Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2006 LIME GREEN coupe for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 05:40 PM
insightstudios
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2006 LIME GREEN coupe for sale

im totally new here so pardon any mistakes ive made listing this.

i have a 2006 automatic triple black car that is currently wrapped matte lime green.

if green doesnt do it for you i can have the wrap removed and youll be getting a triple black car.

i am new to this but i was wondering if there is any interest in this car.

i can and will happily send photos to anyone interested.

some specs:

2006 auto
mcm carbon fiber hood
z06 brakes
caravaggio carbon fiber seats
caravaggio steering wheel
kenwood in dash dvd gps
painted interior parts (black)
the entire interior has been dynamatted
grand sport matte wheels speedline
ZO6 front bumper, fenders and rear quarters
clear roof
caravaggio rear bumper with built in spoiler
29k miles
ceramic headers
full exhaust
high flow cats
x pipe
cold air intake
windows tinted
headlights tinted
all side marker lights have been painted black with night shades vht lens paint
zr1 side skirts
i have the speedline spyder wheels as well

i think thats it.

do you guys think $40,000 is too much?

i dont have to sell the car thankfully.

feel free to contact me directly at:

773-842-2266
or
therealbobjones@gmail.com

i dont know much about forums so i do apologize if ive done this wrong.

thanks for checking this out.
Attached Images      

Last edited by insightstudios; 01-24-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:13 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Heyo! Welcome to the forum!

That's a unique car you got there! You need to check out what 2006's are going for these day especially this time of year. You need to understand you have simple bolt-ons and a wild paint job, those don't make a car appreciate. Realistically your in the range of 26-29K for an 06 with that sort of paint and body kit. C6s are beautiful, but they are far from an investment. an 06 ZO6 with under 20K on the clock goes for 40K. Yours is a base with bolt-ons and paint that can peel. If you need to sell this the best advice I could give you since you asked what is a good price is peel that green off of it. 26-29K depending on the condition, you cant be serious thinking your going to get in return from what you put in on this car, 40k is absurd. GLWS
Old 01-25-2015, 02:22 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

do you guys think $40,000 is too much?
Yes. Welcome to the forum. Another guy had a car this color a few years ago on here.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:08 PM
insightstudios
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain
Heyo! Welcome to the forum!

thanks!!

That's a unique car you got there!

i hope this isnt sarcasm. i know its a c6. pretty common.

You need to check out what 2006's are going for these day especially this time of year. You need to understand you have simple bolt-ons and a wild paint job, those don't make a car appreciate.

i understand totally.

Realistically your in the range of 26-29K for an 06 with that sort of paint and body kit.

thats what i was looking at and bringing up to you guys to see what you thought. i know what ive put into it. the reason why i was asking if $40 was too much was because i know what it would cost to make this car this car.

C6s are beautiful, but they are far from an investment.

i get that. its a c6. not a zr1. or antything supercharged or anything like that.

an 06 ZO6 with under 20K on the clock goes for 40K. Yours is a base with bolt-ons and paint that can peel.

its a wrap. but i get what youre saying.

If you need to sell this

thats the best part. i dont NEED to. the new ZO6 is calling my name so i figured i could see what id be able to get for mine. its paid off and done exactly how id want it done so keeping it isnt a bother at all.

the best advice I could give you since you asked what is a good price is peel that green off of it.

i said i could keep it on or take it off was because someone might want a matte lime green vette. if someone was interested and didnt want the wrap id take it off.

26-29K depending on the condition, you cant be serious thinking your going to get in return from what you put in on this car, 40k is absurd. GLWS
i didnt think id get back what i had into it. the seats arent two months old and between them and the steering whell it was $5--- and change. there has been a ton of work done to it. granted its all asthetic for drivability and reliability. thanks for the input. most of what ive heard on these forums is a bunch of keyboard warrior *******s and im thankful you werent one of them and put some thought into the response you sent. i appreciate the words sir. thanks again for you input.

if someone wants a car that needs NOTHING asthetically with some performance upgrades this is the car.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:38 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain
...40k is absurd. GLWS

The triple black looks sick.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:11 AM
insightstudios
Advanced

Default Thanks for the input

So if I'm correct here.

Adding any aftermarket parts doesn't increase the value at all?

Because it seems like from what you guys are saying is it would make more sense to take everything off and part the car out.

The zO6 big brake kit has to be worth $1000 right? For all new rotors and pads? I see them on eBay for $1400 used.

The mcm carbon fiber hood?
From what I remember its the nicest aftermarket hood made. Im sure someone in here would be interested in it if it were for sale.

I'm just a little confused.

But if that's what the car is worth then that what the car is worth.

A Lamborghini aventador is only worth what someone will pay for it. And that also applies to this car here.

I sincerely appreciate the replies and direct messages. Thankfully nobody has been ignorant, rude, or overly sarcastic like I've been told are on these forums.

If anyone is interested in the car or maybe even some of the parts feel free to hit me up.

I'm going to keep it on here until the spring providing it doesn't sell.

At that point the green wrap is coming off.

The next time you'll see this car will be metallic matte hot pink.

It's going to look ****ING KILLER.

I'll post pics.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:19 AM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by insightstudios
So if I'm correct here.

Adding any aftermarket parts doesn't increase the value at all?
The right mods add value to a buyer who wants them, very tricky (I've owned a used car dealership for 10 years).

I'll go out on a limb to say that the majority of Corvette buyers want original paint, hence my triple black comment.

Also keep in mind the C6 market. I could have purchased a leftover 2013 BRAND NEW in late 2013 for $38,000. It happens every time a new generation Corvette comes out, the previous generation takes a hit in value.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:04 AM
insightstudios
Advanced

Originally Posted by UniqueDoug
The right mods add value to a buyer who wants them, very tricky (I've owned a used car dealership for 10 years).

That I figured. This car is worth someone who wants THIS car. I get that. I'm not being unrealistic in listing it for sale. I just have to know and understand this isn't a "stock" car and while I think what I've done to the car is awesome some people couldn't give two wags of a cats *** for it. So I get it. I was actually going to trade it in on a 2014 z51 3lt convertible when the salesman said "you're better off selling this to someone who is looking for this car." Which is why I posted it to the forum. I figured not everyone wants a stock car in this forum due to the fact it's a little more serious over cars for com or something like that.

I'll go out on a limb to say that the majority of Corvette buyers want original paint, hence my triple black comment.

That's why I wrapped it. My options are still open. It makes a lot more sense than painting it. No jams or engine compartment are worked on with a wrap.

Also keep in mind the C6 market. I could have purchased a leftover 2013 BRAND NEW in late 2013 for $38,000. It happens every time a new generation Corvette comes out, the previous generation takes a hit in value.
This I know. I've seen 2014 vettes going for a lot cheaper than Id ever imagine since the 2015s are out.

Thanks for the reply.

👍
Old 01-26-2015, 08:33 AM
carriccp
Burning Brakes

Received 603 Likes on 283 Posts

Cool car, like the green. Triple black looks sweet, and I agree you will definitely get more with it black than green, but Hell will freeze over before you get $40k for it.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:01 AM
1 slow 97
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Sell the seats, sterring wheel, hood, take the wrap off, should sell for 28,000ish add the money you got for seats(people pay good money for used carravagio seats)steering wheel and hood and you will be way ahead and make much more than selling it right now and not getting any bites at 40,000.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:01 PM
insightstudios
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1 slow 97
Sell the seats, sterring wheel, hood, take the wrap off, should sell for 28,000ish add the money you got for seats(people pay good money for used carravagio seats)steering wheel and hood and you will be way ahead and make much more than selling it right now and not getting any bites at 40,000.

That's what I fiugred. Thanks for the good words.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:23 PM
vette505
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This I know. I've seen 2014 vettes going for a lot cheaper than Id ever imagine since the 2015s are out.

Thanks for the reply.

👍
He's not saying the 2014 is taking a hit since the 2015 vettes are out, he's saying the previous generation (2005-2013) Corvettes are taking a hit now that the 2014+ Corvettes are here. Heck, you can buy a 2006+ Z06 for less than $36,000 with 60,000 miles or less. Its crazy, but every body wants rid of their 2013 or older and a 2014 or newer. Sadly, yours and mine all fall into the 2005-13 bracket..which are suffering. Lucky for me however, I just bought mine so the market played FOR me this time. It won't help however when it comes to resale. GLWS
Old 01-26-2015, 12:51 PM
insightstudios
Advanced

Originally Posted by vette505
He's not saying the 2014 is taking a hit since the 2015 vettes are out, he's saying the previous generation (2005-2013) Corvettes are taking a hit now that the 2014+ Corvettes are here. Heck, you can buy a 2006+ Z06 for less than $36,000 with 60,000 miles or less. Its crazy, but every body wants rid of their 2013 or older and a 2014 or newer. Sadly, yours and mine all fall into the 2005-13 bracket..which are suffering. Lucky for me however, I just bought mine so the market played FOR me this time. It won't help however when it comes to resale. GLWS
Thanks. ANOTHER genuine person not being ****** on a forum board.

I have to say that im pleasantly surprised about the bulk of the response and messages.

You guys are some solid people.

Thanks for all your help. Each and every person considerate enough to send a useful thoughtful realistic respone.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:41 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks. ANOTHER genuine person not being ****** on a forum board.

I have to say that im pleasantly surprised about the bulk of the response and messages.

You guys are some solid people.

Thanks for all your help. Each and every person considerate enough to send a useful thoughtful realistic respone.
You just caught us on a good day.

Originally Posted by CBodnar
I think everyone is being nice to you and just giving you good advice since you are being nice back. Usually, these threads start out with why can't I get $40k or I won't sell for less. Then people try to get the owner in line with why it won't get that and then the owner gets pissed and starts wigging out. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you do. The car looks sharp!
Good points.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:27 PM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

No problem dude. There are a lot of a-holes on this forum, but for the most part there are a lot of good members too. Our C6's have took a HUGE hit and it sucks, but it is what it is. Having the 05-07 it took even a bigger hit because of the engine, but make no mistake they ALL took a HUGE it more than any C5 did when the C6 came out. I have an 05 and love it and I have zero complaints and the only car I'd get rid of it for is a ZO6, but based on how little I can get for it, I'd rather keep it. It's not worth it to me.
All the after market stuff all it does is customize the car for you/personalize your hobby. Some stuff will help you get a little more, but from all of what I've seen the return is like 20%-30% on the high end of what the owner put in.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:22 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Thanks for the reply.

��
keep it and enjoy the car unless you don't mind taking a hit on selling it. you stated you don't need to sell it thats why i say keep it. i have a013 and was going to trade it in on a 012 c.e. grand sport. the dealer offered me 33 grand for mine with 5000 miles on the clock. needless to say i just walked away. i'll do a mild mod and keep it since its paid off and i have 2 other vehicles. good luck whatever you decide to do.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:25 PM
insightstudios
Advanced

The triple black looks sick.
It's as black as I could have made it. If I could get black rotors they'd be in there.

I wanted the corvette darth vader would drive. I think I got it.

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 LIME GREEN coupe for sale

Old 01-26-2015, 03:27 PM
insightstudios
Advanced

Originally Posted by CBodnar
I think everyone is being nice to you and just giving you good advice since you are being nice back. Usually, these threads start out with why can't I get $40k or I won't sell for less. Then people try to get the owner in line with why it won't get that and then the owner gets pissed and starts wigging out. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you do. The car looks sharp!
I've seen forums before and I never understood the slamming or shaming of someone genuinely looking for help/advice.

I feel if you come correct and you're dealing with secure adults there's no reason to be a baby.

I did my best to get the look of the car how I wanted it. It was a huge parts chase and it's finally together.

Thanks for the good words.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:45 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I've seen forums before and I never understood the slamming or shaming of someone genuinely looking for help/advice.

I feel if you come correct and you're dealing with secure adults there's no reason to be a baby.

I did my best to get the look of the car how I wanted it. It was a huge parts chase and it's finally together.

Thanks for the good words.
Most of the slamming and shaming are done in CFOT & PRC, and in C7Gen.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:02 PM
insightstudios
Advanced

Most of the slamming and shaming are done in CFOT & PRC, and in C7Gen.
I don't know what any of that means. :/

Quick Reply: 2006 LIME GREEN coupe for sale