Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

[Sold] 2005 Lingenfelter/Cartek LS7 C6 - Daytona Sunset Orange - 29,247 orig miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 01:17 PM
TANGLVR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default [Sold] 2005 Lingenfelter/Cartek LS7 C6 - Daytona Sunset Orange - 29,247 orig miles

UPDATE 12/1 - had requests for some videos and a walk around - was a bit chilly in the 20's so traction was even more of a challenge than usual....I'm chatting with a couple interested parties and the reserve is close to hitting on ebay but no commitments as yet. Here's the link to a couple more pics and a few vids...be patient with the loading it was taking a while for me but the vidds are there.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2c.JPG

UPDATE 11/28 - I've had two requests for recent pics...I took some today and some are from earlier in the year at the link below - Note that the car looks precisely like all the pics I have posted---has had the 3M bra on since delivery, other than the rocker scratch, body-color rear window back edge, body-color grill this is in pristine condition. The car stayed in locked, indoor storage between the months of October and April EVERY year except this one (as we don't get winter access to the fairgrounds - owners charge minimal storage fees but head to FL for the winter so it's locked an unavailable for 6-7 months) and selling this year means I had to keep it out of storage so that's the ONLY reason it's out now. THe last 9 pics are today (THXGIVING) and others from this year).

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=35d6e...ACBF1DF6%21523

There is NO balance owed on this car - I have the clear title in hand and can sign over immediately upon payment received and verified as cleared.

The original owner is a professional photographer - the car in the pic is the car, not doctored or rendered. Background images were changed for effect (orange color, etc), but not the car.

Well after having the C6 for five years and three months, and putting a whopping 14k miles on it other forthcoming obligations (marriage and home buying), and the fact that I don’t use it very much, have helped me reach the conclusion to part ways and sell it.

As a discerning individual like myself you will want to know all there is about the car, so this will be long indeed. However, it will be comprehensive and beneficial to us both as you will get your info and I will be left with a handful of buyer-specific questions instead of a million.

Over 100 pics at links below:

LINK TO CAR PIX: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...GnLbJSZBVkIiVM

LINK TO PARTS PIX: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...Mlh-JG0zpYBpug

I think it's assumed, but thought to call this out, this is listed on multiple sites and for sale locally, first to commit wins.

======================================== ======================================== ===========================

What better way to get it ready to sell then to have the heads rebuilt, new double roller timing chain (I broke it), brand new FAST intake in black (old white one was cracked), new belt. All work was done at/for Berwick Chevrolet in Berwick PA and I have the receipts. Note they have just been bought out by 4 local Chevy dealers and now do business under Berwick Professional Auto Group. But the same Service Manager is there and if need be you can chat with him. $4600 bill.

And what better way to get it ready than fix the nagging clutch issue I had (thought it was a trans which was why the extra parts include a 25k 2006 Z06 trans). One night had the clutch pedal stuck on the floor when starting. Brought to Cottman in Wilkes Barre (hey, car was stranded not a lot of choice and no speed shops around here). Found out that the shop that installed the Spec Twin Clutch 7k miles ago did it incorrectly and the front input of the torque tube was worn down. I just don’t see it if you see the pic of the original torque tube which is included with all the parts in this sale - but whatever. So brand new OEM torque tube, new Z06 clutch, slave, t/out, master and flywheel all done. Guy knows Rockland Transmission who, even for my power levels, recommended and personally use the stock Z06 clutch. Surprised me but so far seems like the right call, good pedal feel, no complaints – have all receipts. $3500 bill.

So YOU get to avoid $8k in bills and get all that NEW as of Nov 3 having under 2k miles (I broke the timing chain less than 48 hours after getting the car back after the driveline work – pissed is not even close to the word for it but that’s why I quote the miles on both major repairs as the same. In reality the driveline might have 120 miles more on it than the heads, etc.)

OK lets get into the weeds on it…

2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 Coupe with Z51 Package with a Lingenfelter/Cartek 427 putting out 520hp/500tq to the wheels (607/588 at the motor). DSOM – Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic. Purchased in August 2008. Original Owner had the motor, suspension, headers and driveline, head unit (audio/video), interior upgrades installed appx January 2007. I bought the car with just shy of 15k miles. The car now, as of November 4, 2013 sits with just 29,247 original-odometer-matching miles. If you check the ebay listing (seller ID mkm2472) you will see a full Experian Autocheck History report - no issues whatsoever.) VIN is 1G1YY24U755125813 if you'd like to do your own checks.

Recent work done (have receipts) and reasons include:

· Driveline: Coming out of winter storage the past two years I heard a steadily-increasing vibration at low speed and some high-speed whining. I thought I’d enjoy the car in this summer, not put it up for winter storage, and have the repairs done in the winter. No dice. One Sunday in April having the car out of winter storage all of 2 weeks I start it and the clutch pedal is on the floor. The repair shop diagnosis- improper clutch installation (Spec Twin) which caused the input shaft to be worn in half also damaging the flywheel. $3500 repair – all brand new GM parts including the torque tube, driveshaft, flywheel and a Z06 clutch.

· Motor: Getting the car back from the above repair I am on day 2 of having it, take off from a light, shift to second, punch it and it dies and coasts to a stop. Wanted to crank but won’t. So off to Berwick Chevrolet. Broken, double roller timing chain, bent intake valve on 3, bent exhaust valve on 7, cracked FAST 92 Intake. Heads were rebuilt by a local shop who builds NASCAR motors and was done under the dealer umbrella. $4600 repair and have a rebuilt set of heads, brand new FAST 92, brand new timing chain, etc etc. Also during this repair the Roof Panel and Service Active Handling TSBs were taken care of.

Here are the details of the car when I bought it to be followed by the changes I made to it since:

EXTERIOR:

Very minimal chips or scratches as you can see in the pics and the body-color grill, which doesn’t have the clear bra. Original Owner had a 3m clear bra installed right after purchase. It’s across the front end, 1/3 up the hood, on the back edges of the wheel wells and backs of the mirrors. This car essentially has no rock chips, nicks, nothing across all the leading edges you usually see on a car where rocks, etc. have marked it up.

Car is lowered and has adjustable ride height through the Pfadt adjustable (height and stiffness adjustable) coil-over shocks. Body colored front grill. 427 Badges. DSOM rear license plate surround. Z06 rear spoiler and the mesh side screens.

INTERIOR/AUDIO:

Heads up display. Body color center console and gauge pods. Body color top dash vent, speaker grills (right passenger could use a retouch), JL Stealth sub box. Lingenfelter logo black floor mats purchased by original owner when he had them install the 427.

Pioneer Avic Z2 touchscreen, DVD/NAV headunit WITH Bluetooth and iPOD units installed. Infinity two-way speakers in doors. Two way Infinity speakers in back. JL Audio 10 inch dual voicecoil sub. JL Amp matched to and dedicated to the sub. 4-way amp for other speakers. 5-way Alpine amp included in sale (new) – with the top-dash speaker and the 5 channel Pioneer DVD head unit it would be perfect for surround sound 5.1 channel setup…just never got around to installing it.

Only thing I have not finished is the amp board. I mounted the amps on a board and have been meaning to build an enclosure with fans, etc, bondo it and body-color match it to everything else. Never got to it.

Last item is the K40 radar detector. It’s installed behind the front and rear bumpers (for front and rear radar detection) and has a laser jammer in the front. Under the dash within easy reach while driving is the city/off/highway and volume selector. Green on highway, orange on city mode you can see through the bottom of the steering wheel. The only noticeable parts inside are the small (half a pencil eraser sized) red lights I had mounted on the bottom of the inside of the gauge surround. Left blinks the radar is in the front, right the back. And mounted at the top, center of the windshield surround above the mirror are the two small (dime sized) piezo tweeters for the audible chirps. The AVIC microphone is mounted there as well. The laser jammer is mounted in the front bumper opening on the top edge. Since I've been a member of the Fraternal Order of Police I've had no need to a radar detector but it was put in before I joined.

SUSPENSION/BRAKES:

Upgraded to Z06 sways. Adjustable Pfadt Coilovers (ride height and stiffness adjustable) – removes the transverse leaf springs making the car truly independent suspension. I can honestly say this upgrade and the same I did to my previous C5 is one of the single-greatest upgrades. Separate from trying to sell this car – get yourself coilovers if you are just a reader of this. The increase in handling is incredible, ability to balance the car 50/50 front/rear and side/side is fantastic. And you can slam the car and when you’re just cruising around it rides so much better than stock. Brakes are Z51 factory – actually pads are fine but the rotors could benefit form being turned so might as well upgrade pads to HPS Plus at the same time – really the only upgrade left to do on the car unless your going to blow it or spray it.

WHEELS/TIRES:

Wheels are Ace hyperblack Z06 style one inch wider front and rear. See pics –there are some nicks and scrapes. Tires and BFG g-force KDW2. Plenty of meat left.

MOTOR/EXHAUST:

Car started with the Stock LS2. Orig owner put in a Lingenfelter 427 –Z06 block, Stage II Lingenfelter heads, FAST Intake, Lingenfelter Air Intake, AR longtube headers, racing cat x-pipe, and had B&B Route 66 exhaust. Changed the Exhaust to what’s now on it a CORSA Sport with the quad angle tips - car sounds/drives like nothing special when you want to cruise or putt along - but floor it and you know it's packing something special!!! After purchase I drove back to NJ and had Cartek take a once over. They found that the number 8 cylinder sleeve was spinning in place causing the greater loss of compression in that cylinder than the others. For whatever reason Lingenfelter took a stock LS7 and punched out the steel sleeves and resleeved. Don’t know if they were buying blems from GM, had a better sleeving process and this one just went bad, whatever. So had to buy a new Z06 block – silver lining this is the revised block with more materials at the bottom end as some first-run z06 blocks people were putting high hp to were flexing under high load and burning out journal bearings. Pistons were slightly too small for the new block so new Mahle pistons installed at that time and did a DeWitts Dual Row aluminum race radiator with oil cooler - stock LS7 oil lines and adapter used to run from motor to oil cooler. Buttoned it up, new seals, timing chain, pulley, gaskets, etc etc etc, - dyno’ed and it’s been altogether until I broke the timing chain this summer. Has a breather and a PCV catch can as well so the oil blow by from the motor doesn’t get put back into the air flow into the motor.

Broke the timing chain this summer, bent two valves, Berwick Chevrolet replaced timing chain and FAST Intake (all gaskets, etc), they had a local race ship rebuild the heads, reassembled, they did the Roof Recall and the Service Column Lock Recall and done deal.

DRIVELINE:

Stock Z51 trans (closer ratio first through third I believe, better bottom end accel – do a search for differences). Rear end is a Dynotech Stage 4 rear – cryo treated, 3.90 gears, hardened output shafts (both), micro-polished on the inside (to reduce temps), and the DTE Transmission brace tying it to the front of the trans and wrapping around the diff (stock it wants to shear off the back end of the trans just from the natural forces of acceleration). BRAND NEW Torque Tube (OEM right from GM), brand new Z06 clutch and all associated parts including master/slave, and brand new GM flywheel. All put in as part of the repairs in May/June of this year as reported at the top.

Here are the ONLY things that need to be done to complete the car (aside from doing what else you personally may like):
· Finish the amp board
· Upgrade the brake pads and turn the rotors
· Touch up paint for the front grill and couple scratches/nicks
· Figure out a way to cut out the right fuel rail cover so the breather cap fits in and you can keep the cover on for looks

EXTRA PARTS:

I’ve amassed a bunch of extra parts. The wheels/tires were to upgrade for looks but also to add drag radials for traction - and those I started accenting with Jet Stream Blue and the stock DSOM color. The other trim parts were for the same reason – I wanted to add some JSB color touches here and there. Some items like the flag and tent were for me to go to car shows – yeah, that never happened. And some were for intended upgrades. Some are the left-over parts from swaps/repairs and touch up paint, replacement tire pressure sensors, etc.

· Wheels: WELD EVO MAKO 20x10.5 and 19x9.5; painted inner barrels Jet Stream Blue (outer surface still chrome – just covered in the blue painting tape in pics); DSOM center caps and the wording on the side I painted DSOM. These are brand new, never mounted.

· Tires: Nitto Drag Radials – 305/35-20 rear; Dunlop Sport Maxx 275/40-19 fronts; neither ever mounted – see pics for tread

o (NOTE I did the math of tire height front to rear vs stock and these will not set off traction control or active handling)

· Brand new never used Tire Pressure Sensors

· 4 tops – one on the car DSOM the dealer replaced, the old DSOM one, a yellow one I bought just for the hardware and seals for the glass top, and a brand new, never installed glass top.

· Extra set of Z51 brake calipers AND brackets.

· 2006 Z06 transmission with 25k miles on bought from Corvette Forum Vendor 01SckVette when I thought that the trans was my driveline issue. Note the lines would need to be replaced but not a big deal.

· OEM Torque tube including inner driveshaft – Trans shop orig said the front of the input shaft was worn in half by the clutch being incorrectly installed. You look at the pics - I cant see where it is worn at all.

· SPEC Twin Clutch removed after under 9k miles to replace with Z06 clutch (If we were going in there to do the driveline it was getting all new stuff)

· Original flywheel, and associated clutch parts

· Front stainless grill screen painted Jet Stream Blue (JSB). Could be scraped off with wire brush back to stainless finish I suppose. (No pic - I can send)

· Rear chrome exhaust cover

· Form fitting $350 car cover bought on group buy on Corvette Forum – forget the name but this is the high-end, breathable one with the C6 flags on the front. Small tear where it tucks into the lower rear valance but fits like a glove, mirror pockets and all.

· Xenon High Beam and Fog Light conversion kit

· Metal jacking pucks

· 2005 Service Manuals

· OEM Cap set and Dipstick

· Brand new, never used tire pressure sensors for 05 model year (the earlier C6 style)

· Spare fuses for the audio system

· 5 way 50 watt RMS Alpine theater amp – the center dash speaker upgrade is also included - With the head unit being a DVD player you can upgrade to 5.1 channel theater system

· Corvette logo rear cargo matt

· OEM Bose speakers

· 3 tubes DSOM touch up; 2 tubes Jet Stream Blue, 6 cans JSB spray paint

· Side marker light surrounds painted JSB

· Stainless trim screws for trunk, doors and engine bay - painted JSB – could easily be washed off with paint thinner to get back to stainless

· JSB Door handles

· Rubber light seals to keep water out - annoying when you wash the car and the water gets behind - was much worse on the C5s

· Orange corvette flag

· JSB Corvette Windshield Sticker (goes inside across the top of the w/s)

· LED Light upgrade for interior

· JSB Corvette letters for passenger dash

· Car show display tent in matching body color DSOM

You can sell the parts and turn it into another several $k easy or we can negotiate a price without those included.

$31,500 is asking price w parts. Open to negotiations.

You can email me directly at mmfruh@hotmail.com or call me at 570-592-0518. I am generally tied up M-F 6a (get on the road) thru 730p (get home) but you can leave a message and I will reach back out.

Cheers!!!
Mark

Last edited by TANGLVR; 12-01-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:07 PM
TANGLVR
Drifting

TTT
Old 11-28-2013, 03:08 AM
Lpe403
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This car intrigues me. I'm afraid of expensive repair bills. I'd also like to see current day photos. Maybe we can talk this weekend. You definitely have my interest.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:21 PM
TANGLVR
Drifting

Originally Posted by Lpe403
This car intrigues me. I'm afraid of expensive repair bills. I'd also like to see current day photos. Maybe we can talk this weekend. You definitely have my interest.
Hey LPE - just posted some recent pics at this link and revised the top of the posting explaining the new pics.

Note that the car looks precisely like all the pics I have posted---has had the 3M bra on since delivery, other than the rocker scratch, body-color rear window back edge, body-color grill this is in pristine condition. The car stayed in locked, indoor storage between the months of October and April EVERY year except this one (as we don't get winter access to the fairgrounds - owners charge minimal storage fees but head to FL for the winter so it's locked an unavailable for 6-7 months) and selling this year means I had to keep it out of storage so that's the ONLY reason it's out now. THe last 9 pics are today (THXGIVING) and others from this year).

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2c.jpg
Old 11-30-2013, 04:00 AM
Lpe403
Pro

Originally Posted by TANGLVR
Hey LPE - just posted some recent pics at this link and revised the top of the posting explaining the new pics.

Note that the car looks precisely like all the pics I have posted---has had the 3M bra on since delivery, other than the rocker scratch, body-color rear window back edge, body-color grill this is in pristine condition. The car stayed in locked, indoor storage between the months of October and April EVERY year except this one (as we don't get winter access to the fairgrounds - owners charge minimal storage fees but head to FL for the winter so it's locked an unavailable for 6-7 months) and selling this year means I had to keep it out of storage so that's the ONLY reason it's out now. THe last 9 pics are today (THXGIVING) and others from this year).

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2c.jpg

Thanks for the reply. How's this car going to do as a daily driver?
Old 11-30-2013, 04:05 AM
Lpe403
Pro

It is beautiful. That motor seems bad -***. How is it?
Old 11-30-2013, 01:36 PM
TANGLVR
Drifting

The car rides better than stock with the coil overs even lowered...removing those transverse leaf springs makes it a whole different experience...and the car cruises at 80-85 on the interstate below 2k rpm. I swapped from the B&B Route 66 exhaust because of the drone - the Corsa Sport is the ideal balance - very little noise at cruise but punch it and it screams...guy at work heard my car one day and thought the exhaust was "weak" and was going to say something until he heard me punch it on a different day and then he knew differently and said so!!!

At low rpm cruise with the aggressive cam it does lope and rocks itself at stoplights but nothing to the point of it affecting daily drive-ability.

And when you open it up it has so much motor you think somewhere along the rpm band it's going to level off but it just keeps going to the redline. I have always been torn on whether 2, 3 or 4 is my fav gear....If I catch 4th in the top of the powerband and dont pay attention the rear tires will break loose. If I had drag radials I think 2nd might be my favorite.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:22 PM
TANGLVR
Drifting

UPDATE 12/1 - had requests for some videos and a walk around - was a bit chilly in the 20's so traction was even more of a challenge than usual....I'm chatting with a couple interested parties and the reserve is close to hitting on ebay but no commitments as yet. Here's the link to a couple more pics and a few vids...be patient with the loading it was taking a while for me but the vidds are there.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...=folder%2c.JPG

Get notified of new replies

To [Sold] 2005 Lingenfelter/Cartek LS7 C6 - Daytona Sunset Orange - 29,247 orig miles

Quick Reply: [Sold] 2005 Lingenfelter/Cartek LS7 C6 - Daytona Sunset Orange - 29,247 orig miles