Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2008 cammed Z06, 2LZ, Nav, Comp gray wheels, low miles, mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 11:16 AM
camaro402
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice car and crazy price for a 08 model with those miles and mods someone is gonna get a great deal.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:12 PM
timvan
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

May as well let it go for less, its going to loose value all winter...
Old 09-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by timvan
OP has pride and he's not desperate for cash. Obviously he doesn't care if it loses value over the winter, and who knows what will happen after storage he may get what he wants.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:26 PM
timvan
Racer

Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain
OP has pride and he's not desperate for cash. Obviously he doesn't care if it loses value over the winter, and who knows what will happen after storage he may get what he wants.
It was a joke and a free bump for the op...
Old 09-23-2014, 09:40 AM
2008corvette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-24-2014, 07:44 AM
2008corvette
Melting Slicks

ttt
Old 09-25-2014, 12:11 PM
2008corvette
Melting Slicks

Bump
Old 09-25-2014, 09:59 PM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

After the "Hype" is over with the new ones, My money is on them holding or even gaining a little more they have right now. After all the new C7 will be just that, a C7. And the New Z06 will be 2 out of reason on price when compared to what you can get in a C6 Z06. For someone looking to Mod and maintain a car the C6Z is affordable.

I feel his price for the car you get is fair. Spring is when your money talks and the rest of you get back on the bus to the ford dealer to get a mustang because your pockets just are not deep enough.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:17 PM
2008corvette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GeneSch
After the "Hype" is over with the new ones, My money is on them holding or even gaining a little more they have right now. After all the new C7 will be just that, a C7. And the New Z06 will be 2 out of reason on price when compared to what you can get in a C6 Z06. For someone looking to Mod and maintain a car the C6Z is affordable.

I feel his price for the car you get is fair. Spring is when your money talks and the rest of you get back on the bus to the ford dealer to get a mustang because your pockets just are not deep enough.
Yeah I'm surprised the car is still available, I feel it's priced fairly.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:51 PM
FLC6
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 2008corvette
Yeah I'm surprised the car is still available, I feel it's priced fairly.
Really? It's obvious this is why it's not selling and you guys all know it.

"The car had an oil consumption problem back in the summer of 2009 after the cam was installed. Doug Rippie Motorsports (who didn't install the cam) diagnosed the problem to be caused by a bad tune that had the car running too rich thus destroying the piston rings. "
Old 09-27-2014, 05:01 PM
timvan
Racer

Originally Posted by FLC6

"The car had an oil consumption problem back in the summer of 2009 after the cam was installed. Doug Rippie Motorsports (who didn't install the cam) diagnosed the problem to be caused by a bad tune that had the car running too rich thus destroying the piston rings. "
As a buyer, I wouldn't hesitate doing business with this seller as he completely disclosed something that wouldn't be obvious. It shows great character. I'd be all over this if closer.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:03 PM
djfury05
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As a buyer, I wouldn't hesitate doing business with this seller as he completely disclosed something that wouldn't be obvious. It shows great character. I'd be all over this if closer.
The excuses of a tire kicker... plane tickets aren't that expensive.. neither is shipping the car.. clearly.. you don't want to be all over it.

GLWS OP..
Old 09-27-2014, 06:11 PM
timvan
Racer

Originally Posted by djfury05
The excuses of a tire kicker... plane tickets aren't that expensive.. neither is shipping the car.. clearly.. you don't want to be all over it.

GLWS OP..
The voice of a keyboard cowboy. You don't know me or my interest or interactions with the op, unnecessary comment at best. Don't you have a Mustang forum to bash?
Old 09-29-2014, 12:18 PM
2008corvette
Melting Slicks

Why the negative comment in my thread?, real classy.

I stated the issue I had in my original post, I'm honest and not hiding anything like I easily could have but I'm not that kind of person.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:23 PM
FLC6
Drifting

Originally Posted by 2008corvette
Why the negative comment in my thread?, real classy.

I stated the issue I had in my original post, I'm honest and not hiding anything like I easily could have but I'm not that kind of person.
You said you were surprised that is hasn't sold. I was trying to help you out by pointing out the reason.

How is that negative? Sorry if I offended. That was not my intention.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:28 PM
FlatBlackCaddy
Intermediate

I doubt that is the reason.

Sadly this is a price issue, I'm not saying the OP is overpriced just that this recent crop of Z buyers are really sticking to their guns and NOT budging on price.

I think it's simple supply and demand. There are alot of Z's for sale(locally, around the country) and most of them are in fantastic shape with low miles. Buyers have PLENTY to choose from and are choosing to "hold fast" to their prices and wait for the right seller or best deal.

Now if someone is very specific(certain colors, years, mileage, mods) then that's a different story. In which case once that buyer is found this car will be snatched up. People who don't care what color and just want a Z will sit on their hands(and wallets) and just wait for the best deals out there, or for more sellers to break and lower prices.

GLWS, it is a nice car.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:34 PM
timvan
Racer

Originally Posted by FlatBlackCaddy
I doubt that is the reason.

Sadly this is a price issue, I'm not saying the OP is overpriced just that this recent crop of Z buyers are really sticking to their guns and NOT budging on price.

I think it's simple supply and demand. There are alot of Z's for sale(locally, around the country) and most of them are in fantastic shape with low miles. Buyers have PLENTY to choose from and are choosing to "hold fast" to their prices and wait for the right seller or best deal.

Now if someone is very specific(certain colors, years, mileage, mods) then that's a different story. In which case once that buyer is found this car will be snatched up. People who don't care what color and just want a Z will sit on their hands(and wallets) and just wait for the best deals out there, or for more sellers to break and lower prices.

GLWS, it is a nice car.

Get notified of new replies

To 2008 cammed Z06, 2LZ, Nav, Comp gray wheels, low miles, mods

Old 09-29-2014, 01:14 PM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GeneSch

BAM!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

You said you were surprised that is hasn't sold. I was trying to help you out by pointing out the reason.

How is that negative? Sorry if I offended. That was not my intention.
Really? Then what were your intentions? Couldn't you've just PM'd him why you thought that? He was honest about disclosing it right off the bat. Bump.

Last edited by Mr.Nubain; 09-29-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:49 PM
FLC6
Drifting

Really? Then what were your intentions? Couldn't you've just PM'd him why you thought that? He was honest about disclosing it right off the bat. Bump.
Then he shouldnt have invited comments when he posted that he didnt know why it had not sold yet.

BTW 06's Z06's are going for very low 30's at the auctions with less than 35k miles with no paint work.

I just think the owners don't want to admit their cars are not worth what they used to be. That's just my opinion and I have the right to it backed by facts.

Quick Reply: 2008 cammed Z06, 2LZ, Nav, Comp gray wheels, low miles, mods