Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2006 Z06, TSP PRC 265 Heads, Cam, Pfadt Tri-Y - $36,969

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 11:38 AM
erichg1000
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2006 Z06, TSP PRC 265 Heads, Cam, Pfadt Tri-Y - $36,969

FOR SALE: 2006 CORVETTE Z06 - PRICE DROPPED DOWN TO $36,969.

UPDATED with new pictures at is it sits now. Since the first picture set were before the track time. Those beautiful Pfadt headers have really colored up nicely! Nice shades of purple and blue they look awesome.

It's sadly dusty so once I get a chance and the weather permits i'll wash her all up and take a walk around and drive video. I'm always careful. Always warm up the oil before getting on it and progressively build throttle input as temp rises. I have a block-off plate covering the oil cooler for street use. Warms right up to 200 quickly usually stays between 190 and 220 on the street. I usually shift by 6500 and never more than 6800 since I put the new heads and cam on. Since it has heavier SS valves, I play it safe and shift sooner. You should too!

The black repros are straight with no dents. However they do have some rash and scratches, and here and there remnants of plasti dip. They are not the best, but who cares. You are going to get sick new wheels wrapped in Michelin PSS aren't you! I would get 18" wheels all around if I was keeping it but that's just me. The stock polished aluminum wheels are in decent condition with some pitting in the finish but are straight no dents or rash. Those don't have any tires on them. If you want those, I mean I would sell them with the car for $300 which is a great price.

I have decided to put up my pride and joy for sale. I am selling this to provide funds to get into racing. This is a fully loaded 2LZ with Nav, Bose system, heated seats, etc - every option.

I purchased the vehicle in April of 2010 and it had about 22,000 miles on it at that time. As of this writing it has 32,917 miles.

There are some very minor blems in the paint here and there. It has track time so that is expected. I have priced the base level of the car to reflect the paint condition. It's about 8.7/10 - a bit of spray on the front of the rear fenders, and some really fine scratches on the right side door from hitting a cone. The front of the car has a 3M clear bra that has some scratches on it. The clear bra has been on there since new so the paint should be pristine underneath.

The car has exactly 3.5 hours of track time, and 2000 miles since I completed these mods. After the tune, the oil was changed after 2 hours of track time. I have been running Rotella T6 5w-40 (1200+ ppm Zinc levels - much better than Mobile 1).

I reused the same pics form when I first listed this vehicle 2 years ago and then got cold feet. It no longer has the Wilwood brakes, spindle ducts, and the stock exhaust was replaced with LG G2 exhaust cans. I will get new pics of the current stock brakes and the LG exhaust later.

Here are the mods starting with the motor and working down:

Texas Speed PRC 265 Heads - Titanium intake valves (by Trick Titanium), Stainless Exhaust valves. These have the TSP .675 dual valve springs.

GM MLS head gaskets were used. I meticulously cleaned all the bolt holes and deck surfaces, prepped with rubbing alcohol and no human skin oils touched the surfaces.

ARP Head Bolts (much stronger than stock and can be re-used).

Redline assembly lube was used for everything.

Comp Cams 7.850” pushrods which gave .0090 lifter preload.

Brand new LS7 lifters bathed in oil overnight (to prime the lifters).

Texas Speed LS7S Cam - 242/250 duration .650/.650 lift 114 +3 (runs very smoothly. It can putt along at 1400 in 6th just fine)

New Cometic gaskets for the timing cover and water pump.

ARP Crank Bolt

Aviaid Oil Tank Baffle (keeps oil from burping into intake, helps separate air and oil to resupply oiling system more effectively, keeps oil from climbing up the tank walls away from the pickup during high G turn)

Pfadt Tri-Y Headers with Hi Flow 200 Cell Cats & Cometic gaskets

LG G2 Mufflers

Bilstein DRM valved Shocks

Pfadt Poly Engine Mounts

Pfadt Poly Transmission Mounts

Brand new front and rear rotors.

It currently has black repros wrapped in Invos. I have the stock polished aluminum wheels as well.

RX Catch Can (again, keeps oil out of the intake and reduces oil vapor in the system)

Fans are re-programmed to come low speed at 200 F and high speed at 220 F

Tuned by Harvey @ TheBoostCreep. Puts down 557 HP & 500 TQ

I was experimenting with wheel colors so in some of the pics they are plasti-dipped red but I recently removed the plasti-dip. Back to black.

You can reach me at erich.gradle@gmail.com with any questions. I will respond quickly. I am in Denver CO. I moved here from Texas and of course, have never driven the car on snow or salted roads. The Title is clear and in my possession. It's a clean Texas title.

Here are the new pics and the original pics of the build and random stuff are down below after the first start video.

Attachment 48369302

Below are pics of the car in it's various forms, and pics of the build, and video of the first start:

Here she is ready mid way thru tear down

Hi-tech engine jacking system

Cradle hangin

Some progress. Old heads about to come off

UNLEANNNNN

Vacuuming out the bolt holes

Cleaned mating surface

More progress

New Cam all lubed up (old lifters in background).

In she goes - I used the water pump bolts for extra grip as slowly inserted the bump stick

new lifters taking a bath

Timing chain and sprocket back on. DON'T forget to loctite the cam retention plate like i did - I had it almost back together and then took it all back apart. (after being like, wait did i loctite those? Don't drink too much beer while working on your car either)

About the oil pump - I've heard of others having trouble getting each of the cogs to line up. I laid under the car and got my head up to peer down the length of the crank rod, and looking through the oil pump. I got the first sprocket onto the crank and then reach in with your finger and peer through the hole to get the teeth lined up. Then do the same with the second cog and it's really easy. I even did it twice.

Super hi tech "CAI" mod (1x5" rectangle cuts)

Getting there

Hanging up exhaust - i had the great idea to run the O2 wires ABOVE the tunnel plate... but not long enough

Pretty V Bands

Pfadt engine mounts

All the rockers ready to go in (I used 7.850 pushrods)

RX Catch Can

Left coil packs off for starter catastrophe check

Last edited by erichg1000; 01-28-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:15 PM
thehawkjr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be the first to say.

THAT IS HOW YOU POST AN AD FOR SALE. GREAT JOB.

Great price. Should sell very fast.

Good luck but you won't need it.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:52 PM
erichg1000
Drifting

Added some new pics as it sits. It's a little dusty so after I get time to wash it off I will do a walk around video tour.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:00 AM
DanCotti
Advanced

Would buy this in a heartbeat if you were closer friend just totaled mine
Old 01-30-2015, 12:28 PM
jdm767
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Okay, I'm interested.

That's a fantastic post. Exceptionally complete.

So, I'm looking for a track car. That's it. Not a dual purpose, but one that is meant for the track.

I couldn't help but notice that you have the stock seats and belts. Did I miss any safety mods in the cockpit? Or was that next?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Jeff
Old 01-30-2015, 10:19 PM
UniqueDoug
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

Probably the best ad I've ever seen here!
Old 02-11-2015, 02:57 PM
erichg1000
Drifting

Originally Posted by jdm767
Okay, I'm interested.

That's a fantastic post. Exceptionally complete.

So, I'm looking for a track car. That's it. Not a dual purpose, but one that is meant for the track.

I couldn't help but notice that you have the stock seats and belts. Did I miss any safety mods in the cockpit? Or was that next?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Jeff
Hey sorry for lack of reply I have been buried under work and projects. I've already sold most of the track mods from the car, so the race seats harness bar and belts are already gone.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:01 PM
erichg1000
Drifting

This will be going on ebay soon.

Updated with some exterior pics I took over the weekend, after I washed the dust off her. I was experiencing a slight miss under light throttle load and I changed from the NGK plugs back over to stock plugs and I didn't notice it when I drove it last weekend. The only other issues I noticed was the left rear muffler rattling against something. I need to get underneath it and see what that is all about.

I did do a walkaround video but the audio did not come out very well so I will upload that soon anyway, and work towards getting a better video done.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:51 AM
DanCotti
Advanced

Originally Posted by erichg1000
This will be going on ebay soon.

Updated with some exterior pics I took over the weekend, after I washed the dust off her. I was experiencing a slight miss under light throttle load and I changed from the NGK plugs back over to stock plugs and I didn't notice it when I drove it last weekend. The only other issues I noticed was the left rear muffler rattling against something. I need to get underneath it and see what that is all about.

I did do a walkaround video but the audio did not come out very well so I will upload that soon anyway, and work towards getting a better video done.

Beautiful car man, if I don't get the opportunity to purchase this, I wish you the best of luck. I plan on purchasing a car before March, so I will be in touch.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:36 AM
erichg1000
Drifting

Bump - beautiful spring weather we are having in Colorado. I put some pleasure cruising and errand running miles on her, she is up to 34,000 miles now. I was reminded how much pleasure this car brings. Really makes me firmer on the price, you guys should have been lowballing earlier before I was reminded of how awesome this car is!
Old 03-31-2015, 05:24 PM
erichg1000
Drifting

Bump! For $30k you can get a really nice base 08 Corvette with around 350 WHP. Or, for less than $7k more, you can have my car with 557 earth churning wheel horsepower. While you sit comfortably in the ice cold AC, the car will be loping gently, bringing the attention from the lesser motorists around you. As you are elevated among the gods keep your head on earth. You are so lucky to have a Z06!
Old 03-31-2015, 10:08 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Bump - beautiful spring weather we are having in Colorado. I put some pleasure cruising and errand running miles on her, she is up to 34,000 miles now. I was reminded how much pleasure this car brings. Really makes me firmer on the price, you guys should have been lowballing earlier before I was reminded of how awesome this car is!
I'll start the lowball price at 25K .

Seriously though, great car! A touch out of my price range but here's a free bump for ya.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:49 PM
Wadoka
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04
Cruise-In 1-2-3-4-5 Veteran

Does it still have cats, and will it pass an OBDII emissions test, do you know?
Old 04-01-2015, 09:28 AM
erichg1000
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wadoka
Does it still have cats, and will it pass an OBDII emissions test, do you know?
Yes it has cats. It has 200-cell high flow cats that came as an option with the Pfadt Tri-Y system.

I have no idea if it will pass emissions in your particular municipality. I have never tried. I know there are tuners that can run a smog-tune to get cammed LS motors to pass emissions, but smog testing does not interest me.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

How big are the headers? 1 3/4 or 1 7/8? Thanks!
Old 04-03-2015, 01:00 AM
kotik
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 22 Posts

Do u have original muffler?
Old 04-03-2015, 08:09 AM
heybro
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i want to move from tx to co. where are the good jobs at right now??

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 Z06, TSP PRC 265 Heads, Cam, Pfadt Tri-Y - $36,969

Old 04-03-2015, 09:32 AM
erichg1000
Drifting

The headers are 1 7/8"

I do have a set of OEM mufflers. They have not been modified yet though. I originally traded my stocked modded muffs for these LG GT2 cans. I have since acquired a set of untouched stock mufflers that if this car doesn't sell I will plan on modifying and putting back on and selling the GT2 cans. The GT2 system is obviously lighter weight but the sound is deeper and not as loud as the stock modded system, plus I like being able to do the M2W thing.

Jobs in Denver - lot's of tech opportunities. I am not that sure of what type of jobs are most prevalent in Denver or CO. There is military jobs in the springs. You can always check into the city-data forum for that type of information.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:19 AM
kotik
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 22 Posts

The headers are 1 7/8"

I do have a set of OEM mufflers. They have not been modified yet though. I originally traded my stocked modded muffs for these LG GT2 cans. I have since acquired a set of untouched stock mufflers that if this car doesn't sell I will plan on modifying and putting back on and selling the GT2 cans. The GT2 system is obviously lighter weight but the sound is deeper and not as loud as the stock modded system, plus I like being able to do the M2W thing.

Jobs in Denver - lot's of tech opportunities. I am not that sure of what type of jobs are most prevalent in Denver or CO. There is military jobs in the springs. You can always check into the city-data forum for that type of information.

I just got orders to germany, so need stock muffler. Would u beale to put that on andlower the price a bit?
Old 04-04-2015, 01:05 AM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

What great detail and pictures! This should move fast as in fast I mean within a couple weeks. On the Forum a lot want a give away and from the looks of it your price is really good so it should move. I love the picture of the cat in the box next to the heads, they love boxes, my house is filled with boxes for them.

Quick Reply: 2006 Z06, TSP PRC 265 Heads, Cam, Pfadt Tri-Y - $36,969