Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

'05 Z51 Carbon Fiber Interior 27.5K

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 09:30 PM
JFM79
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 Z51 Carbon Fiber Interior 27.5K

The beautiful millennium yellow tint coat really brings out the aggressive styling of this 2005 C6 Corvette Z51. The car has been meticulously maintained by a corvette enthusiast family. Sadly a family tragedy has them selling. The title was passed to me but I really would rather have a Z06. So this is a 2 owner car, but always in one family (father bought it and then gave it to his son). This was the original owner's dream car and loved it's entire life. It needs to go to a home that will continue to drive, enjoy and love her. The vette has upgraded interior features, looks new and smells new. It's super car performance for Honda civic money.

The car was upgraded a few months ago to include a new carbon fiber console and gauge cluster, new black Napa leather E-boot, Shift boot, E-brake handle, and armrest - at a cost of over $2,000. It makes the interior look like a 2013. Much improved over the dated silver that came stock in 2005. The chrome Z06 Rims rally make the corvette pop and the tasteful chrome gill and front air dam inserts, painted calipers and cross drilled rotors all add to the aggressiveness of the vette's stance. It looks like a racer, but has lead a gentle adult driven life. The car has always been garage kept and covered. It was a weekend driver. There are no engine modifications. The only performance upgrade was the flow master exhaust was added about 2 years ago. The sound is throaty and muscular, but pleasant in the cabin - easy to hold a conversation. From the outside it howls when you hit the throttle - as a 400+ sports car should.

The vehicle was gone through by a local GM friend and passed their 137 point CPO inspection. The tires have good tread left on them. The chrome Z06 Rims sparkle and the paint shines like new. The car currently has no emblems b/c I am replacing them. The previous emblems were black and I am restoring them to original. I will update with pictures as soon as they are on (after the car is detailed - yes the pictures show the car naked with no wax that's the paint that shines).

All items noted in the GM inspection were replaced, and I did the custom interior work personally. The HUD unit was replaced, both door handle pads remanufactured, truck release button replaced, chipped ignition button replaced, chipped door release buttons replaced (still functioning but had some wear), minor rock chips in usual places touched with factory base/clearcoat (only noticeable upon very close inspection). All parts war genuine GM OEM - No aftermarket parts - all come with 12 month warranty.

The engine compartment is honest, never steam cleaned. This is a car for an enthusiast who's not afraid to drive. These cars should not be garage queens. The mileage is extremely low and the car presents as if it were new. There are a few minor surface scratches on the doorsill from getting in and out (if you've had one you know its not the easiest car to get out of), also a few scrapes on the bumper in the usual places, but none passed the clear coat. They are barely noticeable and the camera does not catch them - I would give the paint a 9+/10. The interior seats show minor wear, but no crakes or tears - I would say the seats are 9/10. The glass top shows the usual wear and minor scratching from going in and out of the boot. There is a small crack on the corner, it not through the acryllic, a hairline crack that was repaired so it looks like a small scratch. It does not effect the structural integrity of the top and the car is air tight. I will sell the buyer a new glass top for $600 on top of the purchase price - your option.

The carpets are perfect and the engine is immaculate 10/10. The air intake vents and radiator intake have all been cleaned of any debris (common on these cars but often neglected and can lead to overheating issues). The factory navigation unit was replaced due to a scratched screen, but the antitheft has not yet been reset. Any GM dealer can do this for about $50.00 (usually free with an oil change). I will either have the unit reset or credit the buyer. I'm debating swapping it for an aftermarket unit since they are more accurate now. Alternatively, I can install any stereo for the buyer that s/he chooses. Tires are EMT run flats and are at 50%, so you are good for another 10-15K miles (but that depends on how you drive). All the tire sensors function perfectly - no warning lights. Two original key FOBs - FOB 1 and 2 for seat memory setting purpose. All original manuals come with the car as do custom jack plates to avoid damaging the body. No accidents or paintwork. Clean title.

I'm being very thorough because I am meticulous and want the buyer to know what s/he is buying. The really is awesome and car is ready to go. If you want a 2005 that has no wear and looks like it just rolled off the assembly line at Bowling Green - this is not that car. This is a car for someone who wants a great driver that looks like an incredibly well maintained and loved Corvette. A car that people will not believe is a 2005. I'm happy to do a video walk around for anyone that wants and I encourage it. I am also open to trades for a Z06 or anything interesting. Email me at jmerk2 @gmail.com

Specs:

The Z51 performance package includes:

The Z51 Performance Package brings Corvette Coupe performance very close to the same level as the widely admired Z06. The Z51 offers more aggressive dampers and springs, larger stabilizer bars, P245/40ZR18 hi performance front tires, P285/35ZR19 hi performance rear tires, and larger, cross-drilled brake rotors for optimum track performance capability while still providing a well-controlled and comfortable ride. Extensive racetrack testing reveals that a C6 equipped with the Z51 suspension almost equals the lap time of a C5 Z06 – marking a major advance in the overall performance of a Corvette Coupe by nearly approximating the extreme performance capabilities of the vaunted Z06 at a remarkable value.

The 1SB Preferred equipment Group to include:

Front and side air bags driver and passenger, Luggage shade and parcel net, 6 way power seats, Adjustable sport bucket seats w/ perforated leather inserts, Head up display, Home link transmitter, Memory package, Auto dimming ISRV mirror w/ compass and drivers OSVR mirror, Heated seats, RDS AM /FM stereo w/ 6- disc in dash w/ MP3 play back Bose premium 7 speaker system.
Attached Images       
Old 09-08-2014, 09:48 PM
StlzFanz
Heel & Toe

Default Missing Details

How many miles and where is car located ? I see VA tags
Old 09-08-2014, 10:08 PM
JFM79
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by StlzFanz
How many miles and where is car located ? I see VA tags
It has about 27K miles and is located in DC/Northern VA. Car is at Bolling AFB right now. Thanks for the catch!

Get notified of new replies

To '05 Z51 Carbon Fiber Interior 27.5K

Quick Reply: '05 Z51 Carbon Fiber Interior 27.5K