin douchebag get you down. One day, it will come back to him.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:03 PM
tt350z
Racer

If there was a deposit down then I could understand. But there was nothing but your word that you were going to buy it and if you have sold thing before im sure you could understand that. If someone walks up and says they want to buy it then why not sell it to them. I feel your pain and have been on both sides of the table but I didn't get mad at the seller I just thought about how things happen for a reason and if it was meant to be it would have happen......
Old 08-06-2013, 01:11 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

A deal is a deal. Someone who pulls a stunt like that has no character. I for one would be glad that I didnt buy car from someone like that. If they are willing to pull a move like that who knows what else they might be trying to

gl with your search
Old 08-06-2013, 01:15 PM
z76232
Drifting

tt350z here is a copy of the last e-mail before I went out the door to the bank and a copy of the e-mail the next day. What would you think.
Dave
Still working on the schedule but Tuesday should work; will that work for you? We can pick you up at the airport and take you to Jeff's home. Then you can pick up all the paperwork and see the car in it's native habitat before hitting the road.
Greg

Dave,
Jeff got a higher offer (and deposit) on the Z06 this evening. The deposit is good until Friday (8/9) as the buyer has to leave out of town for business until Thursday night. I will definitely email you and let you know the outcome. The way I look at it, the car is not sold until he comes back with a cashiers check for the full amount by Friday.
Thanks,
Greg

I would think we had a deal set and any man with any morals would honor it.
Dave
Old 08-06-2013, 01:26 PM
1BDRSK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Why does it look like you had a deal with a middle man? Why were you not dealing directly with the seller?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:31 PM
avalonandl
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 18 Posts

If you had a deposit then you should be reimbursed expenses.

Avalon
Old 08-06-2013, 01:34 PM
z76232
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1BDRSK
Why does it look like you had a deal with a middle man? Why were you not dealing directly with the seller?
Said he was selling it for his Boss. Everything looked legit. Reputable Business man in CA. Who knows, could have been a scam all along and like I said in my other post, I believe in karma or someone was looking out for me. The car was posted in the forum but on Craig's list all over the country also. Guy said someone stole his ad. Still on Craig's List and on the forum. Just moving on. But feels good to vent a little.
Dave
Old 08-06-2013, 01:46 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
A deal is a deal. Someone who pulls a stunt like that has no character. I for one would be glad that I didnt buy car from someone like that. If they are willing to pull a move like that who knows what else they might be trying to

gl with your search

When I sold my 2001 vette convert on eBay I had multiple people who had made offers and I was negotiating with when a buyer in Missouri came along and bought it for the buy it now price.

Immediately after that happened two of the people I had been dealing with then offered me a thousand more if I would cancel the sale and sell it too them instead.

On eBay all automotive sales are considered by the official rules to be non binding and can be canceled for any reason by either party. I thanked them for their offer but told them that I felt obligated to complete the original deal that had met my asking price. My thought was they had their chance to buy it for the same price and if you snooze you lose.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:54 PM
1BDRSK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Said he was selling it for his Boss. Everything looked legit. Reputable Business man in CA. Who knows, could have been a scam all along and like I said in my other post, I believe in karma or someone was looking out for me. The car was posted in the forum but on Craig's list all over the country also. Guy said someone stole his ad. Still on Craig's List and on the forum. Just moving on. But feels good to vent a little.
Dave
I remember those ads. As much as it's a pi$$er and yes Karma will get them...sounds a little fishy....and you'll probably do better dealing direct with someone rather than through their flunky.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:56 PM
greatone61
Instructor

Dave
Ahhh Orange County!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:48 PM
vettera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If he agreed to sell to the OP as long as the OP made his finance arrangements within a reasonable amount of time (I'd say a week or less) then the guy should have kept his word and sold to the OP.

Get notified of new replies

To Deal Fell Through. Still looking for Z06

Old 08-06-2013, 03:04 PM
x88
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I've sold 9 (personal) cars, the latest was the V. I had a buyer go through financing which took about 2 months. 2 weeks into it I requested a deposit and he had no problem doing that. During that time I've had emails and calls about the car- I simply told them the car was on hold until further notice. Had he stopped contacting me and/or declined a deposit then I would have considered it off reservation. 2 long months later he rode off with the car, both parties very satisfied.

How people can go against their word over a grand is nuts. All you have is your word and your ***** (no pun intended), money comes and goes.

OP sounds like you are trying too hard. It's kinda like finding a woman, can't try too hard, the good ones kinda show up in your life.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:25 PM
ttboost1
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

I have been offered more money on 90% of my cars I have sold over the years before the buyer picked it up.

A grand total of ZERO times, have I accepted more moeny after a deal has been reached. It just bad bussiness, and bad karma.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:14 PM
ZZ
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Hope you find the right car for you, an honorable seller who has enough character to honor a deal, and that all works out for the best.

Similar story here a few months ago with a Z06 here on CF. Offered seller's asking price, made arrangements, call the tuner shop where the work was done to answer some questions and the tuner says "Uh, you better check with the seller because someone just called me a couple hours ago and said he is the new owner". Seller didn't even have the decency to notify me that he had sold to someone else. I guess that is what really annoyed me the most, more so than selling it out from under me. In the end, it all worked out for the best. I swore then I'd never deal with a private party again, and I didn't. I found the right car at a dealership from Autotrader/eBay Motors.

Quick Reply: Deal Fell Through. Still looking for Z06