Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Is this a good deal

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 10:09 PM
TaDiGs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal

Hey guys so i went and checked out this bette
http://www.coopercorvettes.com/c6silver1345.htm
Is this a good deal he said he would take 28k
Old 01-23-2015, 01:03 AM
keepavette
Advanced

Originally Posted by CBodnar
In my opinion I'd say it's worth about $24k. If you look at edmunds car appraisal, nada guides, and Kelly blue book you can get an idea of what the vehicle is worth. I'd say most 08's have become high 20k cars. An 08 is a better choice because of the upgrades. Good luck
If you can get it for $26k range, which is nada clean trade, you won't hurt yourself. Wholesale value is $22k to $24k. With the color combination and condition it would make a nice driver for many years. Good luck
Old 01-23-2015, 02:00 AM
TaDiGs
Advanced

He offered me the option of switching to a Glass roof.. but i kinda want both. how much do they run for generally? also he told me that bette has been on the lot for 3 years. just like any muscle if you don't use it , it will go bad.. i and kinda sketchy because I'm afraid 80 miles a day will send it into shock, and it start falling apart.. what do you think. he said he drove it to daytona from va.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:04 AM
TaDiGs
Advanced

I looked them up and I see what you mean... he also said i could get the glass roof for about $1200. That i thought was cool but I'm a sketchy because he said its been on the lot for 3 years i don't wanna get it and 80 miles a day send it into shock i under stand routine mantenince but not trying to get a money pit. what do you think?
Old 01-23-2015, 02:32 AM
KennyMeyer
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say walk from this one. If you're looking for a base c6 look for a 2008, this was the year they upgraded to the ls3, and more desirable tr6060 transmission. You should be able to find one of these for ~28k with decent mileage, that was well maintained. You mentioned this car has been on the lot for 3 years, there's probably a reason why.. To answer your question, i don't believe this is a good deal, be patient and you'll find much better!

Good luck with your search
Old 01-23-2015, 02:34 AM
cathammer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBodnar
In my opinion I'd say it's worth about $24k. If you look at edmunds car appraisal, nada guides, and Kelly blue book you can get an idea of what the vehicle is worth. I'd say most 08's have become high 20k cars. An 08 is a better choice because of the upgrades. Good luck

You can get a pretty nice '08 base for $28K, maybe less.

If you do go for it, make very sure the mag shocks are not beginning to leak, & other known potential issues. Really best to have a good 'vette mechanic give it a look (on a lift). I had one checked out recently, and the (very experienced) mechanic found several things that I never would have found on my own. Stuff like a stored code showing intermittent side airbag failure, very slight oil seepage that could require significant $$ remedy, etc.

Good luck!

Last edited by cathammer; 01-23-2015 at 02:37 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:50 AM
TaDiGs
Advanced

Thanks for the input.. I appreciate it...
Old 01-23-2015, 11:06 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Not even close to a good deal. 08's and newer can be had with way less miles.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:37 PM
NavyAirTraffic
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KennyMeyer
I'd say walk from this one. If you're looking for a base c6 look for a 2008, this was the year they upgraded to the ls3, and more desirable tr6060 transmission. You should be able to find one of these for ~28k with decent mileage, that was well maintained. You mentioned this car has been on the lot for 3 years, there's probably a reason why.. To answer your question, i don't believe this is a good deal, be patient and you'll find much better!

Good luck with your search
^^Good advice here^^

If you're patient, you can find ^that^ in a wide body for your budget.... patience is paramount in getting what you want at the price you want. Good luck!
Old 01-23-2015, 03:16 PM
TaDiGs
Advanced

Default thanks

thanks Navy... I got more patience than $ lol... What do you mean wide body... I see these vettes have a million options.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

If it's been sitting there for 3 years, stay away from it. I was told that silver is the hardest color to sell a vette in. Don't be afraid of the LS2, it's 30HP less than the LS3 if HP is that big of a deal save up for 6 more months and go with the LS7.
I think 25K would be a good price, the reason being is because it has sat there for 3 years! The red interior is cool.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:48 PM
TaDiGs
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain
If it's been sitting there for 3 years, stay away from it. I was told that silver is the hardest color to sell a vette in. Don't be afraid of the LS2, it's 30HP less than the LS3 if HP is that big of a deal save up for 6 more months and go with the LS7.
I think 25K would be a good price, the reason being is because it has sat there for 3 years! The red interior is cool.

Yeah sitting 3 years made me feel uneasy but he said exactly why you did silver is not a seller and i thought what a load of bs...lol glad i kept it to myself,,,hahah but I'm not worried about resale its my cherry popper so I'm gonna keep it for ever... I'm loving the 2014-2015 and in about 5 years i will be ready for one so i don't wanna dump a bunch right now.. HP is not a biggie for me , I'm just gonna be going to and from work, stock would probably be good enough. but i see in the vette community mods are big, that being said i like the cosmetic mods more then the performance ones... i good sound system that i could plug my phone up to is more valuable to me then exhaust... for now lol i went on a test drive with an instructor who teaches classes on driving them... it was amazing and eye opening
Old 01-26-2015, 06:49 AM
markzeronine
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll second 26-27 is a better price. I sold my 08 1lt with 33k for $28.7 but it had no options. This interior on silver looks beautiful it would be hard for me to walk away from
Old 01-26-2015, 07:23 AM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TaDiGs
Yeah sitting 3 years made me feel uneasy but he said exactly why you did silver is not a seller and i thought what a load of bs...lol glad i kept it to myself,,,
The silver exterior is not a fast sale color but probably what hurts the car even more than the exterior color and mileage is the red interior. Car salesman refer to the red interior color as "No Sale Red".

There is a thread that followed a nearly new silver 2014 C7 Z51 very low mile loaded coupe with red interior and black wheels that a guy has been advertising for sale on eBay and other sites for over two months and the highest offer he has received to date was $49k.

You do need to think about resale because things change and you may need to sell the car 6 months from now. I have owned around 25 vettes and the color of the exterior and interior and wheels make a huge difference in how fast a vette sells and if you get top dollar.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:50 AM
TaDiGs
Advanced

thanks RJRSW... i really plan on keeping it.. I have other vehicles to sell it times were to change...

markzeronine i think the interior is sweet also, i went and test drove the car and it needs brakes and there was a clicking sound coming from it... so im gonna have to pass on it... he did however say he would swap the red guts with me if i wanted and just pay the labor... so i may still be able to get them
Old 01-26-2015, 09:06 AM
1 slow 97
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

That dealer has had a rep for trying to sell overpriced corvettes for quite a while. There are plenty of other better deals to be had, I would recommend being patient and the right one will come along.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:17 AM
J3TVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 405 Likes on 290 Posts

Its been there for 3 years? RUN
Old 01-26-2015, 10:08 AM
TaDiGs
Advanced

Default thanks

Yeah the red just had me.. But I have a lot more patience then $. So I can wait for a sweet deal on a nice looking daily
Old 01-28-2015, 10:59 AM
gmanc606
Advanced

Default Three years

STAY AWAY, I AGREE WITH THE MEMBERS TELLING YOU TO RUN!!!!!! And don't look back.. I sold my base coupe, 2008 Blue ext black int. with 60,000 miles a few months back for $25,000. Zero problems and needed nothing. Paid 23,500 for it 6 months prior, but I want a newer one now, so saving to find the right one. Be patient. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Is this a good deal

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal