Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB: Modded C6 Z06, 35k max.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 05:23 PM
typhoontaz
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 06 z06

Here's a link to my listing on Craig's list:
https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4659903507.html
I have not put it on this site yet. Last time I did for an 07 Z06, I just got lowball offers.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:01 PM
paloalto00
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by typhoontaz
Here's a link to my listing on Craig's list:
https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4659903507.html
I have not put it on this site yet. Last time I did for an 07 Z06, I just got lowball offers.
I'm in a pending deal with Z06Roadsters for 35.5, just waiting to sell my C5. What were you looking for?
Old 09-16-2014, 08:07 PM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

So after all the bs you've posted, you're not even ready to buy a car bc you need to sell your c5?!?!?!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...y-package.html

How's that sale been going for you? Almost 6 months now? Don't waste anyone's time searching for the next ride when your ducks aren't in a row.

And mods add value. Obviously, you've made your point that you're looking for a car that is modded. You're not willing to pay for the mods but rather buy a car done already. That's cool. In fact, a smarter way to buy. But no one in their right mind will sell you their modded car for equivalent value to a stock one. Just doesn't happen. You've got a ways to grow there young lad. But it seems you got this down pat, soo good luck to you.

Last edited by 1 BAD BURB; 09-16-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:28 PM
paloalto00
Racer

Originally Posted by 1 BAD BURB
So after all the bs you've posted, you're not even ready to buy a car bc you need to sell your c5?!?!?!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...y-package.html

How's that sale been going for you? Almost 6 months now? Don't waste anyone's time searching for the next ride when your ducks aren't in a row.

And mods add value. Obviously, you've made your point that you're looking for a car that is modded. You're not willing to pay for the mods but rather buy a car done already. That's cool. In fact, a smarter way to buy. But no one in their right mind will sell you their modded car for equivalent value to a stock one. Just doesn't happen. You've got a ways to grow there young lad. But it seems you got this down pat, soo good luck to you.
I already have financing for the 07, but would much rather cut that interest rate in half by selling the c5. I already have a buyer for the C5, just waiting for that check to hand over the keys.

Good luck with your sale, I've always wanted a stolen vette
Old 09-17-2014, 02:01 AM
lemansz
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

I wanted a modded z06 for 35k too!!! ME ME ME
Old 09-17-2014, 04:41 AM
paloalto00
Racer

Sale pending
Old 09-17-2014, 06:23 AM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read this and laughed a bit. I think it really all depends on the car. Year, miles and how it was modded and have a price point est. Some of us ask the world for these cars and some are fair. Normally, you only really get 50% out of the extras you put in mods. What sells a car is how the owner took care of it. I personally never took my car to a track and only used it for cruises and group gatherings. You can always tell who is asking too much as these are the ones that have had their car in the for sale section for months on end and have not sold only to start many threads because of all the comments and negative post in the original for sale threads. Just my .02

Good luck with your quest young man.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:55 AM
paloalto00
Racer

Originally Posted by BADZ
I just read this and laughed a bit. I think it really all depends on the car. Year, miles and how it was modded and have a price point est. Some of us ask the world for these cars and some are fair. Normally, you only really get 50% out of the extras you put in mods. What sells a car is how the owner took care of it. I personally never took my car to a track and only used it for cruises and group gatherings. You can always tell who is asking too much as these are the ones that have had their car in the for sale section for months on end and have not sold only to start many threads because of all the comments and negative post in the original for sale threads. Just my .02

Good luck with your quest young man.
I think for older folks on this thread, they're acting quite childish. Its not like I'd pay book value for the car with mods, of course a few k extra if everything is in order. I just refuse to pay top dollar for mods u put in that I know nothing about.

Right now I have a seller, I have my money in order but don't like the interest rate the bank is giving me. Selling my c5 would cut it in half
Old 09-17-2014, 03:46 PM
RidgeRunner0207
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by paloalto00
I think for older folks on this thread, they're acting quite childish. Its not like I'd pay book value for the car with mods, of course a few k extra if everything is in order. I just refuse to pay top dollar for mods u put in that I know nothing about.

Right now I have a seller, I have my money in order but don't like the interest rate the bank is giving me. Selling my c5 would cut it in half
Here is a little advice, buy the car you want now, then when you sell the C5 drop that $$$$$ on the loan principle, that kills the amortized interest and then make your normal payments, or ask the bank to redo the loan since you will be paying most of it off I assume by selling the C5.

Us old guys know a few things about how money and loans work........

BTW, I hope you find a Z06 for the price you want, it won't be easy and most Z06 owners are not hurting for cash usually.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Kimera
Racer

I think it is the way you write. You come off as cocky and arrogant. I am 24 now. I bought a 2008 C6 at 19 brand spanking new. It's not about how old you are because there is someone like me who is your equal or better so saying your age was irrelevant. It is also irrelevant on the agreed value you are working out with another member. You also have not sold your C5 yet so don't take offense when others call you out. Just try to be a little more humble. My two cents.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:56 PM
paloalto00
Racer

Originally Posted by Kimera
I think it is the way you write. You come off as cocky and arrogant. I am 24 now. I bought a 2008 C6 at 19 brand spanking new. It's not about how old you are because there is someone like me who is your equal or better so saying your age was irrelevant. It is also irrelevant on the agreed value you are working out with another member. You also have not sold your C5 yet so don't take offense when others call you out. Just try to be a little more humble. My two cents.
How am I cocky when you come on MY thread and start bashing me? Don't dish it out if you can't take it. I didn't send an offer to any of these people, they came here themselves.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Kimera
Racer

How am I cocky when you come on MY thread and start bashing me? Don't dish it out if you can't take it. I didn't send an offer to any of these people, they came here themselves.
A good rule of thumb is if they don't like it don't comment but someone has to be the bigger person. Bought and sold a few vettes on here and always one person has to jump in with some bs. Quick PM to JimTN and that'll be that. Humility is key. I hope you find a z06 for real though. I've been prowling for that price range forever. I want to make a C6R replica glwp
Old 09-17-2014, 04:04 PM
paloalto00
Racer

Originally Posted by RidgeRunner0207
Here is a little advice, buy the car you want now, then when you sell the C5 drop that $$$$$ on the loan principle, that kills the amortized interest and then make your normal payments, or ask the bank to redo the loan since you will be paying most of it off I assume by selling the C5.

Us old guys know a few things about how money and loans work........

BTW, I hope you find a Z06 for the price you want, it won't be easy and most Z06 owners are not hurting for cash usually.

I don't own the c5 outright if that matters, that's why I want to sell now that way I'm not making two car payments
Old 09-17-2014, 04:10 PM
paloalto00
Racer

A good rule of thumb is if they don't like it don't comment but someone has to be the bigger person. Bought and sold a few vettes on here and always one person has to jump in with some bs. Quick PM to JimTN and that'll be that. Humility is key. I hope you find a z06 for real though. I've been prowling for that price range forever. I want to make a C6R replica glwp
I have two potential ones, basically now I have to level which one is worth the plane ticket. Kind of exciting, but a bit nerve racking at the same time
Old 09-17-2014, 04:13 PM
`C7
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you nailed it perfectly. Maybe he was raised or he was brought up a different way but being nice and asking for things nicely goes a long way. If you start out bad and opinionated things may not go as smooth.

As to the OP. Here is an example of a well written thread of a buyer asking nicely.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...gs-or-z06.html

In my opinion you came accross as an *** by saying mods don't add value and the way you worded stuff. Like I said before. I've personally owned 5+ vettes now and will continue to buy them, enjoy them, and then sell them. Being nice goes a long way and having a good attitude. The moment you start to attack someone and get pissed off you end up looking like an a$$hole. I'm just trying to be nice and point it out to you. Apparently, it isn't just me since others are coming in and saying similar things.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:14 PM
64drvr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,867 Likes on 886 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

OP is a childish *****.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:14 PM
2008corvette
Melting Slicks

Age is irrelevant. I bought my Z brand new at age 22 and made $1,064 payments on it. There's a lot more young Corvette owners out there then you think.

Last edited by 2008corvette; 09-17-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: Modded C6 Z06, 35k max.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:48 PM
paloalto00
Racer

Originally Posted by O2z06
I think you nailed it perfectly. Maybe he was raised or he was brought up a different way but being nice and asking for things nicely goes a long way. If you start out bad and opinionated things may not go as smooth.

As to the OP. Here is an example of a well written thread of a buyer asking nicely.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...gs-or-z06.html

In my opinion you came accross as an *** by saying mods don't add value and the way you worded stuff. Like I said before. I've personally owned 5+ vettes now and will continue to buy them, enjoy them, and then sell them. Being nice goes a long way and having a good attitude. The moment you start to attack someone and get pissed off you end up looking like an a$$hole. I'm just trying to be nice and point it out to you. Apparently, it isn't just me since others are coming in and saying similar things.
Again, this all started with others coming to my thread attacking me. My original post was very straight forward and polite. It seems like the people who are offended are the ones selling their cars
Old 09-17-2014, 05:14 PM
`C7
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Again, this all started with others coming to my thread attacking me. My original post was very straight forward and polite. It seems like the people who are offended are the ones selling their cars
I think the statement saying mods don't add value got me thinking twice and then I posted what I originally posted because of that. Just remember you get more by being nice. I'm not trying to be a dick head. Just trying to give you a heads up. Some people on here have a lot or money and nice cars. If you are nice to them you may end up getting your way.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:40 PM
meinersk
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I wouldn't sell this clown anything, you will prob just have problems trying to deal with a guy like this..Not worth the effort...(unless hes paying 6,000 over)

Quick Reply: WTB: Modded C6 Z06, 35k max.