Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS; 2012 Grand Sport Coupe 6 spd(M) (TN)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 07:20 PM
WS-6SLEEPER
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS; 2012 Grand Sport Coupe 6 spd(M) (TN) NOTE! Relisted July 2018

Hey all, what follows is part of my posting from 4 years ago when I first thought of selling this car. Came close twice, but finally cut loose a would be bully on the first, and parted amicably with the second when he suddenly decided he would have to pay $1000 less than we had originally tentatively agreed. Made the decision to keep and continue to enjoy and massage to my liking at that time, and have not regretted that. But now health issues suggest that I should again look at finding a new home where it can continue to be enjoyed for what it is. Please forgive the use of the edited old listing, but it saves me time and effort, and offers answers to questions which came up then, and might again arise. I'll add the changes since the original listing first, and then allow the original to carry on.

To the interior I have added the factory alcantara wrapped steering wheel and parking brake boot to match the shift boot (and seat inserts on the Caravaggio sport seats), brake light red domed letters in the embossed "CORVETTE" area of the dash, as well as new red Simpson rotary release harnesses for both seats, with the Hans style harness for the driver's side. Also installed an Elite Engineering CNC machined aluminum heel-toe gas pedal, and added a new thin black anodized billet aluminum license plate frame to the rear.

The gloss black GS wheels now carry the steet tires, Hankook Ventus v12 EVO2s, and the oe comp grays now mount the Toyo R 888s for track use, all in OE sizes. I was not happy with the first refinish of the ZR1 19/20s, and when the pilot sport cups were done, had those wheels stripped and professionally powder coated flat black inside and out. They are boxed up and awaiting either a new set of street or track tires.

Under the hood, added a K&N air intake and an Elite Engineering oil catch can.

Most recent addition is underneath where I had installed a set of adjustable LG motorsports G1 swaybars, essentially the same as corvette T1 bars, with their HD quiet end links. The bars were installed, and the car realigned and corner weighted by former TransAm racer Johnnie Miller. This was done in April of this year, and all the fluids were changed at that time as well. Also included are a set of used Carbotech XP10/8 one piece pads.

The miles are now 28,xxx, and the price is now $37,500. The original listing follows.

2LT, arctic white/ebony, magnetic selective ride, dual mode exhaust, gray calipers, cyber gray headlamps, comp. gray wheels, ZR1 style rear spoiler from factory (white), black Grand Sport badges, battery protection pkg.

Caravaggio sport seats in black leather and alcantara with red stitching, Shark Bar harness bar, belt mounts, and air bag simulators, GM cue ball style GS shift **** and alcantara shift boot, skip shift eliminator, mild to wild foot switch, GCA cargo organizer, tinted hatch and side windows, Lloyd Ultimat double emblem carpet, and Signature rubber floor mats, air bag sticker covers, hard-wired for Valentine 1 with remote indicator.

Flat black ZR1 wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Cups, extra set gloss black GS wheels, Pfadt suspension alignment keys, DBA Series 4000 T3 rotors, Carbotech 1 piece 1521 (HP street) brake pads, car cover, black domed letters for back bumper embossed "CORVETTE" area, chrome GS license plate frame, C6 valve stem caps, trans tunnel double cup holder, chrome, and black sets of lug nuts, tire pressure monitor reset tool.

Original seats, rotors & padlets (essentially new), shift **** and boot, original uncut side panels (where harness bar mounts), and carpeted floor mats included.

Factory extended warranty, 0 deductible, to 2/28/2020, or 61,000 miles.

12,500 miles

$47,500

Trailer may also be for sale! Beautiful TrailerWorld all aluminum custom with tire rack, two level box/wind screen, aluminum wheels, 4 wheel surge brakes, $5000.
Attached Images       

Last edited by WS-6SLEEPER; 07-08-2018 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:32 PM
WS-6SLEEPER
Advanced

Here are a few extra pics.
Attached Images       

Last edited by WS-6SLEEPER; 06-04-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:56 PM
frankmp
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

wow great looking car!!!!! All the best in your sale but what's with the Z06 seat stitching>>?????
Old 05-31-2014, 08:15 PM
WS-6SLEEPER
Advanced

Good question, and the even sharper eye'd will note that it is C5Z emblem and not C6Z. The seats were originally bought and configured for my '02 C5 Z06, and were too nice and comfortable, and too expensive not to keep when I sold that car for this one. Click on "My Corvette Photos" over there <<< to see pics of that car and the seats mounted in it. Can anyone tell me how to download pics of the current car to that album?

Originally Posted by frankmp
wow great looking car!!!!! All the best in your sale but what's with the Z06 seat stitching>>?????

Last edited by WS-6SLEEPER; 06-01-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:12 PM
jeffsdel
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Nice Car

Still available?
I am curious what if any track miles are on this car, are they all street miles?

Thank you
Jeff
Old 06-04-2014, 05:18 PM
JUSTAC6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics of the trailer?

Would you sell the oem pads and rotors?
Old 06-04-2014, 09:45 PM
WS-6SLEEPER
Advanced

Yes Jeff, the car is still available. I have driven it around two months in the spring and the same in the fall each year, and have tracked it one weekend each time. Can't be exact, but I would estimate about 4500 miles a year on the street, and about 500 miles on the track a year. When I am driving it, it is my daily driver. This results in the 12,500 miles on the car after 2 1/2 years of ownership. Have added a couple of pics above, one showing how and where the car lives the other 8 or so months each year (along with the included car cover). Thanks for your interest.

Ken

Originally Posted by jeffsdel
Still available?
I am curious what if any track miles are on this car, are they all street miles?

Thank you
Jeff
Old 06-04-2014, 09:54 PM
WS-6SLEEPER
Advanced

JUSTAC6, have included a pic of the trailer above, and yes, it is garage kept as well when not in use two weekends a year. Want to keep or sell everything together, because if I should not sell the car, I want to continue to enjoy it as I have in the past, and all of these things are necessary for that. And don't want to sell any oem parts in case I, or a subsequent owner might desire someday to return it to completely stock. Thank you for your question.

Ken

Originally Posted by JUSTAC6
Pics of the trailer?

Would you sell the oem pads and rotors?
Old 06-07-2014, 06:01 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

great looking rig,Like the paneled garage,Its different.Good luck w/ sale
Old 06-09-2014, 04:51 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

St Jude Donor '14

bump
Old 06-11-2014, 07:02 PM
rp.bp89
Instructor

Default I'm Interested !

I like it.

I sent you a PM.

Rick
Old 06-12-2014, 09:27 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

St Jude Donor '14

bunp
Old 06-16-2014, 05:40 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

St Jude Donor '14

bump
Old 06-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Superdupersteve
Heel & Toe

That's 1 nice package u have there! Any chance u can post a pic w the ZR1 grey wheels? Having that warranty is a nice selling point..hmmm. bump!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:51 PM
WS-6SLEEPER
Advanced

Your wish is my command. Please note that the wheels are flat black, not grey. Actually were bought comp grey, but came a lighter shade than the GS wheels that came on the car, and I just didn't like them. Had them refinished and got a factory set of flat black center caps to go on them (you may note not installed in the picture).

Originally Posted by Superdupersteve
That's 1 nice package u have there! Any chance u can post a pic w the ZR1 grey wheels? Having that warranty is a nice selling point..hmmm. bump!
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2014, 06:22 PM
brandon1566
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

If I had 7500 more $ this would be in my garage! Glws
Old 06-23-2014, 12:42 AM
Superdupersteve
Heel & Toe

Those wheels look sharper than GS wheels for sure. I'm in Calif (5mi from Laguna Seca) any chance u want to trailer it here and do one last session on the track bfore u sell it? Just kidding, but I'm looking to purchase within the next month or so and yours has everything but the grey hash stripes I prefer on the White GS. Bump again, and if u got the full side view pic, lets see it ;?)

Get notified of new replies

To FS; 2012 Grand Sport Coupe 6 spd(M) (TN)

Old 06-23-2014, 11:16 PM
WS-6SLEEPER
Advanced

No straight on side view currently available, sorry. GS stripes are available both aftermarket and from GM, as well as the full width racing stripes available for example on the '13 60th anniversary cars (dealer installed), if that's to your taste (my personal preference if I were to add anything else). I agree, the ZR1 wheels are the best looking on that car, although the gloss black GS wheels should look good as well, with a wider assortment of tires available, including my preference, non-runflats. Thanks for your interest and as requested, bump.

Last edited by WS-6SLEEPER; 06-23-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:58 PM
havesometo
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Great looking car good luck with sale.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:07 AM
havesometo
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by WS-6SLEEPER
Thanks, like yours as well. Nice color!
Thanks

Quick Reply: FS; 2012 Grand Sport Coupe 6 spd(M) (TN)