Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Reality check request - '06 C6 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 04:17 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I agree with those commenting on your photos. When first opening your listing I saw the foggy headlamps and the grass strip that reminded me of an AC fluid leak. Get out of the bright sun and get some more contrast. As others have suggested, include some close-up photos of any flaws, even if that is only rock chips. It says that you are being forthright. I would raise the price with good photos.

--Dan
Old 09-28-2014, 05:22 PM
Dean2144
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your CL ad has expired.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:00 PM
gt40mki
Instructor

Check http://tradein.autotrader.com
, in my experience they've beat Carmax - then shop your local dealers and see what they will give...?

Good luck!
Old 09-30-2014, 03:49 PM
GeorgeR_Zed06
Burning Brakes

Received 161 Likes on 127 Posts

I put this up yesterday and hopefully it's gone tomorrow. People like modded cars. Also, you might have to lower the price. Good luck with your sale...

http://odessa.craigslist.org/cto/4691041162.html
Old 09-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by George Rivera
I put this up yesterday and hopefully it's gone tomorrow. People like modded cars. Also, you might have to lower the price. Good luck with your sale...

I think his price is good. I would think your price is on the high end, 23K for a 113K car is a lot, especially a LS2 C6 that's 8 years old. Your paint looks really shiny though. OP needs to make his shine like yours.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:47 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

rejex,rejex,,rejex,rejex!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Old Teacher
Cruising

Default colors

I find it interesting that so many of you are down on yellow corvettes. It must be a geographical thing of some sort. When I bought my car, the dealer had six or seven different colors of essentially the same car. I was immediately drawn to the yellow even before I found out about all the performance and appearance extras. The dealer said that he could not keep a yellow or a black one on the lot for more than a couple days. All the other colors took time to sell and he really had to work on advertising the features, if any. I hate to add this, but he said the dark red/maroon ones were the hardest to sell. He said every flaw in the finish showed, even more than the black, and they always looked like they needed a major refinish job. I agree with the minions who have told you to work on the details, especially the paint. Make it shine, consider putting some money into paint treatments. Accentuate all the positive, admit to "major" negatives, and work on your ad. Flash it up to make people want to see the car in person. I would stick with the price unless you need the money. 87K miles these days is not like 87K in 1960 when it meant the car was basically worn out. Cars today, properly cared for, are good for 300K. My '94 Chevy PU is approaching 300,000, and I have no urge to spend $60,000 on a new one.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:44 PM
GeorgeR_Zed06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain
I think his price is good. I would think your price is on the high end, 23K for a 113K car is a lot, especially a LS2 C6 that's 8 years old. Your paint looks really shiny though. OP needs to make his shine like yours.
mine books for just over 22k with the mileage. yeah i know mileage is a lil high especially for a vette but the mod list and condition of car makes up for it. 23k is starting price too tho. also, dont let the track times fool u as the DA out here is usually over 7000 feet. people want mods.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:56 PM
GeorgeR_Zed06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Old Teacher
I find it interesting that so many of you are down on yellow corvettes. It must be a geographical thing of some sort. When I bought my car, the dealer had six or seven different colors of essentially the same car. I was immediately drawn to the yellow even before I found out about all the performance and appearance extras. The dealer said that he could not keep a yellow or a black one on the lot for more than a couple days. All the other colors took time to sell and he really had to work on advertising the features, if any. I hate to add this, but he said the dark red/maroon ones were the hardest to sell. He said every flaw in the finish showed, even more than the black, and they always looked like they needed a major refinish job. I agree with the minions who have told you to work on the details, especially the paint. Make it shine, consider putting some money into paint treatments. Accentuate all the positive, admit to "major" negatives, and work on your ad. Flash it up to make people want to see the car in person. I would stick with the price unless you need the money. 87K miles these days is not like 87K in 1960 when it meant the car was basically worn out. Cars today, properly cared for, are good for 300K. My '94 Chevy PU is approaching 300,000, and I have no urge to spend $60,000 on a new one.
its funny u say that about the paint because i totally agree with u. all the ones ive seen were dull looking. not tryn to be conceded but my car is one of the shiniest ones ive seen around here and thats cuz it is factory paint. the key to keeping it shiny is im constantly polishing it with good quality quick detailers after every wash and i dont use soaps with detergents. also my car stays garaged when not in use. when mine is in the sun and washed up, it is one of the best and richest looking plum colors ive seen. it even looked better than my buddys crystal red c6. i think the OP needs to change his post up a lil bit as well cuz it looks boring. makes me not want to read thru it. i showed mine today so hopefully i get that call tomorrow. by the way, im looking at a yellow c6 z.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

mine books for just over 22k with the mileage. yeah i know mileage is a lil high especially for a vette but the mod list and condition of car makes up for it. 23k is starting price too tho. also, dont let the track times fool u as the DA out here is usually over 7000 feet. people want mods.
How many horses are you playing with anyway? I want to start modding bigger, but I have all the boring "grown up bills" I need to pay off before I start
Old 10-01-2014, 10:53 PM
ZooVette
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Old Teacher
I do not think you are out of line on the price, but then I have not looked at it either. With items like corvettes, you have to be patient and wait for the right guy to come along, which will happen. You do not sell a corvette in a hurry. I paid $34,000 for my 05 C6 a few months ago, and I knew at the time it was overpriced and I was overpaying, but the condition of the car and the mileage were major selling points. It had 30,000 miles, which is more than I would have liked, but the car is incomparably pristine and the carfax upgraded the price by almost $2000. I got all the paper work from the original dealer (this was a one owner car) which included all receipts for everything the original buyer bought for the car after he bought it from the dealer. He had added all the factory options, and then put $34,000 into it after he bought it, including a Hurricane cold air intake and a GHL Cat Back exhaust. I was not completely happy about the exhaust, I think GHL is now out of business, and it impossible to find any information on the system. GHL was not a big seller, but I love the sound it puts out and it has the four exhaust outlets, so I am not complaining. Two panels of the driver's seat are a bit wrinkled, and being a perfectionist, I think I will have both seats completely recovered. The convertible top is so good that my friends refuse to believe it is original. It has a beautiful pinstriping job, and I have put a few odds and ends on it including a set of Cray Manta brushed aluminum wheels. The wheels that were on it were the factory wheels and looked very nice, but I wanted just a little more flash which is why I went with the brushed aluminum instead of the chrome. The chrome would have been a been a bit ostentatious with the 18 and 19 inch wheels. Altogether, the car has about $105,000 into it. I do have two questions: 1) where can I get information on the GHL cat back system, and 2) how do you covert horsepower at the rear wheels to horsepower at the flywheel? Many thanks, Denny
Dude you are nuts to buy an '05 for $34k The guy you bought that car from was laughing all the way to the bank. I don't care if you can cook dinner on the engine bay, an '05 with 30k miles is NOT worth that much money. Not even remotely close. Also, those add-ons mean nothing to the value of the car, unless you value them (sounds like you don't) The NADA Retail in spotless condition for your vette is a shade over $30k. Buying from a Private Party is around $25-27k. You do realize you could have bought a C6 Z06 with that kind of money, right?
Old 10-02-2014, 08:48 PM
GeorgeR_Zed06
Burning Brakes

How many horses are you playing with anyway? I want to start modding bigger, but I have all the boring "grown up bills" I need to pay off before I start
lol, i feel u man, i have 2 kids and bills too. car puts down 550 rwhp on the nitrous.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:10 PM
hamster37
Instructor

To the person who sent me a PM via autotrader - I tried to reply, but my emails bounce as undeliverable because you put in an invalid email address.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:06 AM
bpGx
Racer

I wouldn't buy this car for 10k
Lots miles and Nitrous Is BIG no NO
Old 10-03-2014, 02:08 AM
bpGx
Racer

Originally Posted by ZooVette
Dude you are nuts to buy an '05 for $34k The guy you bought that car from was laughing all the way to the bank. I don't care if you can cook dinner on the engine bay, an '05 with 30k miles is NOT worth that much money. Not even remotely close. Also, those add-ons mean nothing to the value of the car, unless you value them (sounds like you don't) The NADA Retail in spotless condition for your vette is a shade over $30k. Buying from a Private Party is around $25-27k. You do realize you could have bought a C6 Z06 with that kind of money, right?

Quick Reply: Reality check request - '06 C6 coupe